Trump International Golf Links, Aberdeen

Did anyone hear trump on the radio last night?

the guy does himself no favours at all and it amazes me that a guy as dumb as a box of rocks can make so much money. He's fighting for his mother who was born in scotland, he's fighting for scotland as wind farms are ruining countries all over the world, his golf course is the reason all the hotels in Aberdeen are full and the reason the taxi drivers are all happy. All of the food places (he said food places) are all full in Aberdeen because of him.

Trump is a complete and utter fud lip but there's still no reason they couldn't move the wind farms up the coast a few miles, its fucking windier in peterheed anyway.

the guy does himself no favours at all and it amazes me that a guy as dumb as a box of rocks can make so much money. He's fighting for his mother who was born in scotland, he's fighting for scotland as wind farms are ruining countries all over the world, his golf course is the reason all the hotels in Aberdeen are full and the reason the taxi drivers are all happy. All of the food places (he said food places) are all full in Aberdeen because of him.

Trump is a complete and utter fud lip but there's still no reason they couldn't move the wind farms up the coast a few miles, its fucking windier in peterheed anyway.

Probably in Aberdeen bay for easy access to Aberdeen harbour, but in any case why should they be moved just because Trump doesn't want them ?

Reading in the paper that politicians from all sides are in agreement on this windfarm I think many of them are beginning to see he is more bother than he is worth

No hotel means no minimum wage jobs for Eastern Europeans !

wtf?

Oh yes forgot to say line the pooches of a horrible yank too !

You think there will be decent wages on offer for locals like ?

Aye the wages will probably be the same...if a local wants to turn their nose up at 'a shite wage' then fuck them, carry on signing on pal.

Wind turbines are hideous looking things, why spoil a great stretch of coastline by putting those things in the water.

I'm with Mr Trump on this one, it's a crazy idea. He's came along and made a huge investment in building the course, it will in turn provide jobs and tourism which will benefit the whole area and he gets repaid by someone wanting to put these uneconomic monstrosities next to it.

Windturbines are here to stay whether we like it or not with the push for green energy, people say they are uneconomic but somebody will be making money from them and they are creating employment.

I was in favour of Trumps course for a start as were most in the north east untilI saw how local people near the course were being treated by him, but now public opinion seems to favour this wind farm judging by the letters of supports the government has received.

Probably in Aberdeen bay for easy access to Aberdeen harbour, but in any case why should they be moved just because Trump doesn't want them ?

Reading in the paper that politicians from all sides are in agreement on this windfarm I think many of them are beginning to see he is more bother than he is worth

there is surely some sort of middle ground here though OWS. I am for the course but I am for the wind farms as well so why can't they look at another location to please all parties?

there is surely some sort of middle ground here though OWS. I am for the course but I am for the wind farms as well so why can't they look at another location to please all parties?

The thing is VDA if they moved it would start another nimby row somewhere else, and you being a Brochers ken what it would be like if it was move near Peterhead look at the carry on round there about the landfill site and the even worse when they tried to build that waste to energy plant !

The thing is VDA if they moved it would start another nimby row somewhere else, and you being a Brochers ken what it would be like if it was move near Peterhead look at the carry on round there about the landfill site and the even worse when they tried to build that waste to energy plant !

I think there are to be wind farms up with us and I don't think there was much opposition to it OWS.

They are going builds big one on Mormond Hill VDA right near my hoose nae problem for me actually thinking of buying shares in it soI can watch my investment from the kitchen window

Plenty white settlers and nimby's against it so may take a while yet but the MoD have withdrawn their objection

I'm on about ones at the broch harbour as well.

Windturbines are here to stay whether we like it or not with the push for green energy, people say they are uneconomic but somebody will be making money from them and they are creating employment.

I was in favour of Trumps course for a start as were most in the north east untilI saw how local people near the course were being treated by him, but now public opinion seems to favour this wind farm judging by the letters of supports the government has received.

Solely due to subsidies, please keep up. They are a money pit, and without subsidies there would be no wind farms.

They are going builds big one on Mormond Hill VDA right near my hoose nae problem for me actually thinking of buying shares in it soI can watch my investment from the kitchen window

Plenty white settlers and nimby's against it so may take a while yet but the MoD have withdrawn their objection

I'm on about ones at the broch harbour as well.

What's happening with them at the moment was there something about the size of one near the slip ?

Solely due to subsidies, please keep up. They are a money pit, and without subsidies there would be no wind farms.

Subsidy or not FS my point was they are making money for people whether me or you like it every time I come home from working away there seems to me more new turbines so plenty are cashing in !

Subsidy or not FS my point was they are making money for people whether me or you like it every time I come home from working away there seems to me more new turbines so plenty are cashing in !

I don't think you understand "uneconomic" then, which is what you used to justify that some people are making money from them.

So you think taxpayers money should be being given to private individuals to build white elephants?

I don't think you understand "uneconomic" then, which is what you used to justify that some people are making money from them.

So you think taxpayers money should be being given to private individuals to build white elephants?

No problem for me as these things will be one of our only sources of energy one day once the oil and gas runs out