Newco Rangers Poll

Newco Rangers  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would you continue to attend Aberdeen matches if a newco Rangers are allowed back into the SPL

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Would probably just settle for the premiership.

Maybe see a couple but even that would irk me cos them & SKY have been one of the causes of the fall of the Scottish game but hard to link them directly, so would possibly still see a couple of their games :dontknow:

Would actually prefer to go abroad & see some various leagues/games but junior Scottish football would be my regular fix

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU MEAN LIEK WE ALREADY HAVE?

sorry caps. mistake.

teh old firm have gang banged us all for a few decades now. but yeah to accept this would be scandelous.

I suspect you're fishing but to clarify - in the past 15 years we've suspected that their is intrinsic unfairness and that the system has been set up to support the OF more than anyone else. That is true and has been for a while due to the stupidity of all the clubs chairmen.

However having been caught cheating even within their own biased system for newhuns to be a given a free ride is in essence endorsing not only a biased system in their favour but a system so warped that it will permit them any freedom to try and "win" - dodgy contracts, defrauding the exchequer etc to get a leg up and this is in a system already biased in their favour. Now I'm not for a second saying the current system is fair - it patently is not and should/must be changed but to go from our current system to a world where newhuns are given free rein to do anything and anyone with no control (ie no noegative consequence for misbehaviour) and put my money into an organisation that will accept and thereby support the corruption is beyond me.

Maybe see a couple but even that would irk me cos them & SKY have been one of the causes of the fall of the Scottish game but hard to link them directly, so would possibly still see a couple of their games :dontknow:

Would actually prefer to go abroad & see some various leagues/games but junior Scottish football would be my regular fix

Yea know what you mean, they're total wankers, but SKY take what they are given. They don't dictate the way people think, the clubs just accept their proposals. It's the clubs fault the OF are on TV every away game and hardly any home games. KO times, tell them to shove it! We've just accepted what they propose to us, yes they're cunts, but we could have stopped it!

Yea know what you mean, they're total wankers, but SKY take what they are given. They don't dictate the way people think, the clubs just accept their proposals. It's the clubs fault the OF are on TV every away game and hardly any home games. KO times, tell them to shove it! We've just accepted what they propose to us, yes they're cunts, but we could have stopped it!

we could have stopped - I agree with that to a certain extent. I genuinely think that our chairmen believed that they needed the OF, I just hope that they realise we do not need them.

They need us a hell of a lot more than we need them.

I read Ralph topping as well saying that they voted for it so they should live with it. Fuck that I say, mistakes were no doubt made but why does that mean we cannot make amends for them?

we are where we are right now because of the current system so lets get it changed

we could have stopped - I agree with that to a certain extent. I genuinely think that our chairmen believed that they needed the OF, I just hope that they realise we do not need them.

I read Ralph topping as well saying that they voted for it so they should live with it. Fuck that I say, mistakes were no doubt made but why does that mean we cannot make amends for them?

we are where we are right now because of the current system so lets get it changed

What this poll is already suggesting is that clubs need fans more than TV money or Rangers. Even If these poll figures are only 50% accurate. The SPL will be signing the death warrant of Scottish Football if they let a newco Rangers back in.

The Germans also voted for Hitler...

While I only attend a couple of games a year, owing to location, there's also the merchandise and online services I pay for (when they let me). That will all be gone. I'll go see Cove Rangers when I'm over.

When (not if) Aberdeen betrays each and every one of its fans by electing the Newhunco straight back into the SPL, particularly in the knowledge that Aberdeen Football Club was directly cheated out of titles, trophies and European (Champions League) football because of the Huns underhand practices, then there's no reason to support a cowardly, parasitic organisation like Milne's AFC.

I won't be an enabler.

What variables??????

the question is if a "newco" was allowed straight into the top flight, would you still attend (as in agree that this is ok) even though the rules would have to be changed just to suit the fkn huns

Apologies,

Was at work so only quickly looked at the poll question and I didn't read it as "allowed straight back in".

If they were allowed back in straight away then no I would not attend games as it sets a precedent that cheating is somehow ok by the SPL and money is more important than morals(due to the same reason that I would if they had to work their way up, I rarely attend games anyway), if they had to work their way up from the third division after severe penalties/point deductions etc then yes I would.

If they were allowed straight back in then I'd also shove my tartan army membership.

Wick Academy could do with a few more fans so I'd just go to their home games instead.

If I could change my vote to "no" now then I would.

EDIT: Just changed my vote!

Apologies,

Was at work so only quickly looked at the poll question and I didn't read it as "allowed straight back in".

If they were allowed back in straight away then no I would not attend games as it sets a precedent that cheating is somehow ok by the SPL and money is more important than morals(due to the same reason that I would if they had to work their way up, I rarely attend games anyway), if they had to work their way up from the third division after severe penalties/point deductions etc then yes I would.

If they were allowed straight back in then I'd also shove my tartan army membership.

Wick Academy could do with a few more fans so I'd just go to their home games instead.

If I could change my vote to "no" now then I would.

the SFA for once took a step up in my view today by handing Dundee Utd Rangers share of the cash for the Scottish cup TV money

Are you saying you wouldn't support Aberdeen if they made the Champions League, did you not say that's corrupt also?

Too many variables to start throwing around threats at this stage IMO.

I said I would not support Aberdeen so not sure how many times you want me to write it.

what variables?

on a side note - the CL is a joke competition, just as corrupt as the current SPL. Said for years that we should forget Europe for now and concentrate on developing our domestic game

I said I would not support Aberdeen so not sure how many times you want me to write it.

what variables?

on a side note - the CL is a joke competition, just as corrupt as the current SPL. Said for years that we should forget Europe and concentrate on developing our domestic game

Correct and I feel the same. Newco into SPL and I'm finished with Aberdeen. Same goes for any club and not just Rangers.

