St Johnstone Job

May as well start a thread about it now cos it'll certainly be rumoured.

Just thought I'd get my rumour started before Jimmy himself does (try n steal his thunder if you like) Also thought it more fitting for this section but feel free to move it to the rumour section if you like for the time being Mods :dontknow:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/140314-who-the-is-derek-mcinnes/

That thread made me laugh. Typical English football fans, heads so far up their own arses their licking their own tonsils. Some of them at least are willing to give him a chance. Surprised they are so negative about him considering the job Coyle did for Burnley.

Amazing, and yet not at the same time. The average English football fan is indeed thick as fuck, believes every bit of nype spewed about their leagues, and generally has no clue whatsoever about anything outside their borders.

Good to see a thread about the Tango man has only mentioned the fat weegie cu*t twice....Has Millertimes Mummy put the parental lock on?

LoL

Calderwood will not get the St Johnstone job. Geoff Brown is far too canny for that. I'd expect a young manager from a lower league team, an upcoming coach with no managerial experience or possibly even an experienced player like Jody Morris having a crack at it.

Depends when his contract ends with us. Tbh i thought Summer.

Razor, in the politest possible way, WTF are you on about?

How does Aluko's contract affect his registration and any fee's due? Clearly his contract has ended already.

LoL

Calderwood will not get the St Johnstone job. Geoff Brown is far too canny for that. I'd expect a young manager from a lower league team, an upcoming coach with no managerial experience or possibly even an experienced player like Jody Morris having a crack at it.

Razor, in the politest possible way, WTF are you on about?

How does Aluko's contract affect his registration and any fee's due? Clearly his contract has ended already.

Sitting 5th in the league, 4pts off 2nd place.

They will NOT go for inexperienced manager at this time imo. (not fact like, just IMO)

I think they will give an experienced manager a contract til end of of season & can afford to cos they'll have a good compo pay out from City.

JC would be a good choice for them

Sitting 5th in the league, 4pts off 2nd place.

They will NOT go for inexperienced manager at this time imo. (not fact like, just IMO)

I think they will give an experienced manager a contract til end of of season & can afford to cos they'll have a good compo pay out from City.

JC would be a good choice for them

Totally at the other end of the scale from you on this one.

And no, think JC would be terrible for such a carefully run club, with a team painstakingly built from a modest budget.

Reason I think Brown will go for someone relatively inexperienced and outside the usual shortlist of SPL candidates is simply - this has been his modus operandi for the last 2 appointments and has worked well. He will be looking for a manager desperate to prove himself first and then move on to bigger things, not some egotistical clusterfck who puts himself before the team or his employers.

Totally at the other end of the scale from you on this one.

And no, think JC would be terrible for such a carefully run club, with a team painstakingly built from a modest budget.

Reason I think Brown will go for someone relatively inexperienced and outside the usual shortlist of SPL candidates is simply - this has been his modus operandi for the last 2 appointments and has worked well. He will be looking for a manager desperate to prove himself first and then move on to bigger things, not some egotistical clusterfck who puts himself before the team or his employers.

He wasn't in the SPL when he appointed any of the last two managers :dontknow:

Different scenario altogether now, as they are already up there & look to stay there & push on.

Given they'd have got a similar cushy pay out for Coyle, surely they'd keep going the way the route they've been going down?

Get a young, hungry manager who can work well on a budget wants to launch his career in England down the line and make the club a bit of wonga when they move on.

That's the very opposite of Calderwood IMO.

I agree it is the cheaper option but it's a risky one to take now for them (for reasons in post above yours) & can they be lucky/good for a third time in a row?

Paul Hartley (former player & hero) cutting his teeth in management is also a reasonable option for them but I'd still say they will be more inclined to go for experience (for the time being) to see out the season.

Just my opinion really, in no way saying it WILL be but it makes sense to me given their current status.

Dunno if it's even that it's the cheaper option, but a few hundred k each for their last two managers is far preferable to getting the square route of zip for a Calderwood or a Jefferies down the line.

Also think a small club punching above their weight as they are wpould be me inclined to take a punt on a younger manager now, whereas if they were where Inverness are then they could get a Calderwood in to steady things.

Wait and see I suppose, but I'd be amazed if they went for one of the usual types.

Actually forgot about him :itch-chin: Another plausible option actually.

More or less guarantee SPL safety & consistency :dontknow:

Derek Adams maybe, given where Ross County are sitting?

Paul Sheerin has done well at Arbroath too, but that would be a big gamble.

I thought of him too. Think it is a great job for whoever takes over, and don't think they will be short of applicants for it. I personally think they will stick with the approach they took with their last 2 appointments.

Anyone got any idea how much money they received in compensation for McInnes?