Rangers Into Administration

Red Dragon

Opinion of the news?  

339 members have voted

1. 1. Best news ever?

• Yes

See BriPods post above.

Don't think that's an excuse to be honest. We are 3 and a half weeks away from the start of a new season, forgetting the newco argument etc. the people who matter; fans -be it of sevco, us, Dundee, Partick Thistle, or Albion Rovers, need to know who is going to be in which league next year. It's time for answers, if Rangers propose and Celtic second, everyone else should offer to resign and ask the SFL if we can create a new 'Championship' at the top of their structure. As I've been saying for ages let the big two play themselves 38 times a year.

Arguably the most important meeting in the 122 year history of the Scottish Football League took place yesterday and was attended by a member of the PTFC Board.

As a Club we felt that it was important that we entered this meeting with an open mind, taking full cognisance of all the facts, the opinion of our fans and free from prejudice and speculation.

Unquestionably there are major financial consequences, for all Clubs in Scotland, should a newco Rangers club not take a place in next season

Morning Loons and Quines ... apologies in advance for the rant.

So, us cynics were right to be cynical I suppose ... it looks like Sevco in SPL or Div 1.

For what it's worth think the SPL will be allowed to vote "no" (probably today) so that he chairmen can save face in front of their fans and punt the problem to the SFL. I think all the hysteria in the MSM is cover for the parachute to Div 1.

The only thing that is surprising in all of this is the bare-faced corruption playing out in full public view. When I was growing up in Scotland, I believed we were the best country in the world - the best medicine, the best law, the best education, the best science and engineering, a free press, politicians with values and integrity and, incredibly, we weren't bad at football either. Of course, we knew the OF were favoured ... but its a long way from favouritism to corruption and we couldn't even prove bias even though we suspected it.

The last thing I believed was that we were, actually, a corrupt nation when it came to football at least; little better than a banana republic or a third world dictatorship. What am I to think today? Where are the leaders who will stand up and fight this abomination? Turnbull Hutton is an unlikely hero in all this but his is a lone voice.

Is corruption too strong a word? I don't think so - it has been stated as part of this proposal that Sevco must be back in the SPL by season 2013/2014. I have a simple question for that nice Mr Doncaster. It is this: "Mr Doncaster, what if, by some miracle, Sevco does not win promotion from Div 1 next season?" What then, eh?

We know, if this proposal is agreed upon, Div 1 is already rigged for next season. Why should the Div 1 clubs waste their time playing next season? What are we fans supposed to think when *Rangers* are back in the SPL in 2013/2014, debt free and with new investment to pay transfer fees and inflated wages? Celtic and *Rangers* back as top 2 in the SPL with only a one-year blip to show for massive fraud and rule breaking.

So, before we return to business as usual with no chance of a non-OF team ever winning the SPL, I have an idea. What is the penalty for fielding an illegible player? I think it's a 3-0 forfeit, right? So, here's what we do ... the ten non-OF clubs agree on an unlikely winner of the SPL, let's say, ICT. Each team then fields an illegible player whenever they play against ICT and forfeits the game 3-0. Hey presto, ICT win the league and get a Champions League windfall ... is this any more corrupt than what is being proposed?

The whole thing is a sick joke and if the clubs and fans accept it in any shape or form then the game is finished in Scotland.

There's no reason to think any of the 8 have gone back on their word, blame the veto process.

I don't think any of the 8 will publicly go back on their word. But it wouldn't be suprise me if a whole load of background stuff has been agreed out of the public eye. Otherwise, what possible benefit would there be to anybody for other clubs to delay the vote??

So, us cynics were right to be cynical I suppose ... it looks like Sevco in SPL or Div 1.

For what it's worth think the SPL will be allowed to vote "no" (probably today) so that he chairmen can save face in front of their fans and punt the problem to the SFL. I think all the hysteria in the MSM is cover for the parachute to Div 1.

The only thing that is surprising in all of this is the bare-faced corruption playing out in full public view. When I was growing up in Scotland, I believed we were the best country in the world - the best medicine, the best law, the best education, the best science and engineering, a free press, politicians with values and integrity and, incredibly, we weren't bad at football either. Of course, we knew the OF were favoured ... but its a long way from favouritism to corruption and we couldn't even prove bias even though we suspected it.

The last thing I believed was that we were, actually, a corrupt nation when it came to football at least; little better than a banana republic or a third world dictatorship. What am I to think today? Where are the leaders who will stand up and fight this abomination? Turnbull Hutton is an unlikely hero in all this but his is a lone voice.

Is corruption too strong a word? I don't think so - it has been stated as part of this proposal that Sevco must be back in the SPL by season 2013/2014. I have a simple question for that nice Mr Doncaster. It is this: "Mr Doncaster, what if, by some miracle, Sevco does not win promotion from Div 1 next season?" What then, eh?

We know, if this proposal is agreed upon, Div 1 is already rigged for next season. Why should the Div 1 clubs waste their time playing next season? What are we fans supposed to think when *Rangers* are back in the SPL in 2013/2014, debt free and with new investment to pay transfer fees and inflated wages? Celtic and *Rangers* back as top 2 in the SPL with only a one-year blip to show for massive fraud and rule breaking.

