Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

In shadows deep, where @Simply Red decreed, A realm devoid of verses, a poet's desperate need. He sought to banish poems to a darkened space, A place where words would vanish, leaving empty grace.

But @dave_min and Howard Marks arose, Campaigning 'gainst the darkness that @Simply Red chose. In poetic resistance, they waged their sweet sweet fight, For verses held a magic, an enchanting light.

In stanzas bold, they spoke of beauty untold, Of emotions woven, in words, pure gold. Against the tyranny of Red's austere demand, They rallied poets, creating a united stand.

With metaphors and rhymes, they painted the sky, A canvas of rebellion, where words would never die. In the end, victory's sweetness filled the air, As @Simply Red's decree crumbled in despair.

Poetry triumphed, banishing darkness away, for @dave_min and Howard Marks, a triumphant day. In the realm of words, where emotions unfurl, Sweet sweet victory, a testament to the poet's world.

• Thanks 1
  • Dildo 3
9 hours ago, Dons79 said:

A scone and tea at half past 3, makes the day a little brighter, so keep your cakes and fancy tarts, and stick them up your shiter.

With a twinkle in our eyes and the kettle's sweet song, In Premier Inn's comfort, where we all belong. Lenny Henry, a mate with stories so grand, Scones and tea, in our hands, across the land.

(Chorus) Hoist the anchor, raise the sail, in Premier Inn we dine, At half past 3, scone and tea, with Lenny, quite divine. Cozy in our haven, where laughter sets the scene, A shanty of scones, in Premier Inn so serene.

In cozy corners, where the kettle's whistle calls, Savoring scones, within these inn walls. Lenny's wit and humor, a perfect blend, In Premier Inn's embrace, where friendships extend.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, sigh said:

the footfall that markies generates though will be lost, meaning less and less folk popping into town which has a knock on effect to everywhere else

Hardly lost, you’ll now have to take the even shorter walk to Union Square.

15 hours ago, Poodler said:

Pal just telt me the Foundry charge £2 for a game of pool (and you can use your card)

how can the price of pool go up? #brokenbritain 

Deary me, £2 for a game of pool and paying for it by debit or credit card. Unacceptable. :nono:

Changed days from using the same 50p bit to get an afternoon session of pool or snooker on the same table in the boozer.

50 minutes ago, JumboJET said:

Aberdeen is more of Lidl/ Netto city nowadays.

Lidl's food is truly awful. 

My former landlady in the Bridge of Don served me chicken in a white sauce fae Lidl's when I moved into my lodgings. I wouldn't even have given it to a malnourished hobo, it was that bad.

Maybe she was trying to tell me something.....

....only stayed there for 6 weeks.