A Second Nandos

Pot Luck

There is rumors going about that nandos are opening a second Aberdeen restaurant so I searched on the internet and I could not find anything but on wikipedia I found something I know wikipedia is not always reliable but this seems too thought out to be vandalism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Academy_Shopping_Centre

''Nando's will be opening their second Aberdeen restaurant in the old Pier unit in the centre with a frontage on Belmont Street. They have also lodged plans to extend through the back into the shopping centre walkway so that they have direct access for seating, to the courtyard. Nando's will utilise both the ground and first floors of the unit for dining.''

could this be possible. Does anyone know anything about this ? I hope it is true because there chicken is the bees knees.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is rumors going about that nandos are opening a second Aberdeen restaurant so I searched on the internet and I could not find anything but on wikipedia I found something I know wikipedia is not always reliable but this seems too thought out to be vandalism.

http://en.wikipedia....Shopping_Centre

''Nando's will be opening their second Aberdeen restaurant in the old Pier unit in the centre with a frontage on Belmont Street. They have also lodged plans to extend through the back into the shopping centre walkway so that they have direct access for seating, to the courtyard. Nando's will utilise both the ground and first floors of the unit for dining.''

could this be possible. Does anyone know anything about this ? I hope it is true because there chicken is the bees knees.

:gay:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Academy_Shopping_Centre

I think calling it a restaurant is pushing your poetic licence somewhat.

It's a fast food joint at best. A gash one at that.

I don't know what Nandos tastes like, never been.

I have only eaten at one Italian place and Chiquitos in Union Square. I have never fancied a Nando's, I've always wanted to try Spur though.

You mean you've only eaten in Union Square in those "restaurants" or those two are the only restaurants you've ever eaten in?

I hope it's the first.

Yup.

We were in Union Sq, last night. The food joints were queued out.

Bewildering.

Tell me about it. I wouldn't touch any of those restaurants in there with a 10 foot barge pole.

Mass produced sh*te.

All of it.

Any chef worth his salt doesn't work in a shopping centre as if he was a good chef he'd be working in a half decent restaurant getting more pay than the pittance served up by chain restaurants.

That information alone should be enough to tell you to stay clear of "Nando's" or any of the other pish that pretends to be a restaurant.

Tell me about it. I wouldn't touch any of those restaurants in there with a 10 foot barge pole.

Mass produced sh*te.

All of it.

Any chef worth his salt doesn't work in a shopping centre as if he was a good chef he'd be working in a half decent restaurant getting more pay than the pittance served up by chain restaurants.

That information alone should be enough to tell you to stay clear of "Nando's" or any of the other pish that pretends to be a restaurant.

Yet they are always busy and no doubt raking in a fortune for the owners. I think it's good that we have somewhere like this in town. I walked through Union Sq today on the way back from the football and all the eateries were full of families and young people. It's not about having great restaurants in there, it's about reasonably cheap, quick served food to meet the demands of people with children and young adults.

As someone who is neither young or a parent I wouldn't choose to eat there and if someone suggested going on a date to eat in one of those places I'd say no but at least they are serving a purpose. As long as families and young adults continue to choose to eat in these shitholes then that means they are leaving proper restaurants kid free for the likes of me to enjoy great food and wine in peace.

Cheap, fast, fat-laden food will always be popular, regardless of whether it tastes particularly good or not.

Having said that, the worst food I've ever eaten has been at nice restaurants. Twice in Michigan.. I was served a Chicken Marsala that smelled like cow-sh*t and tasted worse,* and a steak that was amost entirely gristle.

And in Paris I was served a steak I wouldn't have fed to a dog.

Only trouble I've had in fast food was a KFC in Aberdeen where I was served a battered chicken brain along with my bucket of chicken bits.

* I was subsequently told by someone who wasn't there and whom I've never met (an alleged chef, on an AFC board, in fact) that I was completely wrong, and that the sh*t-like Chicken Marsala was just fine.... which begs the question, what the f**k is the food HE cooks like?

1263154836.jpg

I spent a hundred quid on a seven course meal in Gordon Ramsay's Maze restaurant in Grosvenor Square in central London a couple of years ago. I can safely say the 10 quid I spend in Nando's of an average visitation represents superior value for money :thumbs:

Yet they are always busy and no doubt raking in a fortune for the owners. I think it's good that we have somewhere like this in town. I walked through Union Sq today on the way back from the football and all the eateries were full of families and young people. It's not about having great restaurants in there, it's about reasonably cheap, quick served food to meet the demands of people with children and young adults.

As someone who is neither young or a parent I wouldn't choose to eat there and if someone suggested going on a date to eat in one of those places I'd say no but at least they are serving a purpose. As long as families and young adults continue to choose to eat in these shitholes then that means they are leaving proper restaurants kid free for the likes of me to enjoy great food and wine in peace.

Or it may mean these 'proper restaurants' go out of business due to everyone eating in these shitholes. :dontknow:

Honestly though, I cannot believe folk would rather eat the plastic chain food in Union Square than go to Cafe 52 or Musa which are only about 100 yards walk away and infinitely better quality.

A family of 4, 2 adults 2 kids out for a Sunday afternoon cruise about town, spend £50-60 in a Union sq joint or double that in a 'proper restaurant'? It's a no brainer.

Maybe these 'proper restaurants' need to adapt to this sort of thing if they're to survive.

Yes, obviously I'd rather eat at a Ciao Napoli or somewhere like that compared to Nandos, but if I'm nipping into town for a couple things, I'm going to go to Nando's on a spur of the minute decision instead of Ciao Napoli. Don't have to book, costs less than £15 and is decent value for money.

Do people not understand that?