Newco Rangers Poll

Newco Rangers  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you continue to attend Aberdeen matches if a newco Rangers are allowed back into the SPL

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the club are reading and take heed of this poll!

Any other fan boards conducted surveys?

I imagine they take polls as seriously as they take the fans in general. They think the fans are clueless sheep who'll take it up the arse and like it. They'll pay lip service to the perceived need for an excuse by muttering something about SKY and 'needing' the Old Firm in order to survive. But they really don't give a fuck what the fans think, until the fans vote with their arses and stop putting those arses on the clubs' seats.

And I genuinely think they don't believe the fans will rebel against this betrayal.

I imagine they take polls as seriously as they take the fans in general. They think the fans are clueless sheep who'll take it up the arse and like it. They'll pay lip service to the perceived need for an excuse by muttering something about SKY and 'needing' the Old Firm in order to survive. But they really don't give a fuck what the fans think, until the fans vote with their arses and stop putting those arses on the clubs' seats.

And I genuinely think they don't believe the fans will rebel against this betrayal.

They could not be more wrong.

• Admin

I hope the club are reading and take heed of this poll!

Any other fan boards conducted surveys?

Highly doubt they care. The suits inside pittodrie don't call the fans 'the pie and bovril brigade" for nothing.

They have absolute contempt for their customers.

Highly doubt they care. The suits inside pittodrie don't call the fans 'the pie and bovril brigade" for nothing.

They have absolute contempt for their customers.

Will let this poll run a wee bit longer but intend to email the club with our results. If they think they will lose money on the lack of 4K huns and a TV deal, then it is fuck all compared to the shit they are going to land themselves in if they saunter on like the fans will take this outcome lying down.

What a stupid fucking poll

I support Aberdeen, not any other team, even a bastardised version of the huns.

This forum just adds fuel to the chant "yer only here to see the Rangers"

That is just retarded logic. If that is your view, then why would we not want Rangers there so that we can hate them?

To take it a step further, how many games do those who voted "no" attend now, and how many would they attend if the hypothetial came to pass?

Just to show the poll isn't just a bunch of folk behind keyboards who don't go to games, which righly or wrongly the board might assume?

By the end of this season, I will have attended (assuming only making 2 of the remaining 3) I will have been at 20 home games...

To take it a step further, how many games do those who voted "no" attend now, and how many would they attend if the hypothetial came to pass?

Just to show the poll isn't just a bunch of folk behind keyboards who don't go to games, which righly or wrongly the board might assume?

You are obsessed Bri. For whose benefit do you think this poll has been set up? There have been over 100 votes, do you expect everyone to justify themselves to you? It's a fairly decent sample of a cross-section of Dons fans and should be taken VERY fucking seriously by the board. Even allowing for a 50% margin of error, it would be an absolute disaster for the club if this percentage were to turn their backs.

• Site Sponsor

If AFC support the filth in the form of a Newco, I'll be spending my ST money to go watch either an English team or even a trip to Europe once in a while.

A weekend away now and again to watch a half decent team would be the business.

Scottish fitba and its nod to corruption can go poke itself

Me, I rarely attend games... a couple of games a season at most, given my location.

I do, however, contribute several hundred quid directly to the club each year in the form of tickets , RedTV, and merchandise in the form of a complete strip for the loon every season, T-shirts, hoodies, hats, scarves, pens, and last year the laddie came back with a bath robe as well as a bunch of other shite.

So, for this reason, I feel I can quite comfortably take part in the poll because, when the club inevitably betrays us, they won't see a penny from the Kelt household ever again :)

So, for this particular guy behind a keyboard, I stand behind my no vote.. because pissing me off WILL impact the club financially, albeit on a very small level.

I'm undecided on this as said before, as nothing is cast in stone and nobody knows what will or won't happen.

What folk say they'll do and what will actually happen are two different things - see a couple of years back when what % were going to turn up to the sack Calderwood protest?

nobody has to justify themselves to anyone - but if it's a discussion point then I don't see anything wrong with playing devils advocate.

Nothing is cast in stone but the moves are already being played out. AFC will be taking a position and anticipating a likely outcome. As fans we need to make it clear where we stand on this now, before it's too late.

This is do or die stuff and if even a quarter of those who have voted are serious then the club are far more fucked than they would ever be by TV deals or lack of a few huns in the South Stand.

The fans will desert in droves. My brother already refuses to take any interest in Scottish Football because the last few weeks and the noises coming from the SPL and SFA have left him completely fucked off with it all. That's anecdotal but I'm sure he's not in a minority of one and he doesna even post on message boards.

Nothing is cast in stone but the moves are already being played out. AFC will be taking a position and anticipating a likely outcome. As fans we need to make it clear where we stand on this now, before it's too late.

This is do or die stuff and if even a quarter of those who have voted are serious then the club are far more fucked than they would ever be by TV deals or lack of a few huns in the South Stand.

Bripod does have a point, and it reiterates what I said earlier.

The club, if they even bother to look at the forums, will see the discontent amongst the posters. But will the club believe that the malcontents, a group which constitutes the VAST majority of posters, represents the fan base as a whole.

As I said, I don't think they believe that to be the case, and are more likely to convince themselves that this is nothing more than grumbling from people who either don't mean what they say or don't have any kind of an impact on club finances anyway.

Well, I can only speak for myself, and despite me living 4000 miles away I contribute a reasonable amount to the club each season largely because I want(ed) to do what I can to support the club financially. A bath robe can be purchased in Detroit, but I bought it at the Club Shop and brought it home, along with a full strip... although I could get him a Redwings strip or a Lions shirt right here. I don't need Aberdeen stationary, or Aberdeen tammies but I get them. I could watch the occasional Aberdeen game on some illicit Chinese feed, but I get RedTV International. I could come to Aberdeen in July when the weather's better.. but I organise my trips home SPECIFICALLY to coincide with the fitba season, meaning I can buy tickets for me, the loon, the wife, my old man and a mate or two.

