Coffee

Bluto10

I hate the stuff, it's repulsive. Only drinkable with about 5 spoons of sugar, which sort of defeats the point. Same goes for tea, gads.

Absolutely MincePie min.

It's also a crutch for the feeble of mind.

TopCat says it's hunter gatherers that drink it, while we're sitting back yawning.

Excuse me, I'm doing star jumps of a morning before he's even got the kettle on, or hauled himself to some poofy coffee shop.

I don't need the crutch of hot drinks to meet the day head on. 'Putting the kettle on' is just an excuse for delaying stuff that needs done.

EPK, thats the pluger gadget, that comes in a glass jar.

boiling water and ground, nae instant, coffee. wait 5 minutes. plunge it. drink. then spend 10 minutes cleaning the fucker.

its pretty quick stuff and a lot better than instant.

its filter coffee basically.

Agree. I was doing this when before I got my machine but still use it when there's more than two people wanting coffee.

Still have one at work because the coffee out the machine is laupin'.

Tea is the only hot drink a self respecting geezer will touch with a barge pole. No sugar, either.

Coffee, hot chocolate, cappucino etc :gay:

Rocky drank coffee to stay focussed. :checkit: He certainly aint no homo.

I enjoy a cup of coffee at 4:30pm before I head to the gym.

And where can you regularly get Turkish Coffee from in Aberdeen ?

Without having to go to the Turkish restaurant Nargile.

I purchased Nescafe AZERA and Kenco Millicano instant the other day, with the Kenco being the better,

However, I am very much a novice at coffee variants and am going to show my total ignorance, Bluto mentioned cafetiere, do you just use instant coffee pour it in cafetiere and push the plunger type filter thingy ? or is there more science to it than that.

Get a grip of yourself for fuck sake and send me a PM rather than embarrassing yourself further in this thread.

I have about 5 coffees a day, usually at least two from a Starbucks/Costa type place where I never fail to take the opportunity to flirt with the lucky Barista behind the counter.

Fire some Pro Plus in there occasionally as well if the eyes are extremely heavy.

whats his name?

and ffs sake min, pro plus. are you a student?

Where do you sit your lazy ass as an alternative to a couch?

You'll usually find me cooking up one of Nigella's latests in the kitchen whilst calling Real Radio. Or of a long summer evening i'll be out in the garden showing that fool chiel from Beechgrove Garden how he should really be pruning his roses. Occasionally, i'll be training for my latest iron man attempt.

You'll usually find me cooking up one of Nigella's latests in the kitchen whilst calling Real Radio. Or of a long summer evening i'll be out in the garden showing that fool chiel from Beechgrove Garden how he should really be pruning his roses. Occasionally, i'll be training for my latest iron man attempt.

Fit's the difference between Iron Man and Iron Woman?

One's a superhero, the other's an instruction.

• Upvote 2

Instead o' a buddy being judgemental about others , get judgemental about yersels first , it begins at home.

And the point of entry is fit ye pit in yer mooth ! I drink both tea and coffee but it us important to get it right , I can feel rank if I make the wrong choice. Judgement about what we allow into our digestive systems at any given moment in time is the 'Open sesame' to what could be a magical life for everyone.

Pretty much all coffee tastes the same to me.... you could feed me some 99p Own Brand coffee or the gourmet shit... wouldn't make any difference to me.

If I'm ever at your hoose, offer me a beer or a Jack Daniels... I'm not going to want coffee anyway.

Sunday after kids football - Black Medicine Edinburgh. Large brown Americano.

Weekday mornings - Venti Starbucks filter with splash milk.

Office - Starbucks Via Italian with splash.

Airport - Nero Americano.

Never Costa, pish water.

Started off well before dying a miserable, pox-ridden death.

Starbucks is just awful. I hate everything they do. Costa and Nero are just as bad.

As for me, the best coffee (and ice cream) near me comes from a small Italian gelateria that's roughly 7 - 8 mins walk from my house. Espresso macchiato from there is extremely good.

Do you lot have a Tinderbox up there? I used to enjoy their coffee but no idea what the standard is like now.

Notable mentions are the humble Spanish "cortado" and "bon bon".

Pretty much all coffee tastes the same to me.... you could feed me some 99p Own Brand coffee or the gourmet shit... wouldn't make any difference to me.

thats cause youre american.

america either does stuff really well, like size and beer, or stuff really badly like cities and coffee.

As for me, the best coffee (and ice cream) near me comes from a small Italian gelateria that's roughly 7 - 8 mins walk from my house. Espresso macchiato from there is extremely good.

Do you lot have a Tinderbox up there? I used to enjoy their coffee but no idea what the standard is like now.

dyou get coffee shops/cafes in glasgow?

Normally have some instant coffee in the house like Nescafe or Kenco and it's just as good to me as any Americano you get in a cafe or coffee shop. An espresso is good though, obviously can't do that at home unless you've got a machine. Remember having an espresso on holiday in Italy when I was about 15 and getting some kick off that, now it has virtually no effect on me but I do like the taste.

i stole a big mug from starbucks years ago and i use this every day for my coffee

only problem is, i have maybe 5 cups a day and these are biiiig cups

whats the downside to too much caffeine?

this mixed with my caffeine tablets, seem to be resulting in my waking up with my eyes puffy as hell

as for coffee machines...anyone recommend any?

Puffy eyes and delusional thoughts.

Try a can of this. EDIT: In fact knock yourself out and have a few.

Red Bull supercan