Coffee

Bluto10

Started off well before dying a miserable, pox-ridden death.

Starbucks is just awful. I hate everything they do. Costa and Nero are just as bad.

As for me, the best coffee (and ice cream) near me comes from a small Italian gelateria that's roughly 7 - 8 mins walk from my house. Espresso macchiato from there is extremely good.

Do you lot have a Tinderbox up there? I used to enjoy their coffee but no idea what the standard is like now.

Notable mentions are the humble Spanish "cortado" and "bon bon".

I went to Tinderbox on Byres Road for the first time a couple of weeks ago, since I am a tea man, I can comment on the quality of the coffee. I had a canolli, like Tony Soprano :checkit: However, what I will say is

Sunday after kids football - Black Medicine Edinburgh. Large brown Americano.

Weekday mornings - Venti Starbucks filter with splash milk.

Office - Starbucks Via Italian with splash.

Airport - Nero Americano.

Never Costa, pish water.

I can recommend the Elephant House on George IV bridge... I worked there for about 3 years while studying in Edinburgh. Back then the coffee was superb!

thats cause youre american.

I'm Scotch-American :thumbs:

america either does stuff really well, like size and beer, or stuff really badly like cities and coffee.

American beer is atrocious. It's either pisswater or so thick you could stand a spoon in it.

You know there are better things you could be doing with it, right? :rolleyes:

The coffee, my knob or my night-shifts in general?

If you're suggesting a workout for my knob, give me a shout the next time you're on your travels, if you're near my house I'll oblige. Give me plenty warning though, the wife might not be too keen.

Coffee is the universal drink of the feel. I dinna touch it, and I secretly think people who do so on a daily basis are weak minded bottom feeders.

I don't mind a double espresso or a liqueur coffee after a 3/4/5 course meal, but these cunts who ''simply can't function without their coffee'' and waft around the office with their starbucks/costa cups in their hands as if they are pertinent to their very survival piss me right off.

• Upvote 3

Coffee is the universal drink of the feel. I dinna touch it, and I secretly think people who do so on a daily basis are weak minded bottom feeders.

I don't mind a double espresso or a liqueur coffee after a 3/4/5 course meal, but these cunts who ''simply can't function without their coffee'' and waft around the office with their starbucks/costa cups in their hands as if they are pertinent to their very survival piss me right off.

You think away Big Man. You're wrong in your thinking but think away anyway.

The second paragraph is far more accurate so you've pulled it back from the abyss.

How's that Cullen Report reading coming along? It's incredible isn't it?

• 2 months later...

Agree with Big Man.

Hot drinks in general are for the feeble of mind.

A sign of weakness.

See those folk who go about cradling the cup with both hands, and sipping on it incessantly?

They're clearly:

1. Cold. Why else would you be cradling the cup like that unless both your hands were cold. Pathetic.

2. Unhealthy. Poor circulation is caused by poor diet and lack of exercise. Again, pathetic.

3. Tired. Why else would you be drinking four cups of coffee before you bother your arse to lift a finger in the graft department.

It all adds up to feelness on a grand scale.

• Upvote 3

Agree with Big Man.

A sign of weakness.

See those folk who go about cradling the cup with both hands, and sipping on it incessantly?

They're clearly:

1. Cold. Why else would you be cradling the cup like that unless both your hands were cold. Pathetic.

2. Unhealthy. Poor circulation is caused by poor diet and lack of exercise. Again, pathetic.

3. Tired. Why else would you be drinking four cups of coffee before you bother your arse to lift a finger in the graft department.

Well said Chief :applause:

Agree with Big Man.

A sign of weakness.

They're clearly:

It was number 1 for me this morning when I stopped in Nairn for a pish. I was wide awake and fit as fuck.

Coffee to go on route to airport and I was fucking freezing.

It was number 1 for me this morning when I stopped in Nairn for a pish. I was wide awake and fit as fuck.

Coffee to go on route to airport and I was fucking freezing.

Well it's understandable you'd need a coffee to cope with the terror of driving that insane stretch of death trap masquerading as main road between Fochabers and Nairn.

Especially in this weather.