Paul Lawrie's Corner

Paul, once again you're whinging about your awful putting.

I feel it should fall to me, as the guy who whipped you out of your penchant for taking excessive time off just as you were hitting a hot streak - and look where that got you - to tell you it's time for a change of attitude to the short stick.

As a perennial yipper myself, who had tried all sorts of putters, and all sorts of methods, last year, admittedly also on the back of a lesson from the excellent Alan Stewart, I purchased Putting out of your Mind, by Rotella.

I can honestly say I had the best putting season of my life, rarely did I miss a yippable one, rarely did I come up short, and I've never holes more 8-15 footers than I did week in week out.

Your whole approach sees to be talking down your putting, all that leads to is further rubbish putting.

There's no charge :checkit:

Paul, once again you're whinging about your awful putting.

I feel it should fall to me, as the guy who whipped you out of your penchant for taking excessive time off just as you were hitting a hot streak - and look where that got you - to tell you it's time for a change of attitude to the short stick.

As a perennial yipper myself, who had tried all sorts of putters, and all sorts of methods, last year, admittedly also on the back of a lesson from the excellent Alan Stewart, I purchased Putting out of your Mind, by Rotella.

I can honestly say I had the best putting season of my life, rarely did I miss a yippable one, rarely did I come up short, and I've never holes more 8-15 footers than I did week in week out.

Your whole approach sees to be talking down your putting, all that leads to is further rubbish putting.

There's no charge :checkit:

Your absolutely right but I hate when I see other golfers telling lies of how good they hit it etc when everyone can see they have hit it poorly (tiger) springs to mind , so I try to be honest but I have never ever been over a putt thinking I'm going to miss

I also have the rotella book on putting so might read it again

Paul

Paul just ahd an interesting conversation with an avid golf fan he was at Castle Stuart last year for the Scottish Open and had a group of kids with him all were of course very excited and looking for autographs and lets just say that the behaviour, manner and attitude of McGinley was not befitting of a man looking to represent his continent and indeed a few people have said they found McGinlay to be very arrogant .

I'm very surprised by that as mcginlay is a good guy maybe just an off day it happens unfortunately

Paul

what ever happened to scott drummond, i think he was scottish like lyle was? and les wallace the dartist?!

he won the pga with a classy final round, and then the wheels came off, was he injured? baker-finched it?

Scott really struggled for a while not sure why but easily done after winning a big event , he lost his card after his exemption was up

Just to let you guys know I will be at pittodrie with the Ryder cup for st mirren game on 9th feb Hope you all come along

Paul

Paul, I just wanted to say well done indeed for helping to get a Scottish Ladies tour off the ground. You are doing a wonderful job supporting the brilliant players that are just a little short of the level you enjoy.

Cow.

I will be taking my son for his first ever round of golf in the next few weeks (weather permitted), wont be this weekend as Dons home game.

Was going to go to Hazelhead 9 hole but just got told there is a 6 holer at beach kings :thumbup1: that works out better size and location for me.

Paul im a massive fan and well done in your career, looking forward to seeing you with Ryder cup on Saturday :applause:

And what a bonnie loon !!!!!! I got fantastic reception from everyone Huge thanks to you all

Paul

Again Paul your the only reason we get to see a trophy at Pittodrie these days.

Shit club, uninterested players and a noticeable stench of mediocreism. Hate Aberdeen Football Club these days. Considering burning my scarf and calling it a day.

See that young Malcolm Isaacs is now associated with the Paul Lawrie course, looks like he could be the next big thing to come from our way (Inverness loon).

Has a share scheme where its £100 for a share and 50% of his winnings got to the share holders.

Contemplation grabbing one but will see if there is a spare £100 pennies kicking about.

http://malcolmisaacs.com/

http://malcolmisaacs.com/shares.php

Again Paul your the only reason we get to see a trophy at Pittodrie these days.

Shit club, uninterested players and a noticeable stench of mediocreism. Hate Aberdeen Football Club these days. Considering burning my scarf and calling it a day.

I hate the stink of mediocreism as well, whatever that is.

I thought you gave up attending Pittodrie anyway, after Mackie started the first game of season 11/12?

You back speaking to the P&J, Paul? Piece in today's edition about you becoming an honorary member at Kemnay.

Trying to work out from the photo where the new 18th hole is. Have they rejigged the last few holes, as well as 18?

Do you remember one of the holes on the old Kemnay 9 holer, the 6th I think it was, The Nib? Totally blind drive over the hill, onto the green right in front of the road to Monymusk? Crazy golf, balls stotting aff the road over car bonnets etc.