Newco Rangers Poll

Newco Rangers  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you continue to attend Aberdeen matches if a newco Rangers are allowed back into the SPL

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting to see how many who wouldn't bother going to games any more bother going to games now.

There's so many possibilities that can come from this it's just wait and see.

I suspect many can't be arsed with AFC these days anyway and see this as a get out clause.

I'd be arsed if its worth going, right now it isn't but see this as a separate issue. I attend 3-4 games a season and I'm not even bothering with the semi final any more. I'm play football as right now that is a more enjoyable experience than forking out cash to watch AFC.

If however the huns are allowed back in then I'll be out forever despite how good the dons are

I have not seen one coherent argument to justify continued support of Aberdeen FC in the event that a 'newco' Rangers is voted straight back into the corrupt SPL.

what is it youre looking for?

justice?

personally i just want a fair and competitive scottish league.

this is football, nae the gallows pole.

I'm not saying I disagree with any of what's been said, I just think it's a rather bold statement to come out with. I understood Tup's point dinna get me wrong but fae my point of view, it doesn't matter if you've been putting money into the club before or after, we're still all on the same level. Logic being, a lot of us here are still going to the cup semi after what's been revealed in the past month or so.

I get everyone's opinions on it all, if more comes out than what's already been said about Rangers and they are found guilty of the previously mentioned things, then I will seriously consider turning my back on Scottish football. Be it Aberdeen or my membership with Scotland, until this is all said and done, at the moment without anything being cemented by the SFA/SPL/UEFA I'll stick by the Dons.

I have a feeling there's more to be un-covered though which will sway a lot of fans thinking to deserting Scottish Football for good.

what is it youre looking for?

justice?

personally i just want a fair and competitive scottish league.

this is football, nae the gallows pole.

No, I'm imploring those voting 'yes' to see sense, and side with the majority who say a line must be drawn in the sand regards this cheating, which has been going on for far too long and which has ruined our league in the competitive sense.

This shite we are subjected to right now is not the Scottish football I was brought up enjoying, I want that back, a levelling of the playing field.

Carrying on blithely with your support renders that hope forlorn, if everyone stops going, it becomes reality very quickly indeed.

Everyone needs to take a stand because Rangers influence in our society is very strong indeed as we are currently witnessing, it takes real guts to stand against that, that's my proposal, all do it as one.

No, I'm imploring those voting 'yes' to see sense, and side with the majority who say a line must be drawn in the sand regards this cheating, which has been going on for far too long and which has ruined our league in the competitive sense.

This shite we are subjected to right now is not the Scottish football I was brought up enjoying, I want that back, a levelling of the playing field.

Carrying on blithely with your support renders that hope forlorn, if everyone stops going, it becomes reality very quickly indeed.

Everyone needs to take a stand because Rangers influence in our society is very strong indeed as we are currently witnessing, it takes real guts to stand against that, that's my proposal, all do it as one.

sounds like you agree with me and just want football back.

it pretty simple, i'm willing to forget, but only on the terms of the silent majority

Absolutely agree if newhuns get in because they have money and nothing else happens then the SPL has in essence killed any justification for its existence as a sporting body - everyone else is there to make up the numbers. The money will flow to the bigot brothers and they will continue their duopoly forever. There is no sport only a glorified stage play where the outcome is effectively predetermined from the start. I'm not paying to watch the Sally and Lennon Show.

They go on about the need to help the Scottish game AS A WHOLE.

Well then if the huns bring so much to the table, then what better chance to inject their "GREATNESS" to all of Scottish football than to make then climb their way deservedly though the leagues.

LIKE ANY OTHER FKN SIDE WOULD BE FORCED TO DO :dontknow:

Interesting to see how many who wouldn't bother going to games any more bother going to games now.

There's so many possibilities that can come from this it's just wait and see.

I suspect many can't be arsed with AFC these days anyway and see this as a get out clause.

As my 7th consecutive year as a season ticket holder (not that great a length of time in the scheme of things, but still, a lot of time and effort gone in) I do see my interest dwindling to a point where I won't get a season ticket next year. I would be planning on picking and choosing games.

If I think there has been a stitch up after such a promising situation (i.e. one half of OF weakened, noises of resturctuing, chairman speaking out) then I am out. A points deudction doesn't swing it either, it would never happen for 10 teams in the league.

If they are a new entity, they should act as one.

Can't believe there's actually even a debate on this.

What's the point of having rules, if they ONLY apply to all the Scottish teams EXCEPT the OF? :dontknow:

Bad enough that we've had to endure the farcical refereeing & media biased over the years (but were just accused of being paranoid) but to be blatantly given the finger in this way would just be the icing on the cake.

FIFA, or UEFA should be getting involved in this to at least try & make this a just decision & ensure the the rules that WE have set in place are adhered to, otherwise they should be imposing (at very least) a European competition ban on the SPL.

If UEFA threaten to take away Euro competition for 5 years, then maybe just maybe the SPL would cave & realise the implications of cheating domestically to ensure that both the OF are ensured of European games.

That's primarily the reason why I'm saying yes at the moment to still attending games. Too many variables that we can't predict yet.

What variables??????

the question is if a "newco" was allowed straight into the top flight, would you still attend (as in agree that this is ok) even though the rules would have to be changed just to suit the fkn huns

So you'd give up on AFC on something that was no fault if their own?

No, I'd give up on football.

Some role hate Rangers more than they love Aberdeen. Personally wouldn't want to be part of the death of AFC should this scenario arise.

Are you not already part of a dying AFC?

Yes

what would be the point in supporting a club that plays in such a corrupt set up where there is virtually no chance of competing?

YOU MEAN LIEK WE ALREADY HAVE?

sorry caps. mistake.

teh old firm have gang banged us all for a few decades now. but yeah to accept this would be scandelous.

YOU MEAN LIEK WE ALREADY HAVE?

sorry caps. mistake.

teh old firm have gang banged us all for a few decades now. but yeah to accept this would be scandelous.

have a read of my other posts before jumping in.

I already attend less than previous seasons as I find other things more enjoyable on a Saturday/Sunday. The league being so uncompetitive is part of that reason, the OF have sucked every last drop of blood out of this league and made it what it is. the lack of a competitive team has seen fans go back less and less and it only getting worse. Slowly over the years I've grown to resent the SPL and if the huns are allowed back in then that will be the final straw

If by some miracle the "10" stand up for what is actually right here, change the voting structure and the way money is distributed which in turn gives teams a chance then I could see myself going back more as the experience could be better.