Aberdeen Aberdeen

Ke1t

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you wonder why?

See Rangers 3-2 game when we were up 2-0. I made a massive post about my reasons for turning my back.

Atmosphere is f**king horrible.

Our fans are f**king sh*t when it comes to an atmosphere, more concerned about threads directed at laughing at other teams in the league, when infact the joke is on us because our fans, our team and our chairman are a joke.

Do you go to football to be entertained by the crowd or the game?

I think most go to be entertained by the game.

When the games aren't entertaining (which has now been the case for about 3 seasons running) the numbers dwindle and the atmosphere worsens.

I find it daft that anyone suggests they don't go to Pittodrie anymore because of a dire crowd rather than a dire product on the pitch.

It's a bit of both. If you had read my post in that thread all those months ago, you'd know why I didn't go - and you wouldn't JUST ASSUME that it's down to the crowd, the crowd is a part of it, the football is the other.

How do you expect to play on a football pitch AT HOME if you aren't getting the backing. Aberdeen went 2-0 up against Rangers that day, and there was nothing - it was absolutely awful.

Our fans are f**king terrible.

Anyways, in future - don't just assume.

Glad to see Irony isn't lost on you.

You are annoyed at the fact that the supporters AREN'T backing your team, so you've decided to.....just not go? therefore adding to the already dwindling backing of the team. :confused: :sherlock::spanner:

I think we should have a choreographed singalong, scarves aloft, emotions cracking, voices wavering, something with a local flavour.

Maybe 'Donald (Trump), where's yer troosers?' sung by Robbie Shepherd or something along those lines.

We could delay the kick-off for it by a few seconds whilst we drown ourselves in a sea of pointless emotion.

Or maybe not. It's not in our nature to sing, and shout. So f**k it I say.

Atmosphere at Dundee United in 95 or whatever when we had to win, one of the best atmospheres I've ever been involved in.

Copenhagen UEFA Cup, what a night and the crowd were amazing.

Bayern Munich, crowd were amazing.

The crowd has been superb and very vocal in the past at many games including sh*t teams like Hibs.

Nowadays, pfffft - sh*t fans.

If you think that's possible every game, you're delusional.

All clubs are the same. Something to play for = atmosphere.

We're in a tailspin because of huffy EPL loving spoilt brats with your attitude. Nothing would be good enough.

Get along and support the Dons and to f**k with Liverpool.

Atmosphere at Dundee United in 95 or whatever when we had to win, one of the best atmospheres I've ever been involved in.

The crowd has been superb and very vocal in the past at many games including sh*t teams like Hibs.

each of these games have one thing in common. We had something to play for!!

There is nothing to sing about with Aberdeen recently. The Copenhagen & Bayern Munich game aside, we've had NOTHING to get excited about in years.

In 1995, at least we had a decent team that had some spirit about it, plus we'd not been through 15 years of absolute dross at that stage.

sh*te team breeds sh*te fans. In fact, it's not even the sh*te team, it's the manner in which each of our team has just laid down and taken the beatings!! We've got no spirit and no fight at Aberdeen.

I call them sh*t all the time, I've had many fall outs at Pittodrie due to calling them sh*te, and not getting behind the team, most notably when we played Hamilton.

So if you would like to sit near me, then fair enough bertie big bollocks, I'd quite happily call you a sh*t fan rather than hiding behind 'the crowd'.

I don't really think you have the right to call any fan sh*t when they are attending games and you don't. Just as I don't.

What I see is a board who have treated fans like sh*t for over a decade now, a board who have sucked the life out of our fans base over the last 5 seasons.

the fans are not the problem. The board and on a larger scale, scottish football as a whole is to blame.

It's a bit of both. If you had read my post in that thread all those months ago, you'd know why I didn't go - and you wouldn't JUST ASSUME that it's down to the crowd, the crowd is a part of it, the football is the other.

How do you expect to play on a football pitch AT HOME if you aren't getting the backing. Aberdeen went 2-0 up against Rangers that day, and there was nothing - it was absolutely awful.

You've lost it! Nothing? The whole stadium was bouncing. No nail biting finish, but celebrating til the final whistle because there was the belief that we'd won after that goal went in.

Your other points about Copenhagen and Bayern and Utd (although I'm to young to remember it (but I was there)) are irrelevant. Sell outs. Big games. Games where there is automatically an atmosphere. A certain buzz.

Mentioned this in a thread after the hibs away game, our fan base is full of mongs these days.

Some of the songs i heard that day just made me cringe, i cant believe we have so many rejects in our support.

Its depressing, no wonder folk dont want to go to games when you have to sit next to f**king numpties like that.

Start of the season, there is something to play for.

One of our biggest rivals (or so we say), Celtic and there was no atmosphere.

I don't think it's possible at EVERY game, but in our big games when we call a team our rivals I expect a bit of a fortress.

No team is scared coming to Pittodrie anymore, just ask Raith Rovers that. No noise, no atmosphere, no teams are scared of playing us.

Celtic may be one of our most hated rivals but when we play them we usually get our arses torn up so can you really blame fans for a lack of atmosphere at those games?

you take away something for a team to play for and you will lose the atmosphere at the ground.

I haven't made one assumption. I said it was a bit rich that someone who has turned their back on going to games can criticise the manner in which anyone else supports while at a game. There is no assumption in that, I know you don't go to games.

Maybe all the "good" fans thought the same as you.

It is very much a give and take process between team and fans.

What kind of thought process do you go through to choosing not to back the team yourself but criticising the manner in which others choose to back the team?

Celtic may be one of our most hated rivals but when we play them we usually get our arses torn up so can you really blame fans for a lack of atmosphere at those games?

you take away something for a team to play for and you will lose the atmosphere at the ground.

I think the other issue is that we're playing the same sides week in, week out. 4-6 times a season. Last season we played Celtic 6 times!! It gets boring.

I think the other issue is that we're playing the same sides week in, week out. 4-6 times a season. Last season we played Celtic 6 times!! It gets boring.

It wouldn;t be boring if we were competing for something. In Scottish football we all know that there isn't much hope of success before a ball is kicked. No doubt I'll be labelled with a loser attitude for that comment.

All I can say is I'm for from having that mind set when I play the game myself.