Peter Pawlett

Pawlett was offered a new deal by Aberdeen but is ready to reject that to try his luck South of the border.

McInnes said: Its been indicated that Peter will probably sign a pre-contract with MK Dons, something weve aware of for the last couple of weeks.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/aberdeen-boss-mcinnes-confirms-peter-pawlett-set-to-move-to-mk-dons/?utm_content=buffere251a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Pawlett ...will go

McGinn . will go ( More than likely )

Taylor ....will go ( More than likely )

Jack .......will go ( More than likely )

Revamp of squad needed for next season.

Hence my point if I thought we could go into the close season with "just" those 4 to replace I could deal with it. If it's less than those 4 (I.e. 2 of them sign) then fantastic. Lewis, the two full backs, our new midfield general, our creative Midfielder and our dangerous winger would all cut a bigger hole in us if they were lost, imho.

Pawlett was offered a new deal by Aberdeen but is ready to reject that to try his luck South of the border.

McInnes said: “It’s been indicated that Peter will probably sign a pre-contract with MK Dons, something we’ve aware of for the last couple of weeks.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/aberdeen-boss-mcinnes-confirms-peter-pawlett-set-to-move-to-mk-dons/?utm_content=buffere251a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Pawlett ...will go

McGinn . will go ( More than likely )

Taylor ....will go ( More than likely )

Jack .......will go ( More than likely )

Revamp of squad needed for next season.

squads/teams have a lifecycle (as do managers) if bringing in the new blood replacing the 3 or 4 that leave refreshes the squad and manager its a positive in some ways, you don't want staleness or overly comfortable.

If McGinn (&/or Jack) do sign a pre contract with anyone anytime soon. Just how much "effort" would they put in for us for the remainder of the season knowing they are sorted anyway. Especially in McGinns case.

They're professional footballers, any visibility of them slacking and the manager would drop them, they'd lose match fitness, their new clubs wouldn't be impressed.

I take it when our players state that nothing has been sorted out ref their contract they mean their agents are trying to get more money out of Aberdeen.

Some of our players believe the hype and think they are better than what they are.

If I was in charge of signing players I would say take it or leave it..... you are not Lionel Messi.

Some of our players need a reality check.

:tommy:

I take it when our players state that nothing has been sorted out ref their contract they mean their agents are trying to get more money out of Aberdeen.

Some of our players believe the hype and think they are better than what they are.

If I was in charge of signing players I would say take it or leave it..... you are not Lionel Messi.

Some of our players need a reality check.

:tommy:

Then they'll fuck off to Derby, Huddersfield, Wigan etc.

:rolleyes:

We've been the 2nd best team in Scotland with a few changes every season, this summer will be no different. Don't worry about things you will never be able to change.

Agree on the point that it is good to turnover some of the squad to avoid having a staleness.

We won't know if losing Pawlett is a blow until we see how his replacement gets on.

Looking doubtful for the other three. Would love McGinn to stay less bothered about the others.

I would question whether Jack would make it in England - I'd guess he'd be back up the road after a couple years like Fyvie

Pawlett leaving is a massive mistake by him

Fixed that for you (ftfy)

MK Dons are shit. Despite the hype English League One is not all that. MK Dons are probably the level of Motherwell (post-McGhee). He'll never play in a cup final or semi-final, he'll never play in Europe. The biggest game he'll play in will be a "derby" v AFC Wimbledon or drawing a big team in the cup where he gets to do an interview with the Evening Express under the headline "Tie with Liverpool proves I was right to move to England" - basically the ones with get from Zander Diamond.

His career will fizzle out until eventually he'll he linked with a loan move to Inverness Caley Thistle at the age of 36.

It's a step down from Aberdeen. If he gets more money then fair play, that'll soften the blow for playing for MK Dons.

Fixed that for you (ftfy)

MK Dons are shit. Despite the hype English League One is not all that. MK Dons are probably the level of Motherwell (post-McGhee). He'll never play in a cup final or semi-final, he'll never play in Europe. The biggest game he'll play in will be a "derby" v AFC Wimbledon or drawing a big team in the cup where he gets to do an interview with the Evening Express under the headline "Tie with Liverpool proves I was right to move to England" - basically the ones with get from Zander Diamond.

His career will fizzle out until eventually he'll he linked with a loan move to Inverness Caley Thistle at the age of 36.

It's a step down from Aberdeen. If he gets more money then fair play, that'll soften the blow for playing for MK Dons.

The thing is, he isn't playing for us regularly. He may want to play more. He's not getting any younger. Mcinnes may have told him he's not going to be a starter.

Realistically, whatever club he moves to will be smaller than the famous

The thing is, he isn't playing for us regularly. He may want to play more. He's not getting any younger. Mcinnes may have told him he's not going to be a starter.

Realistically, whatever club he moves to will be smaller than the famous

Mcinnes will be away in the summer. He should have signed a one-year extension and taken over from Jack as captain under Michael O'Neill.

Mcinnes will be away in the summer. He should have signed a one-year extension and taken over from Jack as captain under Michael O'Neill.

You should stick to stadium chat.

Pawlett wasn't ever quite good enough. Showed only brief glimpses of any real capability, expect he'll disappear into obscurity.

Can get a better replacement in I think.

• Upvote 3

You should stick to stadium chat.

Pawlett wasn't ever quite good enough. Showed only brief glimpses of any real capability, expect he'll disappear into obscurity.

Can get a better replacement in I think.

Correct. I remember Panda touting him as our main ball-winning central midfielder! :hysterical:

He's been a good impact player in his time at Aberdeen, but as other have said, no consistency. That's not surprising really, when you (a) play with your head down and (b) suffer from poor decision making and game awareness. When you lack these qualities, it's no surprise that Pawlett has been unable to maintain any level of consistency.

Quite simply, he's not good enough to start regularly for Aberdeen FC. Probably going to be too expensive to retain as a bench player, so best all round that he leaves. Back McInnes to source a hungry young player, who wouldn't be as expensive, as a replacement by July.

Was a 'squad player' who I liked having around but replaceable. No issue with his decision, he's a local lad so I guess he's spent his whole life in the North East apart from when he was really young so don't grudge him wanting to go and live and play somewhere else. Hope he does well.