Zander Diamond Released By Oldham

Wasn't taken in bad taste, it was said in bad taste. Very naff comment...

Lighten up pal...the drop was less than the length of the bed sheets he had round his neck...cry for help at best...some drink money from the papers at worst...Deano was a star and would have had a laugh at it when he'd sobered/wised up!

haha ah, the responses here are unbelievable

guy that came through our youth ranks, played countless games for us...

and hes getting ripped on here

might interest you no marks to know that diamond was made captain down there and was very much a success

morons

Once again you show your true, Weegie-centric, colours. He bad-mouthed us and deserves no sympathy whatsoever.

Sorry mt, but diamond was a poor poor player. He looked good for one season and then turned into a nightmare of a centre half who blamed everyone else for his mistakes.

The fact that he came through the ranks makes what he said about the club and fans all the worse.

he was made captain of oldham after a few games and they have said they wanted to keep him

you also thought maguire was "pish", yet he got RAVE reviews and was critically acclaimed at portsmouth

i worry about you considering you apparently are so into youth

Still harking back to the old JC team eh? Not moved on yet?

he was made captain of oldham after a few games and they have said they wanted to keep him

you also thought maguire was "pish", yet he got RAVE reviews and was critically acclaimed at portsmouth

Wow, their respective careers have taken them where?

And its all beside the point. I don't particularly care for either of them and whatever no mark club that they end up at. While in the employ of AFC, they were pish, with even pisher attitudes. Of that there can be no denial.

see what i mean?

para

i mentioned 2 players and someone else brings it back to jc...even tho if u fastfoeward 30 messages...itll be me gettin the blame for it

Except I didn't bring it back to JC- I said JC's team. And looks like you are hovering about this thread looking for an argument over the same old shit as always.

I'm not going to apologise for stating the facts here. If you don't like it why not move on to things a bit more current? There is plenty of other chat going on.

• Posted by boundaryblue80 on 1/5/2012, 12:13 pm, in reply to "
Re: zander diamond"
User logged in as boundaryblue80

I'm not as concerned at losing Diamond as I am the circumstances it's happened under. Diamond was average. Made mistakes. Was what we could afford. Now he isn't what we can afford.

• Posted by Athletico_Blues on 1/5/2012, 12:25 pm, in reply to "
User logged in as Athletico_Blues

I didnt think he was worth the money spent on him.

• Posted by crazycaz on 1/5/2012, 4:47 pm, in reply to "
User logged in as crazycaz

Diamonds gone due to finances and if he had played one more game we would have had to give him a new contract.

Not a fan of SPL players and he wasn't brilliant. rather try and get Brown on a season long loan, Clarke will want too much wages wise thats why we didn't go in for him before he went to Burt.

They don't care he's leaving hardly RAVE reviews... Oldham a cash strapped league 1 team... that's how pish he is lolceltic.gif

why the fuck should i?

im entitled to an opinion like everyone else is

to say maguire was "shite for aberdeen" is an absolute joke

Because there is a lot more to things than JC this, JC that.

Who says your not entitled to an opinion?

And if you have an opinion on anything other than JC, his teams and fav players and why not share it beyond the odd comment here or there on whatever. Lets hear it.

I think what you and a few others fail to accept is that having an opinion isn't really of any interest or value at all unless you understand when to state it and when to keep to the discussion in hand. Repeating the same opinion over and over and over in every thread remotely related is rightly going to attract abuse.

Redstar is a master of this of course. Perhaps you are getting jealous and feel the need to show who is the AFC Chat king of repetitive shite?

Utter pish V for Vendetta. The guy didn't bring up JC or his team and you somehow turn it into him going on about "JC this, JC that"

Pretty par for the course on this forum. Plenty of people bring up JC in a negative way such as you right here and love the anti-JC circle jerk but this is the other side of that. Bringing him up and then having a go at others who don't join in the group think anti-JC mantra..

Milltertime may or may not be an arse but this kind of behaviour from you here and others, is just as bad if not worse because it's decidedly two-faced.

sheer fallacy

aberdonians, by defiintion, are weak

I can't believe you said that. You have just pissed off every Aberdonian on this board.

Zanders priority was to play for Celtic. He didn't care about AFC as proved by his Celtic supporting antics. Sure everyone supports a club but he threw it in peoples faces.

Millertime, do you support Aberdeen or weegies that are connected with Aberdeen?

He was only ever so vociferous in the support of Lee Miller, due to the so called striker's surname being the same as his, which coincided with his "Millertime" name on the back of his replica AFC strip.

He was only ever so vociferous in the support of Lee Miller, due to the so called striker's surname being the same as his, which coincided with his "Millertime" name on the back of his replica AFC strip.

Full name Lee Adamson Miller

Date of birth 18 May 1983 (age 28)

Place of birth Lanark, Scotland

:sherlock:

Wow, their respective careers have taken them where?

While in the employ of AFC, they were pish, with even pisher attitudes. Of that there can be no denial.

Maguire had a pish attitude but to say he was pish for AFC is a load of rubbish.

Like him or loathe him we miss him (or the fact that he wasn't adequately replaced) and looked more likely to score a goal with him in the team than without him in the team. Fuck me, give me him over Fallon, Challali, Paton, Magenniss, Uchetchi, Mackie or Megginson any day of the week please, at least he had a bit of ability and could create something.

Diamond ultimately turned out to be pish but the Celtic supporting nonsense aside he had a good attitude up until the end of his time here and has shown us nothing but disregard since he left and for that more than anything the stick he is now getting is justified.....

Maguire had a pish attitude but to say he was pish for AFC is a load of rubbish.

Like him or loathe him we miss him (or the fact that he wasn't adequately replaced) and looked more likely to score a goal with him in the team than without him in the team. Fuck me, give me him over Fallon, Challali, Paton, Magenniss, Uchetchi, Mackie or Megginson any day of the week please, at least he had a bit of ability and could create something.

Diamond ultimately turned out to be pish but the Celtic supporting nonsense aside he had a good attitude up until the end of his time here and has shown us nothing but disregard since he left and for that more than anything the stick he is now getting is justified.....

Agree with most of this. Particular the point about adequately replacing players, Aluko, Maguire, Mcnamee, Smith and Diamond were not properly replaced.

I liked diamond, 100 times better than Mawene. Wouldnt mind at all if diamond came back up.

Agree with most of this. Particular the point about adequately replacing players, Aluko, Maguire, Mcnamee, Smith and Diamond were not properly replaced.

I liked diamond, 100 times better than Mawene. Wouldnt mind at all if diamond came back up.

Agree with Aluko, Maguire, McNamee and Smith not being replaced but Malwene / Renolds / Anderson have more than adequately replaced Diamond.

Diamond was never 100 times better than Malwene though and you must be fishing with your last statement!

No, it's nae. If he was so good he would never have been punted out on loan. He had a handful of decent games in his last season, nothing more.

I agree with having him in the team before all the others mentioned above though, but that is more a slight on their ability, or lack thereof, than Maguire being good enough.