Wine

The Boofon

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my ex wife has used them in the past. Pretty sure we got some nice organic from them. I drink organic all the time now. Discovered it was the sulphates that was causing the sore heads. Minimal Hangovers now.

It was your ex that put me onto them. ;)

I'm kidding. Sorry couldn't resist.

They do some cracking wines and are well worth using.

Did you read yesterday about celebrities who are producing their own wine?

Like AC/DC( Angus is the 15th richest person living in the Netherlands )

Like Cliff Richard

Like the Rolling Stones

F u c k 'em!

Have they not made enough money already.

A must to avoid.

earlier this year had a long weeeknd camping in champagne.

the place was also a wine wholesaler. so picked up a few cases. :cool:

but that type of retail isnt really available where i am or in the u.k. a few new independant local wine shops but no local producers.

go local. or drive there and pick it up yourself. cuts out the middle monkey.

No I don't as I like a wine. I do believe most would not be able to tell the difference between an expensive bottle and a cheapish bottle though.

I never asked you.

Not going all wine snobbery at all but I reckon I'd be able to tell the difference between a cheap and an expensive.

However in saying that a cheap wine doesn't necessarily make it piss poor so it's something that you cannot really compare. I've tasted an expensive wine and thought it to be rank rotten.

I'd probably not buy a bottle of wine for a fiver but if I happened to have one at hand and it tasted fine then I'd buy it.

Naked Wines is good in that you can get to see what other people think. If it's thumbs up from 94% of people who have bought it it's worth a pop. If it's got a load of reviews saying it's gash then I wouldn't try it.

If I'm buying normally I'll either buy one I know or take a chance as you can discover some cracking wines that way. I won't take a chance on a wine if a load of people have already said it's pishwater.

is this websit, and others like them, the oz clarke equivalent of britannia books?

i.e. sign up for a year and get a few bottles delivered every month?

or is it just like amazon wines where you buy and order when needed?

surely delivery costs of a crate of wine would be quite high?

Slurped! a rather nice Rioja(13.5% , Laithwaites) last night , not a type I normally enjoy that much.

I think so much more depends on the appreciation of wine , or anything else for that matter , other than the effects on our tastebuds...or other devices of sensory perception.

I think that Time and Space come into it

ie latitude and longitude and where the hands are on the clock

aka time and place

Also what you have had to eat before or during consumption and who you are with at the time.

This is why sometimes the same bottle of wine can give a widely different experience.

I noticed this in my beer-drinking days also.....the same pint was not always the same enjoyable experience.

It's diverse.....maaan!

is this websit, and others like them, the oz clarke equivalent of britannia books?

It's a 6 bottle minimum purchase. Goes up in batches of 6 so you either buy 6, 12, 18 and so on. You can buy as often or as little as you want.

Free delivery if you spend above 100 notes I think.

Aye , I wanted the Feral Fox wine so much I peyed

so if i shell out 40quid of my hard earned noted for 6 bottles of vintage, i'll have to cough up 15 quid for delivery?

i suppose 15 quid for the weight of 6 bottles aint too bad.

and if its free over 100, then nae bad.

It's only a fiver delivery today and they have a 50 quid off voucher system on the go at the moment if you spend 89.99 and above. :thumbs:

50 quid off.