Fucks Sake Langfield

Jason Brown ‏@greathover32

@ry_mack83 I haven't given up on Aberdeen as I've said all along me and my family are very happy up here but if your not wanted

Feel sorry for Brown, heart is in the right place and a very solid keeper.

Looks like "The Goalkeeping Coach" has sided with his old mate and Broon (fat) is being overlooked...Leighton was one of Broon (old)'s first appointments...thought at the time it was a dumb move and have seen nothing to suggest otherwise...I'd bin the waste of a wage ASAP and get the "scouts" looking to identify a decent keeper before the end of the month...hint Thomas Cerny is available

Looks like "The Goalkeeping Coach" has sided with his old mate and Broon (fat) is being overlooked...Leighton was one of Broon (old)'s first appointments...thought at the time it was a dumb move and have seen nothing to suggest otherwise...I'd bin the waste of a wage ASAP and get the "scouts" looking to identify a decent keeper before the end of the month...hint Thomas Cerny is available

Cerny plays for CSKA Sofia

Some scout you'd be

i concur about Cerny, Clangers is an accident waiting to happen every game, there have been numrous keepers over the years who were like that, Jerzy Dudek, Sander Westerveld, any Hibernian keeper, now i don't rate Clangers or Brown that highly but Brown has to come in now for fucks sake Clangers for that mistake you want fucking shooting.

Interesting what Leightons role in this is, was this not the same Jim Leighton who criticised craig Brown during his time in the national side, saying that Brown trusted the decision of Hodgkinson (the goalkeeper coach) took take the decision of which keeper should play.

i concur about Cerny, Clangers is an accident waiting to happen every game, there have been numrous keepers over the years who were like that, Jerzy Dudek, Sander Westerveld, any Hibernian keeper, now i don't rate Clangers or Brown that highly but Brown has to come in now for fucks sake Clangers for that mistake you want fucking shooting.

Interesting what Leightons role in this is, was this not the same Jim Leighton who criticised craig Brown during his time in the national side, saying that Brown trusted the decision of Hodgkinson (the goalkeeper coach) took take the decision of which keeper should play.

Leighton should have no say on the matter, given that he was the man who recommended Bertrand Bossu to Calderwood!

You will get nowhere if you don't have a good and reliable keeper.

Neither of ours are either of those.

Leighton should have no say on the matter, given that he was the man who recommended Bertrand Bossu to Calderwood!

You will get nowhere if you don't have a good and reliable keeper.

Neither of ours are either of those.

Leighton should not been employed end of story...Broon only took him back on as a PR excercise after the evil MM sacked him...If Milne can get rid of a Club Legend (WM) at the drop of a hat...punters like Leighton should be no problem to him

The reality is Clangers is shite.

Grandpa cost us today by selecting him. He depends on his goal keeper coach & if he made this decision then he should go, legend or not.

McGhee got rid, & maybe he was right, 1 of few things he did right.

We all know they are big mates do we are back to the same shite at Aberdeen (if ur mates with the coaches! Then u get a game.

Many called it shite from yesterday & proved right.

Fuck off Langfield & Leighton

The simple fact is that Clangers (by name & nature) is utter utter shite & has proved this to us on countless occasions & yet is STILL given the chance to do it again & again.

He should never have been offered a new contract (how ever long it is) & I believe he was only offered it for one of three (or all three) reasons. 1. being Leighton's mate. 2. a sympathy gesture after his brain seizure. 3. out of pure laziness to search for a good (cos even just good would be a massive improvement) replacement.

Any one of these reason is wrong for what's best for Aberdeen FC & for that reason serious questions should be asked.

Our keepers have been rank for years.

Most people are already well aware of langfields limitations but maybe some of the zoomers will get their heads out there arse now. Can only hope.

He came from a lower level and we all hoped he could step up and prove to be a good SPL keeper but despite an incredibly long run and opportunity to do this he has never really made the grade consistently. Just not an SPL keeper, sorry.

I think it's fair to question leightons judgement and perhaps even his ability as a coach based on the keepers we've had and the performances we've got out of them over the Leighton period. Sad but he just doesn't give confidence.

Suspect the club offered a 1 year deal out of loyalty then when langfield put then in the spot by asking for a longer commitment they really got it wrong by agreeing to this.

