Paul Lawrie's Corner

Mark james was very good but should have played coltart,van de velde and ,sandelin before the singles

faldo came on the range at accenture world matchplay and asked me what i have working on etc, so i said when you played nick would you have allowed someone from tv to bug you during practice !!!!!!!! no so beat it and he did , strange bloke ,great player but strange man

paul

Paul a quote from jesse's book i really liked was the fellows pros opinion that Faldo's idea of a good night out was "dinner for one on his hotel balcony"

Was flicking through the channels earlier and seen you doing some sort of dance on the 15th fairway? :D

Seen you on the 14th tee as well, what happened there? I know there was a big hold up on the tee, just used to seeing you nail it down the middle.

total frustration on 15th as can't miss that green right when pin is right and had just hit it ob right on 14 which was a poor shot just spun out of it and necked it right Should be miles ahead this week so been very frustrated but that's golf

Couldnt make my mind up on the 5th to fly it and spin it or pitch and run and ended up doing neither which is very unlike me then missed a tiddler on 6 from 3 feet But overall I started the day two behind and ended it one behind so it was a good day

Paul

Paul a quote from jesse's book i really liked was the fellows pros opinion that Faldo's idea of a good night out was "dinner for one on his hotel balcony"

We all admire Faldo for his dedication to be the best he could be and he did whatever it took to achieve it , he never spoke to players when he played and never said good shot/putt etc which is up to him , Funny story from British open 1992 when Steve p

Stick in today Paul - hope you can make it 2 in a row.

Was interested to hear Howard Clark saying yesterday that Richie Ramsay got right under Tiger's nose at the US Open a while back with his etiquette on the course, particularly around the greens.

In terms of your fellow pros, who would you say are your closest friends on tour? And are there any players you don't really get on with that you'd care to tell us?

Stick in today Paul - hope you can make it 2 in a row.

Was interested to hear Howard Clark saying yesterday that Richie Ramsay got right under Tiger's nose at the US Open a while back with his etiquette on the course, particularly around the greens.

In terms of your fellow pros, who would you say are your closest friends on tour? And are there any players you don't really get on with that you'd care to tell us?

His etiquette? I thought it was more to do with the length of time he took over putts etc that seemed to annoy Eldrick? If it was his etiquette then that's a different matter.

Tiger can GTF anyway, anybody who gobs on the green is hardly one to talk about etiquette

Affa grumpy on the course these days Paul, is that just down to heightened expectations, in this your best season? Miss a putt and the shoulders are slumped, cameramen on the 18th fairway etc.

Chill min.

Yeah your right but hit it good again this week so expectations are very high , but I've always been like that , just how I am , would like to be happier but find it tough Silly I know as I'm doing great

Paul

Paul, if you dinna mind, tell us a bit about how you got started in the game as a loon; must have been the old nine holer at Kemnay, in fact, was it the old par 3 "crash helmet" course, with crossed fairways etc?

Think you had a 4 handicap when you turned pro at Banchory. At that stage, did you see yersel as always being a club pro, or were you driven to work your ass off and make it on the main stage?

Any plans for an autobiography?

EDIT - Just seen this

http://www.golfbytourmiss.com/2012/05/an-open-book-paul-lawries-autobiograhy-set-for-launch-at-st-andrews-in-october/

Cheers

Paul, if you dinna mind, tell us a bit about how you got started in the game as a loon; must have been the old nine holer at Kemnay, in fact, was it the old par 3 "crash helmet" course, with crossed fairways etc?

Think you had a 4 handicap when you turned pro at Banchory. At that stage, did you see yersel as always being a club pro, or were you driven to work your ass off and make it on the main stage?

Any plans for an autobiography?

EDIT - Just seen this

http://www.golfbytourmiss.com/2012/05/an-open-book-paul-lawries-autobiograhy-set-for-launch-at-st-andrews-in-october/

Cheers

My autobiography is out hopefully in November where I speak about Kemnay etc I played there when it was a 9 hole par 3 course which is one of the reasons I think my short game is decent

Paul

Paul serious question (aside from winding up about lessons) and since you're playing there today too.

The Carnegie club is a beautiful course with awesome scenery and is of a pretty decent standard too. However, locals pretty much cannot get on it unless invited. Do you agree with this type of thing since it so in keeping with R&A's "golf for all" campaign (which I also find phenomenally hypocritical since the female membership there is somewhat "restricted").

I can understand when PdS owned it he tried to get a certain level of exclusivity due to the type of guest skibo was attracting but locals could still pay for a few tee times (similar to the public availability at Castle Stuart) but Ellis Short has zero interest apparently in maintaining that style of membership and the feeling amongst many staff is that he wants the place as a play thing for himself. Knowing a few members too I would tend to agree with this.

I just feel that if it was more open to public, and worked with local fantastic clubs like Royal Dornoch (although the current manager appears hell bent on wasting money), Tain, Golspie, Brora, etc it would be a massive attraction to golf tourists, and perhaps attract more glamour competitions to the area.

there's youtubes of tiger having a good laugh at a fart and things like that. g'an yersel son.

Did anyone see Tiger yesterday walking up the fairway chatting to the kid who holds the score board. Looked happy yesterday and was very good. Would love to see him back to his best - definitely signs of it last night.

Paul serious question (aside from winding up about lessons) and since you're playing there today too.

The Carnegie club is a beautiful course with awesome scenery and is of a pretty decent standard too. However, locals pretty much cannot get on it unless invited. Do you agree with this type of thing since it so in keeping with R&A's "golf for all" campaign (which I also find phenomenally hypocritical since the female membership there is somewhat "restricted").

I can understand when PdS owned it he tried to get a certain level of exclusivity due to the type of guest skibo was attracting but locals could still pay for a few tee times (similar to the public availability at Castle Stuart) but Ellis Short has zero interest apparently in maintaining that style of membership and the feeling amongst many staff is that he wants the place as a play thing for himself. Knowing a few members too I would tend to agree with this.

I just feel that if it was more open to public, and worked with local fantastic clubs like Royal Dornoch (although the current manager appears hell bent on wasting money), Tain, Golspie, Brora, etc it would be a massive attraction to golf tourists, and perhaps attract more glamour competitions to the area.

Nothing can glamourise your area.

You canna polish a turd.

Yeah I was both shocked and delighted at that. Looked like the two of them were having a right laff.

Good on Tiger. The energy he's put in to being stoic and po-faced recently has been tiring to watch.

even the Mrs made a comment about Tigers "monty-esque" cuntish face and attitude to all those who may speak to him.

for the sake of golf , I hope this sulky, arse-faced balloon never passes the GREAT Jack Nicklaus record, his attitude in recent years has been a disgrace.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1