Mini Huns V Dons Thread

The next person who mentions 'Calderwood' is getting banned.

*edit* Please be Millertime. :crossfingers:

Whoo hoo.

Add to that, was Calderwood was given ample funds to spend by SPL standards. Big mistake was giving him the new contract, which by the way most fans agreed with at the time, which meant we squandered the profits from the euro run + ando sale paying him off and bringing in Mcghee, leaving no money for investment in the playing side.

Back to square 1, pre-calderwood.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no creativity, no goals in 4 games, a f**king disgrace. what is our worst start to an spl season?? A team to be proud of Mr Brown.....really?

In terms of afore we scored?

This was bad.

99/00 in Skovdahl's 1st season.

0-5 Celtic

0-2 Killie

0-2 Dundee

0-3 Hearts

0-3 St Johnstone

0-3 Rangers

1-2 Dundee Utd

Nae sure if there has been a worse een.

But we're pretty much on target for equalling the 6 without a goal and possibly surpassing it...

Add to that, was Calderwood was given ample funds to spend by SPL standards. Big mistake was giving him the new contract, which by the way most fans agreed with at the time, which meant we squandered the profits from the euro run + ando sale paying him off and bringing in Mcghee, leaving no money for investment in the playing side.

Back to square 1, pre-calderwood.

Milne has got to dig deep...same as when Calderwood arrived and buy 2 wingers and a striker...but he won't.

Even the best defence in the world cannot succeed without scoring goals!!!!

Milne has got to dig deep...same as when Calderwood arrived and buy 2 wingers and a striker...but he won't.

Even the best defence in the world cannot succeed without scoring goals!!!!

Exactly, little investment was the springboard which allowed us off to a good start under him, which would have paid dividends had we not given him the final contract.

what the f**ks calderwood being lumped in there for?!

did we finish out the top 5 once with him???

Jesus, calm yourself.

I put him in as a manager that worked under Milne. By the end of his time his players were being sold, and he/the club was not given the funds to reinvest. Brown, i fear has been fed the same bullshit promises from the board that they did with McGhee - investment blah blah blah....

I dont blame Brown for this shambles one little bit. Aberdeen Football Club is rotten to the core, and has been for a very long time.

Mr Milne. Give Brown the money to bring in the following:

1. A left back of the Steven Smith quality.

2. 2 Wide players, 1 each side of the park.

3. Quality striker.

Mr Brown. Please wake up to the fact:

1. McArdle cannot play full back

2. Magennis cannot play wing and should only be a sub, up front, when we need something different.

3. Mackie shouldn't be anywhere need the team and I've NO idea why he has played every game this season. Why doesn't he have to earn the chance first same as any other player?

4. We need the players as above, quickly.

Even that would see us mid table only, to really be competing we'd need another striker of a good standard and just let players like mackie, magennis etc. leave the club.

Lastly if we simply continue showing loyalty to these and other quite average players we will see all confidence drained out of every player in the side. Which in fact looks to be well under way already and is exactly one of the reasons why we could not afford to start the season like this.

I agree with everything apart from 3.

Mackie is in the team as he is better than both Paton and Magennis up front.

Brown clearly doesn't think Megginson is ready to start.

Jesus, calm yourself.

I put him in as a manager that worked under Milne. By the end of his time his players were being sold, and he/the club was not given the funds to reinvest. Brown, i fear has been fed the same bullshit promises from the board that they did with McGhee - investment blah blah blah....

I dont blame Brown for this shambles one little bit. Aberdeen Football Club is rotten to the core, and has been for a very long time.

quite agree there with your statement its all higher up in the club which is at fault for our current problems. wish someone would come into our club and invest some serious capital and get our club back on an even keel

quite agree there with your statement its all higher up in the club which is at fault for our current problems. wish someone would come into our club and invest some serious capital and get our club back on an even keel

Whatever we think of the board, the manager has to take a huge chunk of the blame for the shambles ON the field

Is it really that dangerous in Gorgie?

:hysterical:

Thank you sir, that raised a much needed laugh after suffering through that.

The away support point is a good one though. The away end was just about full today bit I can see a dramatic drop off in away fans over the next few months.

utterly predictable scoreline today. said to the mrs before the game i thought we would be pumped 3-0 or there about. if brown doesn't get the cash to sort us out up front then we are going to be fighting relegation this season. no goals in four games is abysmal. our club continues to seek new lows just when you think we can't be any worse.

nothing will change under the current regime, everything that can be said about our 'leaders' has already been said. we can only hope that maybe milne will f**k off after the new stadium is built and hopefully we can put the last 20 years behind us. what a f**kin shambles.

I really enjoyed the football for the first 20-25 minutes. Hearts were sh*t, and even through to half time, they resorted to passing it round the back, to Kello, long ball to Sutton, either he wins the header or freekick. That seemed to be until they realised just to pass it to Templeton and let him run at McArdle.

The most annoying thing about today is that Hearts looked distinctly average and still ended up with a very good result. Heads down as soon as we conceded the first and all we had been doing well till that point seemed to stop.

I don't think the result today was down to a poor quality of player in our squad, I think it is all down to too many of them filling in unusual positions (Milsom and Fyvie) or those that they have played plenty and consistenly failed in (McArdle).

Brown needs to sort that out, or as I said in the other thread, we just aren't going to do anything this year.

Heard nothing of the game other than that 3 goals went in

I'm concerned, be afraid people, be very afraid. We're like that boat that's in Film4 just now. We've hit our ice berg some time ago and we're sinking.

We've had numerous captains, but had one admiral.

That feckless, faceless c**t Milne is determined to ruin us by not supporting good capable managers.

Sack the f**king board, quit the the stadium move and invest in this team, because otherwise we won't have a team or support worth putting in a new stadium,