Zander Diamond Released By Oldham

have a look through thsi thread...he's not exactly wrong is he?!

If we are extremely generous to your observation and say that's 80 original posters in this thread, then that is 80 out of an average home attandance of 10,000. If you consider that to be representative of the "the fans" then you are of a similar mindset to Diamond.

Aberdeen FC never achieved anything during Zander Diamond's time here so he's not even qualified to make that statement. It is the statement of a loser. He may think he's a winner, and in his younger days he had the raw material to become a winner. But he didn't want it enough. If "the fans" did him down, it was because his performances and his behaviour wasn't up to the standard we expect. Bottom line really, anyone who doesn't want to be here is welcome to leave. But better to do it quietly than point the finger of blame at "the fans" for your exit. He confirmed to all of us that doubted him just how weak of mind he was when he made that statement.

I take no comfort from seeing a once-promising and at one time very popular AFC talent's career go to the dogs. But at the same time I don't really give a toss either. He burned his bridges with "the fans" when he left - in one fell swoop he made more enemies in the support than he ever had in the first place.

Diamond has never, ever, ever, been a good player. Don't let his growly face while fist pumping to the south stand cloud your judgement.A tragic excuse for a footballer.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree, he put in some terrific performances in his time as an Aberdeen player, particularly with Anderson alongside him (perhaps that was the difference) and even after Anderson left he played some good games, particularly in Europe.

His form dipped considerably though, hence why he's now at Northampton.

Diamond pissed his career away. Total waster.

Had to laugh in his first season away he thought he moved to a bigger team just because they drew Liverpool in the FA cup and we drew forfar

ZANDER Diamond is not new to the away dressing room at Anfield. He has been there before, just as he has walked through the Shankly Gates and out of the tunnel at Liverpool’s iconic home.

He has even reached up to touch the famous sign on which players are reminded of the venue. There’s a lot to be said for these stadium tours.
On Friday night, Diamond will be there again, only this time he will not be a tourist. This time, he will be there for real, a player representing Oldham Athletic, of League One, in the third round of the FA Cup. He will not be ambling around with his girlfriend, taking photographs of Shankly’s statue and the Spion Kop. He will be out on the pitch, wrestling with Messrs Carroll and Suarez.
Playing at Anfield will be an unexpected thrill for the former Aberdeen defender whose visit two summers ago, when he was down south for the wedding of a former team-mate, came as his career in Scotland seemed to be on the slide. “If somebody had said to me then, ‘you’ll be going back there as a player in 18 months’ time’, I would have said, ‘you must be on drugs or something’. It’s like a fairytale.”
Adding to the excitement is Diamond’s liking for all things Liverpool. They have been his English club since he was a boy growing up in Dumbarton. After they won the European Cup in 2005, he bought a signed Steven Gerrard shirt on eBay. He has read Gerrard’s autobiography, as well as Jamie Carragher’s. He has played for Aberdeen at some famous stadiums – including Ibrox, Celtic Park, Hampden and Bayern Munich’s Allianz Arena – but nothing will compare to Anfield.
“You don’t sit there as a kid saying ‘I wish I could play in the Allianz Arena’. You want to play in the grounds you have seen on Match of the Day, and Anfield was always the top one because of its history, the league titles and the European Cups. I’ve been really lucky to play at my favourite Scottish grounds. To do it in England after just six months here is incredible.”
Diamond, 26, joined Oldham in the summer, when his contract with Aberdeen had expired, and a move to Hearts had fallen through. Paul Dickov, his Scottish manager, has made him vice-captain of a relatively youthful side, who will also have a date at Wembley in their diary if they can beat Chesterfield in the two-legged northern area final of the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy.
While Oldham’s results have been inconsistent, Diamond has loved every minute of it. He likes the new scene, with Sheffield United, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton Athletic on the fixture list. He also likes living in Manchester, where his home overlooks Manchester City’s Etihad Stadium, and he can be more anonymous than he was in Scotland. “You can walk around the centre of Manchester, have a coffee, read the papers, and no one bothers you. In Scotland, you can’t do that. And some of the grounds we go to are Premier League grounds really. You’re not going to them twice a season, as you would in Scotland. There’s a freshness to the whole thing.”
Diamond’s enthusiasm is understandable after what was a sour end to his long Aberdeen career. For seven years he played in the first team, initially forming a solid partnership at the back with Russell Anderson but, when the latter left, and the team’s fortunes dipped, Diamond was blamed for much of their haplessness. A deteriorating relationship with the club’s fans, some of whom objected to his Celtic-supporting background, left him determined to pursue his career elsewhere.
He says the culture of football in England is not informed by the same negativity. Journalists are more positive, fans more inclined to back their own players. “A defeat in Scotland is the end of the world with phone-ins and all the rest of it, but down here, it’s more relaxed. You can go and enjoy your football, express yourself. The fans are there to support their team. When a move breaks down, they don’t get on your back as much. That’s when players clam up, and mistakes happen.”
He recalls a recent conversation he had with Lee Miller, the former Aberdeen striker, during the warm-up for a match against Carlisle United. The two of them, chatting near the touchline, agreed that they could not have done the same thing north of the Border without a string of obscenities being hurled in their direction. “There were days in Aberdeen when I didn’t want to go out shopping because I knew that me and my family were going to get negative stuff shouted at us. It happens whether you’re playing well or not. Once you’re out of it, you look back and say to yourself, ‘why did I put myself and my family through that?’ I’d rather be somewhere that I can just enjoy my football.”
Diamond says that he spent two more years at Pittodrie than he would have liked. He fancied a transfer after Jimmy Calderwood departed the manager’s office in 2009, but an ankle injury ruined his next season. When Craig Brown replaced Mark McGhee just over a year ago, Diamond was just as keen to leave. “I said to Craig Brown, ‘if Aberdeen win the Scottish Cup and the league, I would still be leaving because there is always somebody there looking to put you down’.”
A protracted transfer to Hearts was never completed, ostensibly because they were worried about his ankle, but Dickov’s faith in the defender has been rewarded. “If somebody says that you are not fit enough to sign for them, that makes you even more determined to go and prove people wrong. In my six months here, I’ve certainly done that. I’ve been a pick every week for Oldham. It’s just great to have that fire in your belly again, to be looking forward to training, and working with a manager you want to do well for.”
Of course, one game at Anfield does not justify a career move, but it will do for now. The day after Oldham are at Anfield in the FA Cup, Aberdeen will be at Station Park, Forfar, in its Scottish equivalent, a quirk of the draw perhaps, but a juxtaposition that Diamond doesn’t mind dwelling on. “You couldn’t write the script,” he says.