Very disappointing all round really.

we ceratinly can't question Leightons ability as a keeper himself, but maybe his coaching is not of the same standard, as previously stated here HE was the man that persuaded the OAF to sign Bossu, the oAF was not keen on him!

And MM must have recognised the shiteness of Bossu

Leightons ability as a keeper is not relevant now.

His ability as a coach and seeming inability so see the very obvious limitations of his favoured goalkeeping choice is relevant and is in danger of being a real problem for the club now.

Brown and knox should also take some blame but if Leighton has a real say in this area I do wonder if they would disagree with him.

Managers are judged and sacked based on results. Is it unfair to judge a coach on the performance of the players he selects and coaches?

I've heard people mentioning his 'two good saves' today...

Jesus wept. Both those saves were standard, and you'd be asking serious questions of any professional goal keeper had they not dealt with them comfortably.

The fact that I, and I suspect most of users on this site did too, had my heart in my mouth when those shots came in from distance says it all about this joker.

Good keepers can make fatal mistakes. Utter howlers. Part and parcel of the job. But this cunt ships us goals on such a regular basis it's unreal. Today was worst of the lot... I just can't fathom at all what he was trying to do.

Jason Brown may not be the answer, but at times last season it looked like he was more than capable. The jersey's gotta be his now to throw away. I really will despair if Clangers is starting against County.

Absolutely gutted that once again all the focus is on Langfield as I thought we defended superbly throughout and every outfield player did their job admirably. We could've done more in the final third but overall an encouraging start to the season and just supremely annoyed that one man's fuck up means we ain't taken a point from it.

• Upvote 5

Reading about this and thinking it through really makes me sick that we lost today. I really hated that Langfield started in most of the friendlies as I really didn't want to see him in goal for the competitive games because Stevie Wonder could have seen a howler coming. Get Broono in goal now and stick with him until we get someone better in!

• Upvote 1

I was shouting swearing and calling him for everything all day today and all of tonight. The lad made a mistake, a very big mistake in footballing terms. It cost the team and he knows it. Yeh he has made horrific mistakes in the past, it has cost us points and cups. But some of the abuse i am reading on twitter etc is out of order, I've made mistakes in my job and should've been punted. This guy is doing his job, it isn't him who picks the team. He gets put in goals by HIS boss. He knows he fucks up and everytime he does he holds his hands up. At the end of the day he isn't a murderer, a rapist or a racist. He deserves the stick for another howler but some things said are out of order. He's only human. I've got an unborn child on the way in under a week, some things put football into perspective and I'd have taken a 25-0 drubbing today and 25 of them langfields fault to have a healthy child with 10 fingers and toes next week. Some folk take it to levels where there is a line that doesn't need to be crossed. He is only human like the rest of us. Like I said it is only football, worse things happening than a howler at parkhead

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I was shouting swearing and calling him for everything all day today and all of tonight. The lad made a mistake, a very big mistake in footballing terms. It cost the team and he knows it. Yeh he has made horrific mistakes in the past, it has cost us points and cups. But some of the abuse i am reading on twitter etc is out of order, I've made mistakes in my job and should've been punted. This guy is doing his job, it isn't him who picks the team. He gets put in goals by HIS boss. He knows he fucks up and everytime he does he holds his hands up. At the end of the day he isn't a murderer, a rapist or a racist. He deserves the stick for another howler but some things said are out of order. He's only human. I've got an unborn child on the way in under a week, some things put football into perspective and I'd have taken a 25-0 drubbing today and 25 of them langfields fault to have a healthy child with 10 fingers and toes next week. Some folk take it to levels where there is a line that doesn't need to be crossed. He is only human like the rest of us. Like I said it is only football, worse things happening than a howler at parkhead

Fingers crossed for you and your Mrs.

But that doesn't alter the fact that Langfield is still a bottling, incompetent, fud-wipe.

• Upvote 2

Good luck with the bairn an all that but every one of us have more important things happening in our lives than football but football is football & he doesn't deserve to be in goal for Aberdeen & hasn't deserved it for years & countless fk ups.

He has cost us yet again & for that reason he deserves to be binned if not from the squad completely, then at the very least the No.1. spot.

He has no excuses for the fk ups. None what so ever even if HIS boss picks him & holding up his butter covered fingered hands make no difference to that view :dontknow:

He had a cheek to ask for an extension to the (lucky to get) 1 year offer he had. He can fk off now for all I care

• Upvote 4