Zander Diamond Released By Oldham

horrible comments from horrible fans

guy who came through our youth system and hes being slaughtered?

what bout maguire eh? doin magic now, so that why you shower of bams arent tryin to slag him?

whats that got to with anything? does this make him immune to criticism?

he came through our youth system and could not wait to head to england for more money and he blatantly flaunted his love of another club in our division.

what exactly is maguire doing thats magic?

• Upvote 2

horrible comments from horrible fans

guy who came through our youth system and hes being slaughtered?

what bout maguire eh? doin magic now, so that why you shower of bams arent tryin to slag him?

So what if he came through our youth system we gave him his chance in football yet he was more interested in Celtic big lanky useless cunt anyway

well, we should support our own, no?

whats maguire doing thats magic?

good one

what, like mcginn is you mean?

did you EVER see diamond not celebrate when scoring against celtic?

he went MENTAL!

he's not one of out own though, he's a celtic fan who was paid well for his time here at AFC, we owe him nothing just as he owes us nothing.

are you going to answer the question regarding maguire or not? I don't follow his progress because I have no reason too

• Upvote 1

well, we should support our own, no?

whats maguire doing thats magic?

good one

what, like mcginn is you mean?

did you EVER see diamond not celebrate when scoring against celtic?

he went MENTAL!

And yet you slate Russell Anderson....

maguire is absolutely loved by sheff wed fans, who cant believe previous manager dave jones shunned him

i dont slate him, i DID slate him earlier in the season when he looked ropey, yes. why shouldnt i?

was about the time he got bulled by kris boyd

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Diamond was a good player for a while, especially during the UEFA Cup campaign, but then went downhill fast after Calderwood left. His good rapport with the Dons fans turned sour with the whole "pope mobile" saga and his performances got worse. Thought he was getting a bumper offer at Hearts who turned him down, we didn't offer him a deal and now in League Two. Serves him right.

Joe Shaughnessy reminds me a lot of Diamond when he was first breaking through, both tall lanky defenders that had/have a raw talent. Joe will have learnt a lot through working with Anderson, as did Diamond. The problem was that our team at the time got filled with players like Mark Fucking Kerr who were the footballing equivalent of testicle aids. Under the right guidance Diamond might have become a very good player...hopefully something that Shaughnessy will become in time, although he's wasted at RB as he's more of a CB.

Joe Shaughnessy reminds me a lot of Diamond when he was first breaking through, both tall lanky defenders that had/have a raw talent. Joe will have learnt a lot through working with Anderson, as did Diamond. The problem was that our team at the time got filled with players like Mark Fucking Kerr who were the footballing equivalent of testicle aids. Under the right guidance Diamond might have become a very good player...hopefully something that Shaughnessy will become in time, although he's wasted at RB as he's more of a CB.

Diamond had no chance as he was never technically gifted to any extent. He turned down advice from Willie Miller and was more concerned about which club he was going to get parayletic in after the match.

Diamond had no chance as he was never technically gifted to any extent. He turned down advice from Willie Miller and was more concerned about which club he was going to get parayletic in after the match.

This could have been helped by not having cunts around him. Having Reynolds, Anderson, Robson and Flood a team back then he'd maybe have made something of his career.

This could have been helped by not having cunts around him. Having Reynolds, Anderson, Robson and Flood a team back then he'd maybe have made something of his career.

Nah, he was just always shite.

He looked ok when he was younger as he had a will to win attitude and was happy to put his coupon in the way of a boot. He still makes the same mistakes now as he did then.

I used to love Diamond in his first few seasons. Mind you, I was only 10 or 11 at the time.

Always remember Diamond having a brilliant season after Anderson left. Looked like he'd properly matured. Pity the rest of the defence were so poor that season.

If I remember correctly, he got injured at the start of McGhee's tenure, didn't he? Missed the Sigma disaster, returned for the Celtic game and got injured in that? Was his next appearance not at Tynecastle off the bench in the 3-0 win there January 2010? I do remember almost the entire stand at the Raith cup game where Casper equalised late on chanting Diamond's name as he came on...as a striker.

Was never the same from then on. A shade of his former self (if his former self was ever that good).

He's not held back much in what he's said about Aberdeen since he's left.

what, in the negatory?

Was there not an article published not long after he joined Oldham where he went off on one regarding the treatment from the fans, that how by the time it came to the end of his Dons career they weren't as nice to him as they had been at the start? Then there's been the stuff about slagging off the league in general, and what he was saying about Aberdeen as a city, which didn't really reflect too well on him.

As you point out though, he was complementary to the club in what he said to Zola, but then maybe there was a reason for that...

erm, no

he never slagged fans off and wasa actually very complimentary, eve when interviewed about zola signing

Zander Diamond didn't have the character required to thrive at Aberdeen FC. I seem to recall the quote at the time he left was "I told the manager we could win the league and the cup, I'd still be leaving because the fans are always trying to do you down."

"The fans". Sweeping generalisation. A vocal minority maybe, but Diamond's relationship with the fans at Aberdeen FC had definitely turned through a series of poor performances, loose talk in the media (talk a good game and then go and do something stupid), and his continual failure to learn that tims v prods (the popemobile thing) doesn't hold any sway in NE Scotland.

Diamond's career was doomed to failure because he was too thick to learn from his mistakes and too thick to realise he missed his chance to become a really good defender because of his poor personal discipline.

Zander Diamond never grew up while playing for Aberdeen. He never developed the independence of thought required to see through the "boo-boys" and become a Dons stalwart, nor to rise above the sectarian back-slapping tittle-tattle he was brought up in.

• Upvote 3

Zander Diamond didn't have the character required to thrive at Aberdeen FC. I seem to recall the quote at the time he left was "I told the manager we could win the league and the cup, I'd still be leaving because the fans are always trying to do you down."

"The fans". Sweeping generalisation. A vocal minority maybe, but Diamond's relationship with the fans at Aberdeen FC had definitely turned through a series of poor performances, loose talk in the media (talk a good game and then go and do something stupid), and his continual failure to learn that tims v prods (the popemobile thing) doesn't hold any sway in NE Scotland.

Diamond's career was doomed to failure because he was too thick to learn from his mistakes and too thick to realise he missed his chance to become a really good defender because of his poor personal discipline.

Zander Diamond never grew up while playing for Aberdeen. He never developed the independence of thought required to see through the "boo-boys" and become a Dons stalwart, nor to rise above the sectarian back-slapping tittle-tattle he was brought up in.

Sums up Diamond perfectly.