Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

Anybody ever bought/owned a pizza oven?

Outdoor like not an industrial job

No, I've looked at them seriously but a) the weather here is normally shite and b) I spent about a week making a pizza fae scratch and figured I couldn't be assed doing it more than once a year and it therefore wasn't worth the investment.

This is what I'd probably go for however.

https://uk.ooni.com/products/uuni-3?gclid=CjwKCAjwwdTbBRAIEiwAYQf_E5TfxtFiQ79Uta5LEd7yxLKmv0uK4tJPJjuoqsnNkcXttu6VHEHNOxoCP98QAvD_BwE

A metal one or home made brick?

What brand is it? Looking but getting loads of mixed reviews.

Just a metal one. My dad gave me it for my birthday last year. Think its a Tesco one. Nothing fancy but makes unbelievable pizzas. We had some folk found a few weeks ago and the Mrs put 5 or 6 home made pizzas in. Everyone agreed they were up there and they didnt last long.

Only started reading them about 18 months ago . Thing that got me was how you could see how Rankin was evolving ,as each book went on,with not only his writing skills but the actual stories themselves .

Always got Ken Stott in my head as Rebus when Im reading them .

Remember they originally made the tv programmes with John Hannah. He was never fucking Rebus.

Only started reading them about 18 months ago . Thing that got me was how you could see how Rankin was evolving ,as each book went on,with not only his writing skills but the actual stories themselves .

From the outset I always had Ken Stott in my head when reading the Rebus novels after he did The Vice.

How the fuck anyone could have cast John Hannah and that total munter as Siobhan in the first TV series is beyond comprehension.

Same with Harry Bosch on Amazon, no way does Titus Welliver come close to the image I have for Harry when reading the books.

Remember they originally made the tv programmes with John Hannah. He was never fucking Rebus.

From the outset I always had Ken Stott in my head when reading the Rebus novels after he did The Vice.

How the fuck anyone could have cast John Hannah and that total munter as Siobhan in the first TV series is beyond comprehension.

Same with Harry Bosch on Amazon, no way does Titus Welliver come close to the image I have for Harry when reading the books.

All of that!! John Hannah is way too wet to play an ex-military old school detective. Horrendous TV producers trying to use Hannah’s popularity at the time to ensure it was a success. Ken Stott perfect for the role although Peter Mullan could’ve pulled it off well?