Jason Brown

He's doing the right things to have the whole club turn their backs on him, now the fans are starting...

He's played it very well to get himself a move by the looks of things - horrible way of doing things, but when unhappy you'll do allsorts to get the fuck out.

Are you comparing Brown to Bertie Bassett?

That's a bit racist.

Wouldn't you if no one was participating in warm up with you, just ignoring you and not passing ball to you or anything?

I find that pretty shocking in all honesty even though I think Brown is starting to be a cock in the matter.

Which is exactly what was happening, last two homes brown made several attempts to get involved and nobody took him on.

No word of leighton in all this either, surely he should be there with brown at half time?

• Downvote 5

I'm just curious why is Brown copping all the blame for this? I mean I don't read the evening or any papers, or use twitter for that matter so it's a genuine question. I know he seems to like the sound of his own voice but it wasn't so long ago that folk were loving him for it. If he has fallen out with CB because of Clangers being number 1 then I fully understand it, I mean the guy had established himself as number 1 over the season whilst Langfield did nothing, I know he was recovering but he had no right to take Brown's place in the team. From what I can see Brown's been fucked over and has spoken out over it in order to get away because CB isn't interested for whatever reason. I don't really blame him, I'd have him over Langfield every day of the week. I just think there's two sides to every story.

Also what's going on with the idiot who was racially abusing him? I seriously hope he gets the book thrown at him, that sort of shit is unacceptable and frankly embarrassing. Word of warning for any keeper linked with the Dons: Don't get twitter, you'll only get abused!

• Upvote 2

I'm just curious why is Brown copping all the blame for this? I mean I don't read the evening or any papers, or use twitter for that matter so it's a genuine question. I know he seems to like the sound of his own voice but it wasn't so long ago that folk were loving him for it. If he has fallen out with CB because of Clangers being number 1 then I fully understand it, I mean the guy had established himself as number 1 over the season whilst Langfield did nothing, I know he was recovering but he had no right to take Brown's place in the team. From what I can see Brown's been fucked over and has spoken out over it in order to get away because CB isn't interested for whatever reason. I don't really blame him, I'd have him over Langfield every day of the week. I just think there's two sides to every story.

Also what's going on with the idiot who was racially abusing him? I seriously hope he gets the book thrown at him, that sort of shit is unacceptable and frankly embarrassing. Word of warning for any keeper linked with the Dons: Don't get twitter, you'll only get abused!

From a playing perspective, i'm on J Brown's side, if it was a class keeper who displaced him then

fair enough but it wasn't.

Some players are happy sitting on a bench not getting a game - as Langfield would have been

doing if he went to ibrox but Brown obviously couldn't bite his tongue.

As far as driving when he shouldn't be then i hope he gets hammered given that he has previous.

I'm sure there will be developments regarding the twitter comments in near future.

we don't know whats been said or whats happened. if its simply a case of him being dropped in favour for langfield then I do not agree with that...... in saying that its no excuse for blasting the club and greeting like a bairn on twitter.

get on with it and prove everyone wrong. he seems to have a bit of an ego on him, referring to himself being an EPL keeper even though he played a handful of games and sepnt the rest of the time warming the bench

Something's happened behind closed doors that's turned the relationship sour. A few months ago he "loved playing for the club" now he can't get out the door quick enough, something smells funny. Perhaps when CB gave Langfield the contract extension it was obvious that he wouldn't be keeping Brown and that's annoyed him who knows it'll come out soon enough. Just a shame I think he's a decent keeper better than we've had for a while and he genuinely seemed to want to play for us.

Brown's not a fantastic keeper but he's miles ahead of Clangers in terms of basic ability.

He was deservedly No.1 & got ousted by a shite keeper (was it not when his dad took a heart attack or something) & didn't get back in.

Clangers got back in basically cos he's Leighton's bezza mate & he also got the sympathy vote cos of his illness.

Brown was undeservedly ousted as No.1 & Clangers was undeservedly given No.1 slot simple & I can understand Brown being raging for it & wanting away cos he know's he's not getting back in whilst Leighton is goal keeping coach.

I cannot condone how Brown has gone about things since he's been shafted but I can kind of understand why he's done it. He simply wants away to fk from both Leighton & C Brown.

I wish him well when he leaves in Jan.

He's still a better keeper than the clown we have in now. The clown that seems to have somehow managed to be No.1 at a top SPL club for years now even though he's been (as a whole) utter shite

• Upvote 1

I'd agree with what you said FnD...Broon (fat) has been poorly treated by the club and it is now damaging his International chances...If he'd have been playing for us he would have started for Wales...Broon (old) has made it pretty clear he rates Clangers as better between the two...which further emphasises why he needs to be put out to grass at the end of the season...Looks like we will have to do the best we can with the "buckled wheel" in goals for the rest of the season...this obviously means a second place finish has gone...best we can hope for is top 6 now...

