St Johnstone Job

I hadn't thought of it like that.

Gut still says they'll go for a similar type of appointment but I guess we'll find out soon enough. Can't say I'm bothered too much either way.

To be honest I'm not bothered either but I would be interested if Jimmy got the gig.

It would be a good gauge of his level & how 'good' he is.

He done well with Pars (but left them in the shite cos over over spending & no youth policy)

He done well with us (but then stagnated in all honesty)

Arguably done well with Killie in that he kept them up but they couldn't afford to keep him (or maybe his spending hopes/plans)

Same as above for Ross Co

St's would be a good team for us to really judge him on whether he's really the great manager that some think, or an average manager that others think, or an over spending poor manager that others think.

Put it this way, if he goes to them & they stay as they are now (he's on a Par with their previous managers :dontknow: ) He takes them onwards & upwards & strengthens them then he's proving some doubters wrong. He brings them down & leaves them in the shite, then he's proved his doubters right.

I'd like to see him getting the gig out of sheer curiousity & nothing more really. Not to help or hinder one of our rivals.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If St Johnstone have any ambitions about achieving top 6 every year then James Calderwood is their man!

:hysterical: with a budget of almost zero aye?! if that clown took over they'd scrape 11th and he'd quit at the end of the season claiming working under such stringent limits is hindering his glowing reputation in holland and he did all he could.

Has Jim Jeffries been linked yet?

Favourites are Gary Bollan, Davie Weir, Jody Morris, Alec Cleland, Graeme Jones and Paul Sheerin.

Notable that their recent appointments have been rookie managers like Owen Coyle, Billy Stark and Derek McInnes so my money would be on Geoff Brown steering clear of the likes of Jefferies and Calderwood and going for one from the above list.

Favourites are Gary Bollan, Davie Weir, Jody Morris, Alec Cleland, Graeme Jones and Paul Sheerin.

Notable that their recent appointments have been rookie managers like Owen Coyle, Billy Stark and Derek McInnes so my money would be on Geoff Brown steering clear of the likes of Jefferies and Calderwood and going for one from the above list.

I'd like to see him given a crack at it.

Bollan, Davie Weir and Cleland and I would be hoping for them to crash and burn!!

Derek Adams maybe, given where Ross County are sitting?

Paul Sheerin has done well at Arbroath too, but that would be a big gamble.

Shout Harcus - i'd like to see if Adams can do it at SPL level, as his move to Hibees following a very successful 1st spell at County was a strange one to say the least.

If he can prove himself he could be a contender for Aberdeen post Brown, amongst others.

Bloody, hell, I don't say much on this forum - but with Jimmy, we were a top six team every season bar 1. I would take that compared to where we are now which is again the laughing stock of Scottish footlball.

I am from the central belt and I can't stand people saying Murderwell are a top six team and we are not but over the last few years (Since we got rid of Jimmy) that's what's happened !!!

Good God!!!....I wouldn't trust the perma tanned Hun C*nt to run a bath never mind a SPL team ever again

My rant was based on this reply - Yes he signed some f*ds, but seriously, we were a top six team, we got in to position where Rangers actually hated coming to Pittordrie (quote from my h*n friends) ....

I think what he's getting at is that coming out with hingmy nonsense like you are, its a good thing you don't post on here too often.

We already have a resident hingmy fluffer.

I don't think I said anything that was 'nonsense'.

1. He signed some duds - check

2. He achieved top six all seasons bar 1 - check

What was non-sense about it ?

Looking further, he stopped Killie getting relegated ....

At the time, I was in the camp of get rid of Jimmy but now after the dust has settled I actually regret my stance to a certain degree. I am sure my view would have been different had Mark McGhee been successful?

I don't think I said anything that was 'nonsense'.

1. He signed some duds - check

2. He achieved top six all seasons bar 1 - chec

What was non-sense about it ?

Looking further, he stopped Killie getting relegated ....

At the time, I was in the camp of get rid of Jimmy but now after the dust has settled I actually regret my stance to a certain degree. I am sure my view would have been different had Mark McGhee been successful?

Actually i'd like to revoke my comment, Hamilton being so toothless stopped Killie getting relegated.