So, before we return to business as usual with no chance of a non-OF team ever winning the SPL, I have an idea. What is the penalty for fielding an illegible player? I think it's a 3-0 forfeit, right? So, here's what we do ... the ten non-OF clubs agree on an unlikely winner of the SPL, let's say, ICT. Each team then fields an illegible player whenever they play against ICT and forfeits the game 3-0. Hey presto, ICT win the league and get a Champions League windfall ... is this any more corrupt than what is being proposed?

The whole thing is a sick joke and if the clubs and fans accept it in any shape or form then the game is finished in Scotland.

I love that ICT as champions ploy.

McDermid just emailed back a mate and says AFC are completely opposed to any vote deferal.

I know the Club are probably as sick of this as we are but it's probably important they release a statement saying as such.

Edit: All I've ever asked in this saga is that AFC do the right thing, everything else is out of our hands.

McDermid just emailed back a mate and says AFC are completely opposed to any vote deferal.

At least I have the comfort of knowing AFC are fighting this clown all the way. A motion of no confidence needs to be put forward to rid Scottish football of this cancer once and for all.

Could just be me here that has this thought, but did the 8 clubs show their hands too early in this whole saga?

Think about when this scaremongering from Doncaster and the media was ramped up to unbelievable proportions.

We'll never know what would/would've happened if they went and voted without letting their intentions known but was this a bit of an own goal scored by some of the SPL teams?

For the record, I'm glad Aberdeen did what they did, I'm proud the club I love did this and are sticking by their guns.

Told by someone this morning (and not claiming it is truth but puzzle pieces fit) that last nights latest discussions involved Rangers newco taking a year out with SPL calling that punishment enough. Next season vote them straight in.

But

Leaves problem of 11 team league for year. Can't go forward with 11 teams as clubs lose too much cash. So Dundee of Dunfermline into SPL.

But

Next year need room to get newco in. So idea was two teams relegated but half the league won't vote for this as puts their clubs in more danger.

So 14 team league idea back on table with 6 and 8 split after 26 games. One relegated with newco and top 2 in SFL promoted or no relegation and top Sfl up with newco. Not much support for this either though as clubs claim better off financially to be 7th than sixth as two extra home games.

Like I say might be bullshit but pieces fit and got some good info from them in past. Sure will keep seeing if pieces continue to fit later today.

That will be a fuck up of massive proportions. If they think the fans will be happy with that they would be sadly mistaken.

Don't think that's an excuse to be honest. We are 3 and a half weeks away from the start of a new season, forgetting the newco argument etc. the people who matter; fans -be it of sevco, us, Dundee, Partick Thistle, or Albion Rovers, need to know who is going to be in which league next year. It's time for answers, if Rangers propose and Celtic second, everyone else should offer to resign and ask the SFL if we can create a new 'Championship' at the top of their structure. As I've been saying for ages let the big two play themselves 38 times a year.

Spot on. This farce has dragged on long enough. A vote needs to happen to day or else it could turn into vote tennis with the SFL.

Aye, I love the way it's just taken for granted that Sevco 5088 will win promotion with their 8-man squad. That alone should be enough for SFL1 clubs to stick two fingers up to this stitch-up.

The question is what will happen if Sevco 5088 aren't on track for promotion? Will we see a sudden increase in "controversial" referee decisions, or will they simply say "fuck it" and promote them instead of whoever finished top instead? Or perhaps increase the number of promotion spots to include wherever Sevco 5088 finish? A play-off, even?

None of that can be discounted. This is what happens when you sell sporting integrity - the game becomes meaningless. Fuck it, just call it Scottish Footballing Entertainment and get Rowdy Roddy Piper in as SFA president.

At one time I thought Scottish Football would do the correct thing and either make the newco Huns start in Division 3 or suspend them for a year. But no, it looks increasingly likely that nothing will change and they will remain in the SPL. The same old corruption and crony-ism will just accelerate the demise of senior football in Scotland as a viable and credible entity. Given 10 years or so the OF will be off to England anyway.

It will be an absolute joke if the vote is delayed. Clubs have made up their mind and its less than 4 weeks until the start of the season. Its not fair on the other clubs who dont know what league there are going to be in, its not fair on clubs like Spartans or Cove who want to apply to the leagues and its not fair on the fans.

Its pathetic and I've frankly had enough of it.

Doncaster, you are a fucking clown.

Aye, I love the way it's just taken for granted that Sevco 5088 will win promotion with their 8-man squad. That alone should be enough for SFL1 clubs to stick two fingers up to this stitch-up.

The question is what will happen if Sevco 5088 aren't on track for promotion? Will we see a sudden increase in "controversial" referee decisions, or will they simply say "fuck it" and promote them instead of whoever finished top instead? Or perhaps increase the number of promotion spots to include wherever Sevco 5088 finish? A play-off, even?

None of that can be discounted. This is what happens when you sell sporting integrity - the game becomes meaningless. Fuck it, just call it Scottish Footballing Entertainment and get Rowdy Roddy Piper in as SFA president.

They have about 8 players and have only weeks before the start of the season, they won't sign anyone until they get an SFA licence and know what league they are in.

So if things are deferred anyomre and then at the lastminute they get into division 1, they will have no time at all to assemble a squad capable of winning the 1st division so what will happen next season??!!

Everything seems to be based on newco winning promotion next season but they've no chance!!