Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

53 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Dropped Mrs FFS in town tonight and went for a drive up Union Street (avoiding bus gates and deliveroo / just eats cunts on those moped bike things).

Highlight was driving past The Foundry and seeing the clientele in all their glory. Fucking hell....... 😆

What pub is she heading to min?

22 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Is Highlander the kilt guy with the drizabone rain mac and the barra? 

Yes. Looks like Pete Postlethwaite in Alien 3.

One of those characters you always ponder over for about 3 minutes when you see him. Wonder what his hoose looks like? I imagine a sort of mashup of Mad Max: Road Warrior and Hellraiser, but with Andy Stewart tunes blaring out of it as the postie legs it out the driveway.

3 hours ago, Fridge said:

I just had a wander just now.

Best thing to do is to blow the whole place up, shoot all the councillors @Police and start again

Fucking joke it’s got this bad.

It's been extra mental the past two days. Friday had these two specimens, woman and man (using the terms loosely) screaming at each other on the road on Union Street, outside the Royal Bank of Scotland next to St Nicholas Square. Police were just casual with them, I was thinking, "just get the cuffs on these cunts, intae the hooly van, down the station, rubber hose, cell, decompress ya cunts," but the kid gloves approach is a joke, talking to these goblins like they deserve sympathy, scaring everyone, stinking of sour milk, piss and despair. 

That fucking stripped down market doesn't help, makes the city centre look like Yugoslavia after Bill Clinton went ape-shit on it in his post-blowjob rage-a-thon.

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Dropped Mrs FFS in town tonight and went for a drive up Union Street (avoiding bus gates and deliveroo / just eats cunts on those moped bike things).

Highlight was driving past The Foundry and seeing the clientele in all their glory. Fucking hell....... 😆

That place is fucking mental. Makes outback Australia bars look like David Niven's French Riviera cocktail lounge.

Me and my mates were once in there and out of nowhere, this fucking psycho-mong challenges one of us to a fight. We were like, "eh? Where did you come from? A fight?" he seemed to just emerge from the plasterboard. Unreal. He went away, but then we saw him again, talking to other folk. Fuck me, I remember when that was Rollerland. Simpler times. Up the Uptown Baths, split yer heid doing a swan dive off the top board, into the Odeon to see the latest Police Academy movie, try to avoid drowning in the flooded bogs, into Rollerland to get molested by that skinny guy who looked like Roy Aitken with AIDS, then go up the Joke Factory to be told that stink bombs have been banned by the bored-as-fuck guy who ran it. Simpler times, simpler times.

Footage curtesy of the Sir James Vincent Saville Estate.

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I think the hate is overstated. They’ve done a good job with union terrace gardens and marischal square bitty is nice. Union street market is undergoing a revamp along with the surrounding area. It’ll all come up millhouse soon enough. 

It's the people who need revamping. Greggs mushroom pies need to get magical, open up the minds of the soulless mongos shuffling about. 

I've been hearing that over in that America, a "non-purchasing tsunami" is underway, with people not spending their money, they have no disposable income, and this is folk on $80,000 per year. Same will happen here.          Pimpin' ain't easy, folks, pimpin' ain't easy...

On 9/2/2023 at 10:01 PM, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

That place is fucking mental. Makes outback Australia bars look like David Niven's French Riviera cocktail lounge.

Me and my mates were once in there and out of nowhere, this fucking psycho-mong challenges one of us to a fight. We were like, "eh? Where did you come from? A fight?" he seemed to just emerge from the plasterboard. Unreal. He went away, but then we saw him again, talking to other folk. Fuck me, I remember when that was Rollerland. Simpler times. Up the Uptown Baths, split yer heid doing a swan dive off the top board, into the Odeon to see the latest Police Academy movie, try to avoid drowning in the flooded bogs, into Rollerland to get molested by that skinny guy who looked like Roy Aitken with AIDS, then go up the Joke Factory to be told that stink bombs have been banned by the bored-as-fuck guy who ran it. Simpler times, simpler times.

Footage curtesy of the Sir James Vincent Saville Estate.

looks like the Rollerland round from Barneys that one

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Fridge said:

I never went to rollerland would have probably broke my ankle.

Mind when there was few boys used to go ice skating apparently a great place for getting a bird.

Would have probably broke my ankle trying that aswell.

Friday night ice disco was a goldmine as a youth.  Pull a bird and take her up Broadhill for a fumble.

Terrific days.

18 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I fell and cracked my head off the ice in my one futile attempt at ice skating. ( Finnieston ice rink) .

Could have died. 

It’s best not getting involved in these things in my opinion, birds apart. Why would anyone anyone play ice hockey / go sky diving / paragliding.

Just have a pint and watch the football.

12 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Should.

I was at work with flat shoes, unbeknown to me it would be sheer ice coming home.

Made about a roughly 15 min walk home by walking on the road etc got right to my front door and then slipped and cracked my heid. Walked it off and went for a beer from the fridge.

Probably where some of the pish I spout on here comes from.

2 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I was at work with flat shoes, unbeknown to me it would be sheer ice coming home.

Made about a roughly 15 min walk home by walking on the road etc got right to my front door and then slipped and cracked my heid. Walked it off and went for a beer from the fridge.

Probably where some of the pish I spout on here comes from.

You even buy yourself a beer.  Hope you appreciated it.