AFC will be dead in my eyes if a new Rangers are put back in and AFC have any part in it.

Would it maybe be worthwhile task for mods to set up an official kinda vote for this which can then be sent to Aberdeen with a letter from this forum?

Vote/poll could show total members of the site, total who voted and provide %, show yes/no/maybe totals and even provide info as to how many games you have attended this season and specify if the voter is a season ticket holder or ad hoc attendee.

Could even be that only members that have been registered over say 6 months can vote so that we can't be accused of creating members in order to effect the result.

Just an idea

The key element here is corruption, it's the old committee mentality prevalent throughout Scotland, everything very cliquey and hush-hush, you raise questions, you get the finger pointed at you, that's the way Rangers and to a lesser extent the SFA are behaving, they are holding our game back.

Who the fuck is Ralph Topping anyway, and who is he to attempt to hold a financial gun to the heads of once proud teams.

A joint statement telling him the facts is all that's required, from the 'rebel 10' (a moniker I detest).

Would it maybe be worthwhile task for mods to set up an official kinda vote for this which can then be sent to Aberdeen with a letter from this forum?

Vote/poll could show total members of the site, total who voted and provide %, show yes/no/maybe totals and even provide info as to how many games you have attended this season and specify if the voter is a season ticket holder or ad hoc attendee.

Could even be that only members that have been registered over say 6 months can vote so that we can't be accused of creating members in order to effect the result.

Just an idea

This is an official poll. :)

the SFA for once took a step up in my view today by handing Dundee Utd Rangers share of the cash for the Scottish cup TV money

Just saw that there on the BBC website, Stewart Regan in the SFA in my book is right enough, it's the cretin Neil Doncaster that we have to look out for that's going to ruin everything for the other 10 clubs.

Who the fuck is Ralph Topping anyway, and who is he to attempt to hold a financial gun to the heads of once proud teams.

Quickly searched William Hill on wikipedia and found this:

In 2008 Ralph Topping was appointed Chief Executive: he took a Saturday job at a William Hill betting shop near Hampden Park, Glasgow, in 1973 and worked his way up through the ranks.[17] He had dropped out of Strathclyde University as a self-confessed 'rascal'

So he's the Chief Exec of the Scottish Cup sponsors and also the Chairman of the SPL, probably Mr. Corrupt right there! He'll have a lot to lose out on if the "10 rebels" keep on giving potential sponsors ammunition not to invest in the league.

Well it depends if they're liquidated, if they come back with servere sanctions, if AFC vote against them coming back but they come anyway and what form it all takes.

Support isn't something conditional you threaten to throw away because of something that might or might not happen, for me anyway.

ok super fan :checkit: :checkit: :laughing:

I suspect you know what I meant though - I'll deal with it if and when it comes around and not deal in hypotheticals when it comes to not being an Aberdeen supporter anymore.

Just do as you're told and stop supporting Aberdeen if Rangers get back in, everyone's happy.

I suspect you know what I meant though - I'll deal with it if and when it comes around and not deal in hypotheticals when it comes to not being an Aberdeen supporter anymore.

fair enough. most seem happy to discuss it even if it is hypothetical. a lot of the discussion on here is.

I asked the question in the SPL joke thread, does nobody on here have connections to supporters clubs that could start to get some single voice going for the supporters of the ten clubs? It's all very well me or anyone else saying that they won't go back, ultimately that is not going to mean anything because by then it is going to be to late. The clubs have to be told the views of the fans in no uncertain terms beforehand in order to influence or at least try and influence the outcome. Surely one of the mods at least knows someone who speaks for an afc supporters group to get the ball rolling. After all, what are the supporters groups there for if they sit silent on issues like this?

Could you see this happening in Golf, Tennis or Cycling? If they got caught taking performance enhancers they would be banned and stripped of any titles that year. This is basically what Rangers have done, where the performance enhancers is the extra cash to pay for "better" players than the competition. Imagine if that Tour De France 2012 winner Alberto Contador, who was found to have taken some banned substances, stripped of titles and banned for two years, had been able to change his name and allowed to play the sport again?

I think the other 11 clubs are forgetting who pays the players wages. Too much emphasise is on the TV money, when the majority of the clubs cashflow comes from people like us buying merchandise, tickets and such like.

I hardly go anymore anyhow (been to 3 Craig Brown games) but would stop altogether if they got to start afresh debt free. Would not buy any AFC merchandise or give any financial backing to the club whatsoever. If they support Rangers then I will cease to support them.

If they support Rangers then I will cease to support them.

This is it in one sentence, exactly what I've been alluding to, the club would be supporting Rangers by allowing them back in scot free, if you still support the club after that decision is made, you are effectively endorsing Glasgow Rangers FC.

I'd rather eat my own shit than agree with those bastards on anything.

Nae chunce. If the huns are liquidated, come back as a newco, and are allowed to come straight back into the SPL debt free, with no punishment, then WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT ANYMORE? All it will prove is that there is one rule for the Old Firm, and an entirely different set of rules for the other 38 professional league clubs, not to mention every other non league club in the whole of Scotland. I will just wind up watching the slightly less corrupt EPL more.

Ok then yeah sayers.

If for example (another form of cheating) rangers were allowed to field 15 players on match day every week but everyone else were still only allowed the original 11.

Would you still attend the "SPL" then?

It's just another form of one rule for them & not for us, so where's the difference?

It's the SPL we'd be boycotting not Afc, if you wanted, you could still show the Dons your support by buying your season ticket that way you can still "support" Aberdeen but not the SPL :dontknow: