Arsenal

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute complete and utter drivel. Yes the club as it is now - the last 5 years or so - is built on money, but to say most fans are from the glory hunting brigade is an absolute joke.

Eastlands is by far the more atmospheric of the two Manchester stadiums, and don't get me started on the complete and utter lack of atmosphere amongst the "passionate" :rolleyes: hordes at the Emirates, a support riddled with glory hunters.

Manchester has every bit as much if not more history than Arsenal, and doesn;t have the mass of glory hunters tagging along like City do, City will no doubt begin to catch up in years to come if their money has the desired effect, but at present their fan base is predominantly, indeed overwhelmingly local, and what Nasri has said is absolutely dead on the money.

:applause:

Absolute complete and utter drivel. Yes the club as it is now - the last 5 years or so - is built on money, but to say most fans are from the glory hunting brigade is an absolute joke.

Eastlands is by far the more atmospheric of the two Manchester stadiums, and don't get me started on the complete and utter lack of atmosphere amongst the "passionate" :rolleyes: hordes at the Emirates, a support riddled with glory hunters.

Manchester has every bit as much if not more history than Arsenal, and doesn;t have the mass of glory hunters tagging along like City do, City will no doubt begin to catch up in years to come if their money has the desired effect, but at present their fan base is predominantly, indeed overwhelmingly local, and what Nasri has said is absolutely dead on the money.

i'm not so sure about that fats.

granted old trafford can be quiet for such a big stadium. much in the same way the nou camp and san siro can be quiet. to expect all 80k folk to shout their head off for 90mins is highly unlikely, esp when you consider the amount of tourists at the games.

but i think its a myth that wastlands is some sort of footballing inferno. it like most stadia nowadays suffers from the premier league experience - all seater stadia, middle-class fans, sobreity etc.

there arent many grounds these days that are known for their atmosphere. stoke seems to be one but i dont know how true that is.

oh and i'd also say that arsenal have a far more interesting history than city do. without doubt city lag behind in success and i cant think of much in the way of history with city to compare with the arsenal of the 30s, the 1970 side and george grahams period.

that said, osais do support city so that gives them extra points ofver the likes of alan davies.

i'm not so sure about that fats.

granted old trafford can be quiet for such a big stadium. much in the same way the nou camp and san siro can be quiet. to expect all 80k folk to shout their head off for 90mins is highly unlikely, esp when you consider the amount of tourists at the games.

but i think its a myth that wastlands is some sort of footballing inferno. it like most stadia nowadays suffers from the premier league experience - all seater stadia, middle-class fans, sobreity etc.

there arent many grounds these days that are known for their atmosphere. stoke seems to be one but i dont know how true that is.

oh and i'd also say that arsenal have a far more interesting history than city do. without doubt city lag behind in success and i cant think of much in the way of history with city to compare with the arsenal of the 30s, the 1970 side and george grahams period.

that said, osais do support city so that gives them extra points ofver the likes of alan davies.

rubbish.

newcastle, stoke, liverpool, man city, spurs, to name a few have atmosphere....last saeason blackpool, west ham, I suppose even west brom and wolves can be added, so yer talkin poop

rubbish.

newcastle, stoke, liverpool, man city, spurs, to name a few have atmosphere....last saeason blackpool, west ham, I suppose even west brom and wolves can be added, so yer talkin poop

jesus wept.

o.k. let me put it this way... all of the above and lob in sunderland, united, chelsea and probably more were afr more raucous in the olden days.

they all have atmosphere sometimes even an 'electric' atmosphere, even the emirates, but its not like it used to be. not to the state where you'd leave one club to join another.

jesus wept.

o.k. let me put it this way... all of the above and lob in sunderland, united, chelsea and probably more were afr more raucous in the olden days.

they all have atmosphere sometimes even an 'electric' atmosphere, even the emirates, but its not like it used to be. not to the state where you'd leave one club to join another.

hold on a minute, your the one banging on about no atmosphere, and ive given you teams who DO HAVE ATMOSPHERE,.

How te f**k do you know how it used to be Bluto? are you some sort of time traveller?

hold on a minute, your the one banging on about no atmosphere, and ive given you teams who DO HAVE ATMOSPHERE,.

How te f**k do you know how it used to be Bluto? are you some sort of time traveller?

no i'm not a timetravelller but i do know how it used to be cause its well know that stadium atmospheres have changed.

i dont think there is much difference in the atmosphere in the two manchester stadiums for example.

and both are probably quieter now than 20 years ago.

no i'm not a timetravelller but i do know how it used to be cause its well know that stadium atmospheres have changed.

i dont think there is much difference in the atmosphere in the two manchester stadiums for example.

I admit to only being to Eastlands the once, a fairly dire 1-0 Bolton win in the dying seconds, the atmosphere that day was very good indeed. Been to OT 3 times and each time it's been pathetic. Anfield once, also very poor compared to Man City. The best by a long way is St Andrews, and their fans travel well too.

Never been to Emirates myself, but it's legendary status among other fans, even those like Man Utd with no atmosphere themselves speaks volumes I think, unlike the Arsenal crowd :checkit:

and how many times have you been to both grounds in the last 20 years to make this statement or come to this conclusion?

but i think its a myth that wastlands is some sort of footballing inferno.

I claimed no such thing, I merely pointed out that Nasri is right, the Man City fans are more passionate, and mini (shocker here) is totally and utterly wrong, not just about the atmosphere, but also about the percentage of glory hunters in the support.

I admit to only being to Eastlands the once, a fairly dire 1-0 Bolton win in the dying seconds, the atmosphere that day was very good indeed. Been to OT 3 times and each time it's been pathetic. Anfield once, also very poor compared to Man City. The best by a long way is St Andrews, and their fans travel well too.

Never been to Emirates myself, but it's legendary status among other fans, even those like Man Utd with no atmosphere themselves speaks volumes I think, unlike the Arsenal crowd :checkit:

Bluto as normal is posting poop.

in recent years ive been to man u, city, west ham, boro, sunderland, newcastle and I know plenty who have been to liverpool, spurs and everyone have said the atmosphere has been superb and I have to agree.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I had a feeling Bluto would disagree.

Ask Roy Keane about how 'atmospheric' Old Trafford is.

Ask the fans why they sing '1-0 and you still don't sing' who go to Old Trafford.

What Fatshaft said was absolutely spot on.

roberto youre bound to say that as a liverpool fan.

if liverpool had 76k folk at their ground, or 60 as they hope to get with new stadium, i'm pretty sure it will be quieter than it currently is.

plenty of tourists down there already, add in a few more thousand corporates and thats what you'll get.

also fatshaft may not have had a good experiencve at old trafford but i have. i've had poor old traff ones also.

needless to say it depends on which stad your in.

football all across britian has been sanitised and i'm sorry that does include man cvity, liverpool, and united.

so, youre trying to tell me i'm wrong are you?

you think the atmosphere is better now that it was 20 years ago?

I have no clue.

I never attended games 20 years ago in England, however with increased attendances, bigger stadia, then Id say they are probably much and such the same, but thats just a guess, from what ive experienced in the EPL its good.

I claimed no such thing, I merely pointed out that Nasri is right, the Man City fans are more passionate, and mini (shocker here) is totally and utterly wrong, not just about the atmosphere, but also about the percentage of glory hunters in the support.

well call my cinical but i dont think he is moving cause the city fans are so crazy and mental. theyre not. you just notice it more in a more compact maine road compared to the emirates bowl.

i think he is moving for the ever so slight pay rise.

Bluto, just a reminder of what you said

"there arent many grounds these days that are known for their atmosphere"

well IN GENERAL they arent what they used to be.

as a sunderland fan how the stadium or light roar compares with the roker roar?

or a geordie how good the new gollowgate end roar is?

the kop from its heyday in the swinging 60s.

the hampoden roar is of course non existant these days.

I don't say it because I'm a Liverpool fan.

I sometimes criticise the atmosphere at Anfield, so your point is invalid.

I tell it like I see it, or in this case hear it.

Fans don't sing at Old Trafford '1-0 and you still don't sing' for no reason.

well thats a stereotype.

just like, as you admit, the anfield atmosphere can be a stereotype.

there is no doubting old trafford has sufferred for its success, and increase in size.

now a different crowd comes to a bigger stadium and those taht have been there long enough are perhaps complacent and expect 3 points every game.

i've been to some games where the atmosphere was unbelievable and what you'd expect from a huge stadium witha tradionally good support.

but i've also been to quiet games there - which were like a procession.

I cant answer it, as Ive wasnt there 20 years ago or in the 60's.....maybe you were Dr Who...

Were you at Hampden for the Italy game when we lost 2-1 , France win, England play-off? going level with the Spanish?

nowt wrong with the atmosphere at them games.

well thats a stereotype.

just like, as you admit, the anfield atmosphere can be a stereotype.

there is no doubting old trafford has sufferred for its success, and increase in size.

now a different crowd comes to a bigger stadium and those taht have been there long enough are perhaps complacent and expect 3 points every game.

i've been to some games where the atmosphere was unbelievable and what you'd expect from a huge stadium witha tradionally good support.

but i've also been to quiet games there - which were like a procession.

see VDR's response

utter bollocks

I cant answer it, as Ive wasnt there 20 years ago or in the 60's.....maybe you were Dr Who...

Were you at Hampden for the Italy game when we lost 2-1 , France win, England play-off? going level with the Spanish?

nowt wrong with the atmosphere at them games.

hhhmmmm well its well know that modern stadia hasnt helped.

thats all i'm saying.

what are we argiung here?

i'm argiuning that it was better in the old days.

you appear to be arguing that there is still an atmosphere.

different arguments i think.