Coffee

Bluto10

• 1 year later...

Is it justifiable to pay a premium price for a coffee machine, or is a kettle and some fancy instant coffee good enough.

Bought a belter off eBay for my wife's birthday. Well, I think it's good, but I wouldn't know because I don't drink the stuff. You put beans in the top one side, water the other side and it makes coffee. Amazing. Also does something funny with milk. Oh, and they are expensive. About 600 notes for a decent one I think.

Is it justifiable to pay a premium price for a coffee machine, or is a kettle and some fancy instant coffee good enough.

I'd say pay for the machine. If you're a coffee drinker, a really good cup of coffee is hard to beat.

And to answer the OP, quad venti skinny latte when im in Starbucks. At work or home, it's something fairly strong but not bitter, ground and dripped. With a big splash of cream (18% MF cream -- not milk). :sheepdance:

instant coffee is worth avoiding at all costs.

if you enjoy coffee at home then why not invest in something to give you the taste you desire. even a cafetiere is better than instant and they cost pennies.

i have a gaggia classic. gets used twice a day and three times on weekends. money well sopent for a nice brew.

I only drink coffee rarely, when abroad or very occasionally in a cafe or restaurant. Espresso is my only preference, double usually, plenty of sugar, no milk or cream. If Jimmy Quentin was making it however, and it wasn't the shit that Bonnie buys, I would have one of his. The wolf's reaction suggests that it would be worth it.

i always pictured you as more like zed or maynard.

i stole a big mug from starbucks years ago and i use this every day for my coffee

only problem is, i have maybe 5 cups a day and these are biiiig cups

whats the downside to too much caffeine?

this mixed with my caffeine tablets, seem to be resulting in my waking up with my eyes puffy as hell

as for coffee machines...anyone recommend any?

not sure what the side effects are, but I have shit loads of caffeine in a day, between cups of tea, supplements and cans of Monster in the gym. Done me no harm so far though :crossfingers:

not sure what the side effects are, but I have shit loads of caffeine in a day, between cups of tea, supplements and cans of Monster in the gym. Done me no harm so far though :crossfingers:

so you think.

cut that rubbish out and you will not only feel better but you'll also be a hell of a lot healthier.

Coffee is for the sophisticated and rugged man. For the man who's life demands he be sharp as a needle from the get-go in the morning. For the present days hunter-gatherers, if you will.

Coffee drinkers are out solving problems and saving mankind before non-coffee drinkers have even had a big stretch and a sleepy yawn.

Dinnae even get me started on those that drink decaff :nono:

A normal black coffee, an espresso or a turkish coffee for me.

And where can you regularly get Turkish Coffee from in Aberdeen ?

Without having to go to the Turkish restaurant Nargile.

I purchased Nescafe AZERA and Kenco Millicano instant the other day, with the Kenco being the better,

However, I am very much a novice at coffee variants and am going to show my total ignorance, Bluto mentioned cafetiere, do you just use instant coffee pour it in cafetiere and push the plunger type filter thingy ? or is there more science to it than that.

I purchased Nescafe AZERA and Kenco Millicano instant the other day, with the Kenco being the better,

However, I am very much a novice at coffee variants and am going to show my total ignorance, Bluto mentioned cafetiere, do you just use instant coffee pour it in cafetiere and push the plunger type filter thingy ? or is there more science to it than that.

No idea where you get it in Aberdeen sorry!

Its ground coffee you use with a cafetiere, not the instant stuff. You'll notice a difference.

As for me, white with one. Drinking millicano at home at the mo, but like the nescafe alta rica stuff as well. Like the costa flat white, just doesnt come in a big enough cup for me.

EPK, thats the pluger gadget, that comes in a glass jar.

boiling water and ground, nae instant, coffee. wait 5 minutes. plunge it. drink. then spend 10 minutes cleaning the fucker.

its pretty quick stuff and a lot better than instant.

its filter coffee basically.