Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

2 hours ago, Howard Marks said:

This is an online message board. The forum is called the pub and folk were having a general chit chat back and forth. During conversation in a pub do you come armed with a briefcase full of data to back up your points for every conversation? You seem like you'd demand met office data when chatting about the weather.

Regarding the housing market, the information is out there. It is a fact. Just because you have to do a bit of work to decipher it, doesn't mean that the data isn't there. Here's another tool for you - The Scottish EPC Register. This should tell you the size and style of every property on the market for sale or rental purposes for the past 15 years or so. Fairly easy to cross reference this with the other data banks.

Would you care to provide evidence to back up your point of view, since you are so certain that we are talking shite? You've already suggested that you can't really make out the types of properties that the data banks are referring to do, yet you are speaking with such authority on the subject.

You're yabbering on about unicorns which suggests that you're in a bit too deep with this one. I'm away for a long walk with the dog.

FFS stated that prices in Aberdeen are lower because, there are more flats than other places. There is no way to ascertain that from sales data. 

If there is please do and prove the point that can’t be proven.

Your unionist bum chum was talking shite, get over it. 

23 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

FFS stated that prices in Aberdeen are lower because, there are more flats than other places. There is no way to ascertain that from sales data. 

Likewise you cannot disprove it either so best go fuck yourself.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, styrofoamplates said:

Fascinating viewing. Surprising that there were a few tidy birds in that video. I’ve only been out in Aberdeen about three times in the last 15 years so so and it’s usually full of horrorshows. 

Cunt surely has the camera strapped to his tadger, the fuckin' angle he's shootin' at.

29 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Cunt surely has the camera strapped to his tadger, the fuckin' angle he's shootin' at.

It also surely can’t be legal. You surely can’t be firing about town filming randoms and posting it online without their consent. 

5 minutes ago, Fridge said:

It also surely can’t be legal. You surely can’t be firing about town filming randoms and posting it online without their consent. 

You can.  Pretty much anything you can see in a public place you can photograph. 

There's legislation that covers up-skirt and sexually orientated stuff like that but you don't need permission to photograph folk and bang it on-line.

3 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

You can.  Pretty much anything you can see in a public place you can photograph. 

There's legislation that covers up-skirt and sexually orientated stuff like that but you don't need permission to photograph folk and bang it on-line.

I’m sure you are correct as I don’t know the law, nor will need to, but I would have though if I was hypothetically to film some hot bird walking past me and post it online it would be illegal.

3 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I’m sure you are correct as I don’t know the law, nor will need to, but I would have though if I was hypothetically to film some hot bird walking past me and post it online it would be illegal.

I am correct.  It's not at all  illegal unless as I said you're doin' up-skirt type stuff. 

I do know the law.  I'm a photographer (and a deviant😂).

4 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

In terms of the article that triggered the discussion, the amount of flats needing a fair bit of work getting sold at low prices is skewing the perception that Aberdeen is cheap for first time buyers. I never suggested that Aberdeen has a higher proportion of flats compared to other cities, rather I was agreeing that the amount of low priced flats going through as sold compared to other cities is providing a distorted view.

I think you're arguing with yourself... If you really want to know what the housing stock mix is in Aberdeen you could either - 

1. Request the information from the Council.

Or

2. Physically count the properties yourself.

Simples. I really don't care what the ratio of flats to houses in Aberdeen are. Let me know how you get on though. 

@For Fecks Sake is it always like this with this chap?

1 hour ago, Howard Marks said:

In terms of the article that triggered the discussion, the amount of flats needing a fair bit of work getting sold at low prices is skewing the perception that Aberdeen is cheap for first time buyers. I never suggested that Aberdeen has a higher proportion of flats compared to other cities, rather I was agreeing that the amount of low priced flats going through as sold compared to other cities is providing a distorted view.

I think you're arguing with yourself... If you really want to know what the housing stock mix is in Aberdeen you could either - 

Or

Simples. I really don't care what the ratio of flats to houses in Aberdeen are. Let me know how you get on though. 

@Howard Marks
Well he's just bitter as he obviously missed out on the North East housing boom and now spends his time smoking fuck knows what in his room below the stairs, seeing at everyone and everything from his Fort William abode like a shite Harry Potter but without the talent.

He has his good moments as well, but these are unfortunately few and far between.

Was just walking up Albyn Place heard an irrational wifie on her phone saying she was outside the music hall to a taxi driver. Did the noble thing and said let me speak to him  told him is she fuck she is at the bus stop across from the Albyn and I’ll wait with her.

Fuck knows why she thought she was there, nor why I am such a nice person to get involved in these situations.

Care in the community.

On 6/4/2023 at 6:10 PM, Howard Marks said:

Or

Aye I'm just a wee cunt. Every city has flats like that, I'll leave it be now....

9 hours ago, Fridge said:

Was just walking up Albyn Place heard an irrational wifie on her phone saying she was outside the music hall to a taxi driver. Did the noble thing and said let me speak to him  told him is she fuck she is at the bus stop across from the Albyn and I’ll wait with her.

Fuck knows why she thought she was there, nor why I am such a nice person to get involved in these situations.

Care in the community.

Did you give her one while you waited?