Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

3 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

No idea,  only had an acoustic before. I'll just fuck about with the dials and see what happens,  get some whammy bar action going. 

20210225-230946.jpg

I got one of these mini amps a few months ago, good if you are just messing around. About £40 and runs off a 9v battery. 

8 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

s-l1600.jpg

This is the amp I've got, nae that I play these days. 

Quality amp, 80watt? I had a 100w version when I was a youg loun saved up my pennies was about £400 at the time. Rarely got above level three. Used to get boys on the circuit with full blown Marshall stacks, lucky if you could turn them on without cracking windows. Fuck me your playing the Malt Mill nae Wembley Stadium.

2 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Disgrace the Malt Mill shit down under those circumstances. Some good nights in there.

Sub-human scum living on that street complaining about noise from a bar that was there when they moved in.

Never got why people complained about noise from a bar - dont buy a house next to a bar if you dont like the noise. 

5 hours ago, Dad said:

What sort of sweet music came out of that amp in its glory days RF son?

EastEnders theme song and suchlike?

Bit of everything to be honest. 

Offspring, Sum41, Ok Go, Hendrix, Undertones, Nirvana, Travis, RHCP, blues, country, prog rock. Used to learn a load of random stuff off of guitar tab online when everything was free on the internet. 

Was pretty good technically got level 5 whatever the fuck it is picking up module music in 6th year for a laugh. However my rhythm is shite and I think I’m tone deaf so nae chance of being a musician.

Jamming the blues with my 70 year old music teacher turn about soloing probably the highlight. 

4 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

Disgrace the Malt Mill shit down under those circumstances. Some good nights in there.

Sub-human scum living on that street complaining about noise from a bar that was there when they moved in.

Just now, dazzy_deff said:

Never got why people complained about noise from a bar - dont buy a house next to a bar if you dont like the noise. 

Yeah fucking scandal. All these politician and councillor cunts who go on about protecting various groups rights but don’t give a fuck about culture. 

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Sums ACC up that they not only listened to those complaints and didnt counter them with the obvious argument we’ve both stated, they then effectively shut the bar down and killed off an already dying/dead local music scene. 

Disgraceful stuff.

well done ACC

edit: but they’ll welcome a costa or an audi dealership anywhere they want to put one cos thats more in-keeping with the Aberdeen culture brief. Fucking mutants.

Nae sure if I said, but bought a Karcher about 3/4 weeks ago and just got the chance to try it out today.

Fuck me it’s a machine! 
Bought it for the car cos i’m nae letting any Eastern European anywhere near the motor at one of these hand car washes.

Did the patio the day and it almost looks like I’ve laid new flags this afternoon.Amazing bit of kit.

30 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Nae sure if I said, but bought a Karcher about 3/4 weeks ago and just got the chance to try it out today.

Fuck me it’s a machine! 
Bought it for the car cos i’m nae letting any Eastern European anywhere near the motor at one of these hand car washes.

Did the patio the day and it almost looks like I’ve laid new flags this afternoon.Amazing bit of kit.

Sounds an exciting day Yorkie min.

The young bird must be moist.

1 hour ago, YorkDon said:

Fuck me it’s a machine! 

Scared that the Eastern European's pump her, IYAM

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

Sounds an exciting day Yorkie min.

The young bird must be moist.

Nearly 2 years in Don, nae shagging every day now.There are other things to get excited about.

57 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Scared that the Eastern European's pump her, IYAM

None of them come close to me Parkie.If she met George Clooney though, I’d maybe have a slight pang of concern.