Paul Lawrie's Corner

Well in Paul, saved the dramatics to the others and just dished out a good old fashioned pumping. :dance:

Justin Rose's win was sensational. Mickleson almost holed his chip, left it dead for a 3, with Rose left a tricky 2 putts for a half. Holed a raker to level the match then beat him up the 18th, Mickleson with a ridiculous second shot chasing the pin.

Garcia's win was also pretty special.

My honest opinion on Poulter?

I thought he was quite an arrogant chap, but my opinion has most definitely changed - I now think he's not bad. When everyone was praising him, not once did he try and take the credit or blow his own trumpet - he always made it about the team.

Poulter's a legend mate. that 5 birdies in a row on Saturday was unbelievable.

Thought I should add my betting spree yesterday.

• Upvote 2

I am not the biggest golf fan and I hardly play it nowadays but that was amazing viewing.

I've been to a few Scottish opens and two british opens, the one that Nick Price won then the one John Daly won in a plaoff against Rocca.

Last night was my favourite golfing moment. The fact that Paul completely destroyed his opponent made it so sweet.

• Upvote 1

I'm not that interested about it ffs min.

I'm mildly interested but want someone else to put the effort in to inform me.

I'm not exactly an avid golf fan.

However one thing it does do is show the yanks up as a humourless, characterless nation, they simply cannot do teamwork which is pretty funny, they're all high fives and showmanship with little real camaraderie between them.

Aye, the yanks are just lucky no other cunt plays Baseball or American Football, otherwise they'd have nothing.

Amazing last night, well done Paul. Watched the whole lot from start to finish and was amazing watching it all unfold. :thumbs:

A link to ESPN bawbag Rick Reilly on his predictions on the Saturday evening.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8443311/how-us-win-ryder-cup

Wonder how he feels about his "heating and air conditioning guy" comment now after you tore Snedeker to bits. :laughing: Typical American attitude!

an amazing event and a super-human effort on Sunday, I always thought that we'd hammer them in the singles and even at 10-6 on Sunday I had a feeling we could nick a draw.

Jose is a true gent and a great man, he made a few mistakes over the 3 days, leaving Poulter and Lawrie out nearly cost him, however he inspired the team and he should carry us into 2014.....