A New Signing To Come.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just think waiting this long is bad management

the argument seems to be "we dont need to buy someone before august 31st...we cant pay fees anyway, so frees are available all year round".

thing is, we want to finish as high up the league as possible, so if we had our strongest team available from start of season, we'd be in a much better position

if brown is indeed holding off to try and pull off a masterstroke like mcfadden, then ill accept it

Totally agree. Any half decent players who are realistic targets for us won't be club-less well into the season, and if they are, why haven't we made a move already??

No, as we have a full quota in central midfield.

The depress has the banner headline "Dons target fresh faces" so clearly they think we are after more than one.

I'm not sure that Brown realises the areas we are short in.

If he did he would have had this addressed by the start of the season.

I'm not sure that Brown realises the areas we are short in.

If he did he would have had this addressed by the start of the season.

Can i just throw into the mix here that players who during the window are outwith our reach in terms of wages etc become within our budget if the window is shut as they become prepared to take a wage cut as nobody wanted them during window.

In other words a guy on 10K per week left unattached may become available for 5K per week

This would allow Brown to bring better quality player into the side.

I see inside the EE Browns calling for Aluko to get back in touch and going on about the respect he has for him blah blah blah.

FUCK RIGHT OFF

HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR US

Excuses of home sickness, fucks off to Italy for trials (not just with Juvi)

Did fuck all for 2 seasons bar collect his wage with his fat bottom lip tripping him up

Utter shite 90% of the time

Doesnt want to be here, suppose that would fit in with the captains mentality though

I cant believe its so desperate we need to beg players that dont want to play for us to come back and talk

I see inside the EE Browns calling for Aluko to get back in touch and going on about the respect he has for him blah blah blah.

FUCK RIGHT OFF

HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR US

Did fuck all for 2 seasons bar collect his wage with his fat bottom lip tripping him up

Doesnt want to be here, suppose that would fit in with the captains mentality though

I cant believe its so desperate we need to beg players that dont want to play for us to come back and talk

Desperation. Making yourself look silly Brown.

FUCK RIGHT OFF

HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR US

I've been concerned this may happen.

GTF with that idea.

That would be taking the piss once too often.

i just think waiting this long is bad management

the argument seems to be "we dont need to buy someone before august 31st...we cant pay fees anyway, so frees are available all year round".

thing is, we want to finish as high up the league as possible, so if we had our strongest team available from start of season, we'd be in a much better position

if brown is indeed holding off to try and pull off a masterstroke like mcfadden, then ill accept it

Pretty much where I am now too. I'm not sure why we didn't secure a few more players in key positions earlier and yet we seem to have the money now to look at freebies? I'm not sure a masterstroke is coming either and tbh signing decent players in the postitions that are very weak would be just as significant as bringing in 1 marque type big name. A balanced team would be great particularly with the CM we now have.

Can i just throw into the mix here that players who during the window are outwith our reach in terms of wages etc become within our budget if the window is shut as they become prepared to take a wage cut as nobody wanted them during window.

In other words a guy on 10K per week left unattached may become available for 5K per week

You can certainly throw it in the mix. Its a fair point but not quite enough to justify where we now are IMO. There's being a bit canny before rushing in and then there's just failing to use the budget effectively.

FUCK RIGHT OFF

HE HAS NO RESPECT FOR US

I know what your saying Spam. Aluko has made his decision.

I just wonder if this is the club being prudent as right now Aluko is still worth 200k to us potentially.

Cannot think of ANY other reason.

1 thing i will say is while Broon appears like the kind old man in this things, i think he can be fairly ruthless when needs. If he offered Aluko a chance to come back it'd be on Brown's terms.

Check his handling of the Diamond situation for that one.

Indeed Sean.

People : on Sone Aluko and Mr Brown's messgae to him I will say this - AFC aren't good enough anymore to take that sort of stance. If Aluko is up for making friends and coming back then we must take the opportunity.

Wise up, we'd be a better team with him as he has more skill in his little pinky than most SPL footballers.

I certainly think Brown is smarter than he's showing himself to be at the moment.

Aluko is blatantly not interested so I'd certainly hope to be no more than paper talk or quotes taken out of context.

If he gets the key positions filled then we've got potentially a decent team and I think he's right not to gob off naming targets - however we need to get these targets signed up pronto rather than skirt around the issue.

C'mon Broonser, sort it out!

We're about 2 months into the season. How long should we have to wait to get key positions filled?

Indeed Sean.

People : on Sone Aluko and Mr Brown's messgae to him I will say this - AFC aren't good enough anymore to take that sort of stance. If Aluko is up for making friends and coming back then we must take the opportunity.Wise up, we'd be a better team with him as he has more skill in his little pinky than most SPL footballers.

No, we shouldn't. He is out of contract and does not want to be here and his "talent" is witnessed only fleetingly.

Fuck him. AFC's boat should have sailed for this workshy prick a long time ago.

No, we shouldn't. He is out of contract and does not want to be here and his "talent" is witnessed only fleetingly.

100% agree.

Ollie I've asked you on another thread but can you sort your signature photo as the boy bottom left only having half a body is breaking my heart.

You must not like him.

100% agree.

Ollie I've asked you on another thread but can you sort your signature photo as the boy bottom left only having half a body is breaking my heart.

You must not like him.

Ha ha, poor wee Alastair. I couldna lean back on the Main Stand wall ony further!

He's a good wee lad, a crackin' player and just snapped up from under DUFC's noses (insert laughing tangerine smiley)

So Ally, if you're reading wee man, sorry, nae offence meant :thumbs:

Yes, he used his contacts to get him fixed up at Oldham. He didn't need to but he did. He's just such a nice bloke.

A real nice bloke.

SCOTLAND coach Craig Brown sang sectarian songs of hate, we can reveal.

National team boss Brown belted out the anti-Catholic football chant The Billy Boys.

And he also included foul-mouthed references to Celtic while bellowing the Rangers tune Follow Follow.

We're about 2 months into the season. How long should we have to wait to get key positions filled?

Seems fair.

Too many Aluko lovers will not have seen him many times if they are

of the opinion that his handful of decentish games warrants a contract offer

now that he's finding he's unwanted.

Spot on.

Ach, yer right.

We'll just stick Folly on the left wing.

Aye. Aluko being the only left-sided winger midfielder that has been available for the past few months in the whole wide world.

We shouldn't do that either.

How's about old Craigy gets his finger oot and sources an alternative that would

1) Be a wide left midfielder

2) Want to be here

3) Be professional and have a good work ethic

Spot on. Again.

SCOTLAND coach Craig Brown sang sectarian songs of hate, we can reveal.

National team boss Brown belted out the anti-Catholic football chant The Billy Boys.

And he also included foul-mouthed references to Celtic while bellowing the Rangers tune Follow Follow

Sensational bullshit from the NotW if I recall - he sang it down the phone for a laugh to one of his birdies (had a few on the go?!) after a few beers - it was hardly Donald Findlay on the mic.