Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

Guest milne_afc
45 minutes ago, daytripping said:

What's the E situation in the deen these days? Bird from my long past rave days is back on the go, has suggested it might be a laugh to dunt some?

I’ve had 10 in the drawer for a few months. Might start a collection @Captain Caveman, but willing to let you have some of them.

36 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

I took a third of an ecto (circa a month ago) and I was fucked 

doubt the ABZ ones are as potent 

at least you’ll be able to ride til the cows come home @daytripping

Nae bother on that score, I'm usually on my phone checking google news uk mid stroke at the best of times. They as strong as snowballs back in the day? @milne_afc

Guest milne_afc
8 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Nae bother on that score, I'm usually on my phone checking google news uk mid stroke at the best of times. They as strong as snowballs back in the day? @milne_afc

Strong as heck apparently. Seller had good feedback and this batch had good reviews.

Ive nae tried them yet so wouldn’t compare with Snabas - lovely things.

Meanwhile the council prick about on union terrace gardens, something that was voted on by the people and funded by Mr Wood till they pulled the plug. Doing up the bogs there and planting a few flowers isn't going to save the city centre. Toilet will be a mecca for drug dealers and poofs, no one in their right mind will go down there to use it. Unless of course  you're after hard drugs or cock.

Government also doing their best to help, keeping us locked down while at the same time running an election campaign that will be urging people to get out and vote. 

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Meanwhile the council prick about on union terrace gardens, something that was voted on by the people and funded by Mr Wood till they pulled the plug. Doing up the bogs there and planting a few flowers isn't going to save the city centre. Toilet will be a mecca for drug dealers and poofs, no one in their right mind will go down there to use it. Unless of course  you're after hard drugs or cock.

Government also doing their best to help, keeping us locked down while at the same time running an election campaign that will be urging people to get out and vote. 

Not a huge fan of the current plans for UTG but they are infinitely better than that prick Woods concrete monstrosity.

PS: The public didn't vote for the design chosen by Wood.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
50 minutes ago, daytripping said:

When they due to open?

Askin' for a friend. 

2 hours ago, daytripping said:

What other council would overturn a public vote and refuse £60 million from Ian Wood.

The gardens needed to be raised to street level so they were safe and also get the sun.

Would have been ideal for office workers sunbathing,concerts,markets etc.

Instead the council are spending the same amount of taxpayers money for a couple of bandstands and new flowers.It's still going to be a dark ,damp shithole that nobody goes near.

1 minute ago, Joe pike said:

What other council would overturn a public vote and refuse £60 million from Ian Wood.

The gardens needed to be raised to street level so they were safe and also get the sun.

Instead the council are spending the same amount of taxpayers money for a couple of bandstands and new flowers.It's still going to be a dark ,damp shithole that nobody goes near.

Yep, should have been raised, will still be empty down there no matter what they do with it. Haven for the scum among us. 

6 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Is it the same amount?

I thought it was £20m

It's always £20m the cooncil say things will cost. 

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Has been for a long time. Ever since Union Square opened it's been on the way down.

The council need to be offering reduced rates or something to entice businesses, shops, restaurants etc back there. 

Chance to reset and create different areas for different things when it comes to leasing retail space. 

Shopping areas,  pubs and restaurants areas, family areas etc. 

Could create a vibe as things start to open up and would change the current spread out nothingness of the city centre. 

Plus reduced rates in big retail units to allow smaller independents to share space would be helpful. 

10 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Well said. Stupid unionist cunts. 

1 minute ago, spamspamspam said:

Is it the same amount?

I thought it was £20m

It's always £20m the cooncil say things will cost. 

Think it was 30 million and now been delayed and over budget.

You can see in from the theatre side and there hardly looks any difference apart from a couple of buildings.

3 minutes ago, ullevi said:

Didn’t Wood say he would give £50 million and the whole development was about £100 million? 

So probably £25 million less for a start and not some concrete jungle with a car park below for some mate of woods to profit from. 

A car park underneath would have been a great idea .

Completely hidden and a money maker for the council.

9 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

A car park underneath would have been a great idea .

Completely hidden and a money maker for the council.

He was putting in £50m with £10m from other investors. This in turn would have had unlocked Scottish Government funding so effectively would have cost ACC fuck all.

The whole thing was to be in held in trust and then handed over to the council so they could have profited from parking had they wished. 

46 minutes ago, ullevi said:

Didn’t Wood say he would give £50 million and the whole development was about £100 million? 

So probably £25 million less for a start and not some concrete jungle with a car park below for some mate of woods to profit from. 

Wish he'd donate that much towards the new stadium instead. 

(Aye I know he doesn't like football)