So, again, the club may say, "Well, that particular wanker lives in Detroit.. the fuck do WE care if he votes No?"

Well, they don't have to care.. that's not the point. I'm just saying that my reaction is more than just me moaning, it's a withdrawal of actual cash.. the only fucking thing the club cares about, because they sure as fuck don't care about the fans.

Of our 38 games, I think I've been to 31, and that's a bad season attendance for me! I most certainly won't return if Hypothetical Rangers United FC get instant re-application into the SPL without any major restructuring or sanctions. I will have to heavily consider my future as a fan of AFC if we vote to keep them in, even if we are overruled. I want whatever is worst for them as much as I would like my direct competition, in any field, to be weakened to my benefit.

Kelt, I can tell you for a fact that the club does look at this forum. We have even conducted polls on their behalf and had kids free into the Merkie on the back of it.

If they can dismiss a landslide vote such as this as being irrelevant then they are off their heads. Like I said before, you have to allow for a fucking huge margin of error before this doesn't become an absolute nightmare scenario for them.

The other point I made yesterday would be if the Huns got back in despite the Dons voting against and how folk would react to that?

Or the Huns get back in with massive sanctions over a number of seasons? Or voting rights are restructured? TV money split more evenly?

I get where people are coming from, but at the moment there's too many variables or possibilities for me to start saying I'll withdraw my support, which is a massive deal for any Dons fan.

There's 2 variables:

Huns allowed in. true / false

AFC Sanction it. true / false

It's a fair point you make Bri but to me it's still a corrupt league if they get in, even with Aberdeen kicking and screaming about it. It's still tainted but it would definitely make a difference and at least I wouldn't have to hate AFC for it.

The other point I made yesterday would be if the Huns got back in despite the Dons voting against and how folk would react to that?

Or the Huns get back in with massive sanctions over a number of seasons? Or voting rights are restructured? TV money split more evenly?

I get where people are coming from, but at the moment there's too many variables or possibilities for me to start saying I'll withdraw my support, which is a massive deal for any Dons fan.

If the Huns are allowed back into the top flight... something no non-OF club would be allowed to do... then Scottish football openly admits it's run for the benefit of the OF.

That puts Scottish Football in the same category as WWF Wrestling... fixed before it even begins. We already know the bias shown towards the OF, but institutionalised corruption to that degree?... what's the point?

May as well follow the guys who've already migrated to watching the EPL.

Anyone watch the BBC 2 report? Now, I'm not one to listen to birds. Obviously. But they had a bint on there that seemed to know her shit. She was of the view that 12p in the pound might be acceptable and anything between 3p and 11p would be considered. BUT. if HMRC win the big tax case then they are the principle creditor and have the final (or major) say regarding whether to accept a CVA. Now, and the bint quoted from the HMRC rule book, they are unlikely to accept a CVA if they consider the organisation has participated in tax evasion. Apparently HMRC considers EBTs as tax evasion vehicles...

I've missed 3 home games this season, including cup games. I have two season tickets. Deano has the home and away kits plus various other t shirts, jumpers etc. Not much change from a grand I've given AFC this season I'd reckon.

That's the best part o a grand they can fucking sing for from me next season, Newco admittance dependant.

I've missed 3 home games this season, including cup games. I have two season tickets. Deano has the home and away kits plus various other t shirts, jumpers etc. Not much change from a grand I've given AFC this season I'd reckon.

That's the best part o a grand they can fucking sing for from me next season, Newco admittance dependant.

I don't have a season ticket this time round, but I had for the previous 30 years.

Over and above that though, I've spent over a grand on/in corporate this season.

And I'm a "no" too.

I see a pattern developing here...

I have been to 9/10 games this season....with my own amateur football career coming to an end shortly, i was thinking of a ST at Pittodrie/new stadium - if the 'new' Rangers were allowed to continue with no sanctions or if we voted to retain them , i would no longer attend games.

First season in a long time I've not had a ST, but I've still made as much games this season as my job allowed.

Changed jobs now and would be able to justify a ST again, but I'm not going to bother if AFC vote the way I think they will.

I'm already hacked off with Scottish Football and it's only my misguided love for AFC that maintains an interest for me.

I'll be out too.

Fuck this corrupt footballing institution.

• Site Sponsor

I don't have a season ticket this time round, but I had for the previous 30 years.

Over and above that though, I've spent over a grand on/in corporate this season.

And I'm a "no" too.

I see a pattern developing here...

We are corporate tomorrow.

I think I would have to turn myself off to the plight of Aberdeen, as I think I would look at the my club and the SPL as a skeleton of what it was back in the early 80's.

Ive always supported my team and accepted we never had the financial power to push Rangers, but to know what I know now, and to think what has went before us as a club, to even spend 1p on anything that this league has to offer would make me sick to the stomach, and watching Rangers in that league (or whatever they may be called) would fill me with pain.

Rangers or the Newco have to be given the chance to exist, but they have to start from the bottom and work their way up, they have to right the wrongs and if their fan base "dont do walking away" then they may be back in the spl in 3 seasons.

If its proven that they have broken every rule known to mankind they should be stripped of every title they "won" medals handed back and replica trophies handed to those who did play by the rules.

each and every player who played in that era for Rangers should speak out at their disgust of the set-up and gladly hand back their medals ( though gazz'a might have been sold to raul moat anyway) who would want a "winners" medal from that era?

Lets see what Mr Doncaster and his pals have to say come 1st May.