Neil Simpson Benefit Match!

:suicide: Folk on here will moan at anything and everything. Fucking incredible. Just get out and buy a ticket to support a club legend. Doesn't matter who the opposition had been, I'd have been going. Folk not going cause it's man u need to gee themselves a shake.

Well said

:suicide: Folk on here will moan at anything and everything. Fucking incredible. Just get out and buy a ticket to support a club legend. Doesn't matter who the opposition had been, I'd have been going. Folk not going cause it's man u need to gee themselves a shake.

Agreed.

I was hoping it would be someone different as opposed to United but fuck it, that's not what this is about.

The Club have listened to the fans and have given Simmie a testomonial.

Let's give him our full backing :applause:

I never go to testimonials.

We also play Man United every couple of years.

As I already said, I've nothing against Neil Simpson.

But nor was I shouting from the rooftops that he should get a testimonial.

So I'm not fussed.

I'm certainly not moaning about those who do go.

I just hate Man United fans. They're as bad as huns.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Yes, everyone kens the mentality.

They can 'chew the fat' (i.e. talk regurgitated Sky Sports pish) about every player in the EPL and their merits or otherwise, 'oh WE could do with Modric' etc they say.

Then they say Scottish football is no good, it's lost it's lustre etc etc.

Yet they canna name all the players in the team they claim to really support.

The irony of why Scottish football is so poor is utterly lost on them.

They are every bit as bad as those who take buses to Glasgow of a weekend.

I'll be going to this.

As i said in another thread i bought a ST at the weekend - didnt really look at all the T&C's etc and miles behind the times when it comes to ticketing etc...

So i need to go to Pittodrie and 'claim' my seat and pay for it - is that right? Do i have to sit in my chosen seat, or can i go elsewhere for the game?

Aberdonian man utd fans are a lot worse Than sevco and Celtic combined

I have to agree.

But it's not only Man United.

It's the EPL as a whole.

There are people I know who claim to be 'Man City' fans.

I feel sorry for them as human beings. Clearly their brains are not fully developed and never will be.

I have to agree.

But it's not only Man United.

It's the EPL as a whole.

There are people I know who claim to be 'Man City' fans.

I feel sorry for them as human beings. Clearly their brains are not fully developed and never will be.

I laugh at people who support English teams in Europe then slate them when they play for England what is the difference

If there's no public sale I can't go in any case.

Which begs the question, where does this huge demand for tickets disappear to when we play Hibs or St Mirren or someone in a league game?

That's when the club really needs the support.

You can guess what the answer to that is. They're in the pub watching Man United.

Central to the argument is the whole "need" for people these days to adpot an English team, Man United being the most prominent of these for anyone who grew up during the late 90's/through the 00's watching Sky Sports, AFC weren't winning much so for a bit of glory might start supporting the Reds and use Fergie as an excuse.

Glory Glory Man United and all that.

Cheering them on in the pub and getting excited when they score is amusing too.

bripod its gone far beyond having an english team for some. Many have their EPL team as first choice and like you I think its annoying seeing so many cheer on these teams in the pub and get very excited. The same can alos be said for Barca and Real.

Because it's logistically impossible for me to attend every home match.

But I pay roughly the equivalent value by paying at the gate for the games I do attend

So the club is not losing out..

ah the old hackneyed line to trot out when you dinna have a ST.

bripod its gone far beyond having an english team for some. Many have their EPL team as first choice and like you I think its annoying seeing so many cheer on these teams in the pub and get very excited. The same can alos be said for Barca and Real.

Agree with that.

Man United is their first team. Aberdeen a very distant second.

Most will go to this not to support Neil Simpson but to see Man United. Sad but true.

At least the club recognised that basic fact and it means Simmie gets a bumper payday.

The game should have been against Sevco in an ideal world.

Or Newcastle, as Simpson played for them.

But Newcastle would not fill Pittodrie.

why has a thread about an aberdeen legend deginerated into an epl/man-u hating contest?

why do you think?

tup who has apparently no interest in testimonials or this game at all has about twenty post on the subject which soon degenerates in to him hating something. :thumbup1:

you know the script by now bluto.

• Upvote 1

why do you think?

tup who has apparently no interest in testimonials or this game at all has about twenty post on the subject which soon degenerates in to him hating something. :thumbup1:

ha ha true.

calls himself a dons fan, you know.

pays at the gate, he does.

every 9 or ten years.

• Upvote 1

why do you think?

It's two separate issues. The game is already a sellout. Simpson is guaranteed his reward, which he deserves.

After we accept that fact, it's open season on the mongs in Aberdeen who lap up this type of friendly but dinna bother attending any games during the Scottish football season, unless it involves a cup semi or final.

Then we lose and they piss and moan that they're never coming back because the club dinna deserve them.

What they mean is Aberdeen dinna spend millions on players and win all the time.