Trump International Golf Links, Aberdeen

Random question but can you turn up to the golf course for your supper from the club house?

Cruden Bay GC had a right fine restaurant but you had to be a member and have no denim to get in. That was back in the day though, probably changed now.

Advert being run on Northsound 2 at the moment saying the restaurant is open Friday to Sunday

I agree with Roberto here, this windfarm would have had the usual anti progress people up in arms and the protesting would have been on a huge scale, the reason they're all being quiet about these ugly things spoiling our coastline is because it will piss off Mr Trump!

The people who planned this knew exactly what they were doing, this spot has been chosen because it will draw the least amount of protest from the leftist twats who feck up everything else for the good people of the city.

Wasn't leftists who tried to block the AWPR more like right wingTory cunts from the west end

Random question but can you turn up to the golf course for your supper from the club house?

Cruden Bay GC had a right fine restaurant but you had to be a member and have no denim to get in. That was back in the day though, probably changed now.

But by all means feel free to turn up in a pair of breeks that wouldn't look out of place in Billy Smart Circus...I've long thought Golf attracts an alarmingly high number of social spastics and the downright wretched (FS being proof if any were needed on both counts)...It's only redeeming feature is that it takes these wretches out of our sight and loathing for at least a couple of hours at a time

• Downvote 1

I see the Trump course has won an award of sorts. :trophy:

Award relating to Trump course

An Aberdeenshire farmer who fought a long-running battle against American billionaire developer Donald Trump, has been named Top Scot at a high profile awards ceremony.

Michael Forbes took the honour at the Spirit of Scotland Awards where he was praised for his stance against the tycoon's north-east golf development.

Mr Forbes won the Top Scot prize at the Glenfiddich Spirt of Scotland ceremony in Edinburgh.

Donald Trump once branded the farmer's property, which borders the Menie Estate, as a slum.

Broadcaster Kirsty Wark, who presented the awards, said: "The winner of the Top Scot Award is a real people

• Upvote 1

You believe everything Trump says?

I await to see Donald's reply to this be no doubt something embarrassing.

Where has Trump ever said that?

It's blatantly obvious that's what Forbes was after, he didn;t even turn up to the public meetings, that's how much he gave a damn about it all, he was using the rent a mob for his own ends, nothing was more obvious.

Trump said in the documentary they agreed an offer

Mr Forbes denies any offer was made.

Strange then, that David Milne says he refused an offer and woudn't sell, and minker Forbes was on record in the TV documentary (not the recent film version) that "he could stick his money up his erse".

He was offered, he was offered again, he thought his lottery numbers had come up, but he overplayed his hand and got called. Bet he lies in bed every night greetin.

Trump acting the big bairn again ! Looking forward to his rant when the windmills go up

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/05/donald-trump-whisky-award

So you're proud that a grippit farmer, who's an embarrassment to the area, is held up as Scotland's man of the year? Not Paul Lawrie, or Richie Ramsey, or Andy Murray, or Chris Hoy, but farmer palmer and his get orf my land spiel? :suicide:

• Upvote 4

FS it went to a public vote if you cared about the award in the first place why not vote for Lawrie or Murray who I both agree are better candidates. I didn't vote so therefore I won't moan about it. As for Trump he's fucking lost it, he's not happy people are showing a bit of opposition to him.

Glad this guy didn't get anywhere near the US presidency he can't take one bit of critiscm.

FS it went to a public vote if you cared about the award in the first place why not vote for Lawrie or Murray who I both agree are better candidates. I didn't vote so therefore I won't moan about it. As for Trump he's fucking lost it, he's not happy people are showing a bit of opposition to him.

Glad this guy didn't get anywhere near the US presidency he can't take one bit of critiscm.

No it didn't. Who knew anything about this before farmer mink won it? Rent-a-mob cottoned on, and have obviously rallied their troops to get him the votes. I imagine the winner didn't even get a 4 figure count, such is the anonymity of this "award".

As for Trump, yes he'd have been a godawful politician, but he's a superb marketeer. The guy gets more free publicity than anyone I've ever seen.

If you didn't know about this and believe that less than a 1000 voted for the winner, what's the yank fuds big problem?

His attention seeking and bullying tactics don't wash over here the sooner he realises it the better.

M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G

F-R-E-E P-U-B-L-I-C-I-T-Y

No it didn't. Who knew anything about this before farmer mink won it? Rent-a-mob cottoned on, and have obviously rallied their troops to get him the votes. I imagine the winner didn't even get a 4 figure count, such is the anonymity of this "award".

As for Trump, yes he'd have been a godawful politician, but he's a superb marketeer. The guy gets more free publicity than anyone I've ever seen.

FS...your life appears to be blighted by minks...first your wife and now this farmer mink...Thank God for golf and being able to knock one out in the clubhouse.

• Downvote 1

That's what Max Clifford used to say...

Well aye, never about him tho eh.

I've been led to believe by a local former golf pro, who was at a closed doors meeting last year with a select few, that Trumpy is a totally different character once the cameras are off.

There's nothing about how he operates leads me to believe that he does any of this OTT shit for any reason other than to get publicity. You simply can;t buy the column inches that he gets from these things, and the rent-a-mob fall for it time and time again.