Weekend of March 16th:

Aberdeen vs ICT, Celtic Park, League Cup final.

Northampton Town vs Mansfield Town, Sixfields Stadium, English fourth division.

• Upvote 11

Had to laugh in his first season away he thought he moved to a bigger team just because they drew Liverpool in the FA cup and we drew forfar

Typical logic of an inbred, west coast fuckwit.

If we are extremely generous to your observation and say that's 80 original posters in this thread, then that is 80 out of an average home attandance of 10,000. If you consider that to be representative of the "the fans" then you are of a similar mindset to Diamond.

Aberdeen FC never achieved anything during Zander Diamond's time here so he's not even qualified to make that statement. It is the statement of a loser. He may think he's a winner, and in his younger days he had the raw material to become a winner. But he didn't want it enough. If "the fans" did him down, it was because his performances and his behaviour wasn't up to the standard we expect. Bottom line really, anyone who doesn't want to be here is welcome to leave. But better to do it quietly than point the finger of blame at "the fans" for your exit. He confirmed to all of us that doubted him just how weak of mind he was when he made that statement.

I take no comfort from seeing a once-promising and at one time very popular AFC talent's career go to the dogs. But at the same time I don't really give a toss either. He burned his bridges with "the fans" when he left - in one fell swoop he made more enemies in the support than he ever had in the first place.

On the money again, as your previous post.

Time to pull out a Google Maps Streetview tour of Zander's new home.

The public Toilets seem to have a bit of an 'Overgrown with weeds and featuring a prominent lurker' motif. Obviously the face has been blurred for legal reasons, but expect to see this lad watching you intently as you access the underground toilets. There would appear to be no obvious escape route from the subterranean shitters, so if the lurker follows you into the bogs you're not slipping out the back door before he tries slipping in your back door.