Brown's not a fantastic keeper but he's miles ahead of Clangers in terms of basic ability.

He was deservedly No.1 & got ousted by a shite keeper (was it not when his dad took a heart attack or something) & didn't get back in.

Clangers got back in basically cos he's Leighton's bezza mate & he also got the sympathy vote cos of his illness.

Brown was undeservedly ousted as No.1 & Clangers was undeservedly given No.1 slot simple & I can understand Brown being raging for it & wanting away cos he know's he's not getting back in whilst Leighton is goal keeping coach.

I cannot condone how Brown has gone about things since he's been shafted but I can kind of understand why he's done it. He simply wants away to fk from both Leighton & C Brown.

I wish him well when he leaves in Jan.

He's still a better keeper than the clown we have in now. The clown that seems to have somehow managed to be No.1 at a top SPL club for years now even though he's been (as a whole) utter shite

Brown was fairly useless in the Scottish Cup Semi final and made a few other errors before that, the time for him being dropped was right and Clangers has probably edged ahead of him due to being marginally less shite than we remember.

The answer is a new keeper.

I'm serious, I don't buy into all this crap that Clangers is somehow a joke keeper who has amazingly managed to maintain a career at SPL level through a combination of sheer luck and old pals acts.

Bollocks!

He's not too bad.

If you want really bad, dodgy keepers look at the likes of Enckelman, or the boy Samson at St Mirren.

They are truly shite.

Langfield is miles better and I'd rather have him than some unknown who may or may not turn out to be any good.

Better the devil you know.

I'd also suggest Redstar that, regardless of the manager or Clangers, Jason Brown has done more than enough to shit in his own nest regards his future at the club.

He's certainly not been poorly treated, he's simply a weirdo, and will be treated accordingly.

I agree his behaviour has been poor but would argue his ego will have taken a fair kicking by being told he is considered second to Clangers!...this has probably caused his "erratic behaviour" in the first place...He's been driven mad by what looks to be one of the most baffling decisions of Old Brooners sketchy tenure

I'd also suggest Redstar that, regardless of the manager or Clangers, Jason Brown has done more than enough to shit in his own nest regards his future at the club.

He's certainly not been poorly treated, he's simply a weirdo, and will be treated accordingly.

I would argue that he's Shat in his own nest deliberately in light of the way he was treated by Leighton for his mate. Not that I agree with how he's reacted & in the professionalism of it since.

Brown wants away like a spoiled wee child yes but before he left for his fathers illness/turn he was loving the club, the fans & all things Aberdeen & came back to find that Leighton had shoehorned Clangers in never to be removed barring injury (regardless of performances).

I'd still rather Brown was our No.1 & we will certainly not be ok with Clangers filling that berth.

Clangers may pull off the odd good save but they are often seen as wonder saves cos they are rarely seen with him & we are more inclined to expect the normal fk ups by him.

The odd times Clangers has semi decent (whole) games he gets exaggerated praise because it's so rare & the few (i told you so'ers) revel in it.

He gets praised for basic saves, bread & butter saves that ALL keepers should be making & he will always still be making the most simple of mistakes.

Now with an unproven coming in on trial, we are stuck with Clangers & he will just get even more assured of his berth cos that is the standard we are accepting in such a very important position & at a time when we could really be pushing on.

I'd rather Brown was the standard of our No.2 & he was pushing to oust better than Clangers as No.1 & that Clangers was nowhere near our club but that's just not going to happen whilst Leighton is involved cos, although he was a world class keeper, he's got no fkn idea about coaching & what's right for Aberdeen. It's almost like he's scared to have a decent keeper come to the club in case he turns out to be better than he was ;)

If it wasn't for the fact that we have a decent, experienced & confident defence in front of Clangers, we'd be truly fkd & we'd be cursing Clangers even more cos he'd be getting found out a whole lot more than he is even now.

• Upvote 1

I agree his behaviour has been poor but would argue his ego will have taken a fair kicking by being told he is considered second to Clangers!...this has probably caused his "erratic behaviour" in the first place...He's been driven mad by what looks to be one of the most baffling decisions of Old Brooners sketchy tenure

I don't think Brown has ever been so good that he can demand a first team place at any team.

He cost us in the SC semi-final last year, and his behaviour since means his goose is well and truly cooked.

I've little sympathy for him, especially when he's so hypocritical that he thinks nothing of jumping in the car when he kens full well he's banned.

Anything he says is automatically diluted by his own behaviour in that sense and I won't be sorry to see the back of him, these types of players never help team spirit.