Spiken Sh*t

Guest SS RED

Particularly with regards to tennis betting.

:hysterical: Apart from this years Wimbledon, the French Open and pretty much all the majors last season!

In fairness, when I picked out Cilic to have a good run, there were a few waiting in the wings - I was amazed that a couple of posts popped when he went behind by a set! Quick off the mark, even by the Hat standards! Very quiet after that though!

• Upvote 1

:hysterical: Apart from this years Wimbledon, the French Open and pretty much all the majors last season!

In fairness, when I picked out Cilic to have a good run, there were a few waiting in the wings - I was amazed that a couple of posts popped when he went behind by a set! Quick off the mark, even by the Hat standards! Very quiet after that though!

When you picked out Cilic to have a good run, it was Tuesday of the second week, he was in the quarter finals already on a side of the draw that opened up. Go you!

When you picked out Cilic to have a good run, it was Tuesday of the second week, he was in the quarter finals already on a side of the draw that opened up. Go you!

Thanks mate! ... but I'd already taken the complete lack of vitriol sent in my direct, in that thread, as a sign of gratitude! Quite a few other examples I could pick out too!

I'm amazed folk hang off the throwaway comments I make in the tennis section, of a football forum, desperate for me to say something that could be construed as an incorrect prediction.

Thanks mate! ... but I'd already taken the complete lack of vitriol sent in my direct, in that thread, as a sign of gratitude! Quite a few other examples I could pick out too!

I'm amazed folk hang off the throwaway comments I make in the tennis section, of a football forum, desperate for me to say something that could be construed as an incorrect prediction.

You clearly get wound up by it, that is why folk continue... :)

What is really amazing is how defensive you are about your incorrect predictions.

• 4 weeks later...

I read with sadness that my old high school [YES: I went to a high school & YES that was in the highlands of Scotland] will now close at lunch time on Friday [12:30].

I think that this effect took place from August this year and was related to the new school curriculum - though I suspect it has more to do with teachers having more paperwork than before.

This change actually made me feel really down.

In my day; '93-'99 Friday afternoons were 'activities' time where pupils could select non-curricular activities [sports/crafts drama etc] to do for a two month period. It was mostly good fun and helped to humanize the place a bit as well as giving people the chance to try new things as well as develop their skills.

That's all stopped now.

Did your old high school /academy / college [or whatever you called the place where you had secondary education] have activities time on Friday afternoons or was our place [a state school] special?

Also, for those of you with children or in education yourselves - have there been any other changes brought in recently?

Thank you.