"Feel free to make use of our lovely public restrooms, and don't forget to file a police report if you find yourself violently sodomised and weeping uncontrollably in a puddle of your own shit and anus blood." Northampton City Council

Public_Toilets_small.jpgBog_Lurker.jpg

Northampton's schools are amongst the best in the United Kingdom... assuming the criteria for 'best' involves number of smashed and boarded up windows and trees growing out of the classrooms. If you have children you can feel confident that Northampton schools are the premier places of learning, if by learning we mean learning to huff glue, vandalise shit, and climb trees that are growing out of the classrooms.

school.jpg

If big piles of sand is something that is relevant to your interests then you won't be disappointed by Northampton. Northampton boasts some of the worlds most average sized piles of sand in the world. Pile of sand experts have long made the pilgrimage to Northampton to study, measure, and research Northampton's piles of sand. FUN FACT: In 1987 Northampton officially had the 12th highest number of piles of sand (per capita) in the East Midlands. A number that is only going to increase over time, or remain static. Or possibly decrease.

sand.jpg

Dogs are allowed in Northampton, but we do insist that when your dog has a keech you pick that keech up with a thin, easily ripped plastic glove at the exact moment the Google Maps Streetview vehicle drives past and snaps a picture. So when you tell all your friends, "Hey! I'm on Google Streetview!" and they go and look at you, they see a picture of you handling a fresh, warm dogshit... while your mutt looks on thinking, "Yeah, that's right... pick up my shit, fucker. Pick it all up."

dogshit.jpgbigdog.jpg

Hey! Do YOU play football to an amateur or Sunday League standard? Well you're in luck, because Northampton has a football club teetering on the very edge of full time soccer, down at the very bottom of what is considered 'professional' football. We may not be very good, but we do allow pretty much anyone with a pair of football boots to try out for us. Our nickname is The Cobblers... because we are... we're fucking cobblers. Still our stadium is also a greenhouse. This means we can grow potatoes, so we have something to lift at the end of the year.

greenhouse.jpg

Do you like to swim? Well we have a river in Northampton.. the Nene. Unfortunately you can't actually swim there, because the local chemical companies dump toxic shit into the river, poisoning the fish, killing 100% of water shrimps, water snails, mayflies, leeches and pond skaters, and giving rise to birth defects in humans that make local people look like they're from Wick. On the plus side, in 1996 there was a day on which less than 50 people complained about the chemical stench coming from the water supplied by the Nene, a record low number of complaints about the river Nene, down from the annual average of approximately 300 daily complaints.

pollution.jpg

On the plus side, there's a massive, fuck off Carlsberg brewery in Northampton, so if your career path has led you from the top of Scottish football and European football to the depths of the English Fourth Division when you should be at the peak of your game, you can just toddle along to the brewery and get shit faced night after night on the free rejected beer that they hand out to the feeckie drinkers in discrete 1 gallon containers, and regail your fellow dregs of society with tales of how you repaid the club that put you on the European stage by posting a picture of yourself in a wee Celtic party hat, blowing out the candles on your Celtic birthday cake, and beaming into the camera as though to say, "Fuck you Aberdeen! Fuck all y'all!"

Aye, well you're not so clever now.

carls.jpg

• Upvote 13

Diamond put in some good performances for Burton Albion until he was injured and hasn't had many games recently. According to reports he had an impressive debut at the weekend for Northampton.

He should never have agreed to those photos of the Celtic birthday cake. He has suffered ever since. No way back from that.

This. He is a good defender and I'm sure he would do well for us now under DM.

This. He is a good defender and I'm sure he would do well for us now under DM.

Prepare yourself for the absolute pelters that are about to follow this ludicrous comment.

Diamond was young, raw and enthusiastic when he first broke through. Andersons influence was the main reason he had some early success. However, it all began to go to shit for him well before the Celtic photo and the departure. After Anderson left, watching Diamond play centre half for Aberdeen was like witnessing a live train crash.

@Stoneybloke - Zola was a stand out for Burton. They offered him an extension before he signed for us.

Burton Albion are a big thing here in Calgary lol. In fairness, that when accompanied next Anderson he seemed to do well. He was dire in his last few years for us however I think that he could be potentially a good defender under DM.

Incredible statement, he was dire in his last few years...so what's changed? A good manager can do nothing with a donkey, McInnes wouldn't go near him.