Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Chance to reset and create different areas for different things when it comes to leasing retail space. 

Shopping areas,  pubs and restaurants areas, family areas etc. 

Could create a vibe as things start to open up and would change the current spread out nothingness of the city centre. 

Plus reduced rates in big retail units to allow smaller independents to share space would be helpful. 

We need wholesale changes one way or another. I can't see our council managing to come up with a decent solution though, they never do. 

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Build a museum no one ever goes to. Seems to have worked in Dundee

There's no doubt the area round about it's been improved but never got the fuss about the V&A either.  A big wooden shed showcasing shite like 17th century Scottish fashion and the likes.

Utter tripe

10 minutes ago, NEM said:

There's no doubt the area round about it's been improved but never got the fuss about the V&A either.  A big wooden shed showcasing shite like 17th century Scottish fashion and the likes.

Utter tripe

Wooden? 

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I don't know to be honest. Always seemed dead precovid but I've never been.

I enjoyed it. Had a cracking video game exhibit, with bits about the industry in Dundee too, when I was there. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Wooden? 

I enjoyed it. Had a cracking video game exhibit, with bits about the industry in Dundee too, when I was there. 

Didn't build it and never been so not really sure but from a distance looks like it's made of wood ?

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Is the V&A not doing well? 

I worked there for a bit, it's a nonsense place designed to cater to non Dundonian posh cunts. Worked in the coffee shop and spent most my time pandering to crabbit English arseholes who wanted to moan at me, the barista, about how ugly the building was. 

They did have some very cool exhibitions though, but I dunno if many Dundonian families have a spare £60 or so to go see a gallery, especially when the DCA and the McManus are free. They are already building "luxury housing" across from the museum. 

The folk that worked in the office were arseholes as well, they thought you were their personal servant.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I worked there for a bit, it's a nonsense place designed to cater to non Dundonian posh cunts. Worked in the coffee shop and spent most my time pandering to crabbit English arseholes who wanted to moan at me, the barista, about how ugly the building was. 

The building is cool AF. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

They did have some very cool exhibitions though, but I dunno if many Dundonian families have a spare £60 or so to go see a gallery, especially when the DCA and the McManus are free. They are already building "luxury housing" across from the museum. 

The housing on the old Homebase site? They've been getting built since before the museum was there. 

Just now, Parklife said:

The building is cool AF. 

The housing on the old Homebase site? They've been getting built since before the museum was there. 

I dunno if its where the homebase used to be, just know there are very new flats going up directly adjacent to the museum. 

The building looks lovely, but its a fuckabout to work in, it's all designed for aesthetic rather than anything practical. The DCA is more interesting and they put on good, affordable films too!

Miss Dundee, a cracking place to live.

8 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The folk that worked in the office were arseholes as well, they thought you were their personal servant.

I went to the free section, was alright. Can't remember the quality of espresso you served to be honest. 71 Brewing the highlight of my last Dundeh trip. 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

I agree. It's a fantastic bit of architecture. Cox must have been influential in getting the yanks to cough up some dough when they filmed a good chunk of one of the episodes of the excellent Succession there.

The exhibition about ships or something when we were there (quite soon after it opened) didn't tempt our dough. Not even close at the prices they were charging when you can get in to the RA for less than £20 to see some major quality. The building is awesome but they have yet to bring in decent exhibitions (that I'm aware of).

There was a robot one that was kicking about that was really cool/interesting.

Just now, Redforever86 said:

I went to the free section, was alright. Can't remember the quality of espresso you served to be honest. 71 Brewing the highlight of my last Dundeh trip. 

71 Brewing is excellent. Breakfast Toast stout from there is class, lovely stuff. Heaps of great boozers in Dundeh, again, what a place.

Just now, milne_afc said:

spacer.png

She used to to the same PureGym I went to. Abdy just stared at her. No wonder as well, its not every day you see a semi coloured in person. She'll be raking in the cash with her instagram account tho, and fair play to her.