Jason Brown

1 min in, the goal.

Yes he was unlucky etc. not questing this the now. I'm just pointing out my point rgds him hesitating after making a save (back out into play) it's just a split second but he ALWAYS does it. Look at it from the front view for best view of it.

2 mins 30 a typical save back into play from him when it's easy (maybe even easier) to put around his post a typical Clangers block

3 mins 30, he ALMOST gets it right in that he puts it wide for a change but could have got that around his post if he was any good at this.

It is a MAJOR weakness to his game (along with his near post)

The Hibs goal btw was honking. Whilst it was a good hit & well placed, Clangers should have had it but he was scared of where his post was & I had the perfect view of it at the game, in th DD lower looking right down the flight of the ball.

Clangers best game this season has been the cup game v the Pars. He was great there & kept us in the match & full credit to him for that :applause:

BUT another of the things that really winds me up about him (& this IS down to him) is his insistence on EVERYONE being brought back for corners. IMO that boils down to his sheer lack of confidence.

& it is him that insists on this cos I've seen it numerous times, where the opposing team gets a corner & one (even just fkn one) of our players dares to hang about up at the halfway line & Clangers goes fkn mental to call him back into the box for a game of fkn pinball. :banghead:

Where's everybody getting this 'only one fuck up this season against Celtic' from?

In my opinion a semi - competent goalkeeper with decent reflexes and reaction speed would have saved the goals that Clangers let in against Hibs and Killie. I'll not count the ones he palms back out to the feet of the opposition striker for now.

We've played 12 games, Clangers has gifted the opposition a goal in 3 of them, in other words he has a ratio of fucking up once every 4 games, simply not good enough.

We are where we are because of the defense, defensive midfielders and team set up, nothing to do with this clown. A decent keeper and we'd have more points and less goals against.

In saying that, he probably is one of the top 6 keepers in the SPL as most of the keepers are also shite.

I'm currently looking through the highlights on you tube of our games this season (yeah yeah highlights you say :blahblah1: :blahblah1: ) but it show ALL shots on goal & that's where we're looking now.

So far I've watched all home games & he's "not had a save to make" funnily enough barring one with his legs against St Midden

How we didn't win them still baffles me.

Hearts hit the post (& he was rooted) & that's about it.

Nothing V County

Hibs, he was poor. He made a good block but again straight out into play but thankfully straight to a Dons player.

But look at his save from freekick just after their goal 3 mins 15 in below

Typical handling from him

ICT away he had one shepherd around the post forcing the player wide & the pen.

Utd away I've already commented on

Killie away same.

So so far our defensive record is NOT at all down to him & mainly down to the team in front of him.

There's been hardly any shots on target against us.

The little asked of him so far (percentage wise he's been poor imo) & I don't just mean goals conceded, I mean his basic errors.

I will edit in if I have any comments on St Johnstone away, as yet to watch it but was at the game & nothing stands out from memory.

Forgetting about the goal fk up he makes two good saves from distance in this game 1 min & 3 mins 30 & although he does manage to put these wide he should have had the around his post, as they were at his near post.

IMO other than the Pars game he's been shite as a whole cos the little that's been asked of him in the rest of the games, he's done (mostly) badly.

Our defensive record is down to the rest of the team allowing very few shots on target. Honestly, please take the time to look & you will see.

The stats prove nothing unless you care to see/remember how these stats ACTUALLY came about

Thats ridiculous.

You clearly have a personal issue with the guy, because that list is just nonsense. Youve underlined Rab Douglas and Steve Banks ffs, both are in their 40s :blahblah1:

I was in no way his biggest fan, but apart from a horror at Celtic, hes been solid this season, and for me has shown hes a better goalkeeper than Brown. Conceeding the second least amount of goals in the spl says something about our defence, but also says something about his performances as well.

Take your heed out your arse min.

No It does not if you take the time to actually look.

Our defence is what has given us the good defensive record.

And of course Clangers is part of that defence.

Whether you like the guy or not, football wise, which is my sole concern, he's having a good run of form.

Just as he gets stick for his mistakes, he deserves credit for achievement.

I see no reason to oust him at present, upheaval is the last thing we need when the stability we're long overdue is in evidence at last.

Whether you like the guy or not, football wise, which is my sole concern, he's having a good run of form.

I see no reason to oust him at present, upheaval is the last thing we need when the stability we're long overdue is in evidence at last.

You are deliberately ignoring what I said about him basically not having had saves to make & the few he did have he was poor to say the least.

The defence IN FRONT of him have kept the shots on him to a minimun.

Take the time please to look through the highlights, which show pretty much all shots he's had to deal with (& it's very few).

I didn't say I want him ousted now cos there is no replacement but I certainly want him replaced as No.1 in the very near future, as in Jan.

Clangers is shite as a whole & it's his defence that have earned our good defensive record.

FnD digging is his own hole. Nae bother.

T fk you talking about?

All I've said makes perfect sense. there may be some justifiable debate regards A COUPLE of the keepers I've mentioned but the bulk of them are miles better than Clangers.

& the facts about him having nothing to do because his defence in front of him have given him an easy time are true as well if you care to watch all the games again :dontknow:

He's weaknesses still stand out in the little he has had to do though.

I give him plenty credit for the Pars game cos he basically kept us in the cup but that's the only game this season where you can say he kept us in games.

Tell me how I'm digging a hole (if you can)

T fk you talking about?

All I've said makes perfect sense. there may be some justifiable debate regards A COUPLE of the keepers I've mentioned but the bulk of them are miles better than Clangers.

& the facts about him having nothing to do because his defence in front of him have given him an easy time are true as well if you care to watch all the games again :dontknow:

He's weaknesses still stand out in the little he has had to do though.

I give him plenty credit for the Pars game cos he basically kept us in the cup but that's the only game this season where you can say he kept us in games.

Tell me how I'm digging a hole (if you can)

FnD he's a weegie on the wind up...Clangers is the weak link in a pretty strong chain...I was at the game today if Broon can bring himself to admit Clark was a big mistake and play Hayes we look good in attack...the midfield Hughes, Rae in particular are pedestrian but solid...defence is decent Anderson in my opinion our best player...but in goals Langfield looked weak at corners and set pieces (thankfully they were few and far between) he is a passenger we can ill afford to carry.

FnD he's a weegie on the wind up...Clangers is the weak link in a pretty strong chain...I was at the game today if Broon can bring himself to admit Clark was a big mistake and play Hayes we look good in attack...the midfield Hughes, Rae in particular are pedestrian but solid...defence is decent Anderson in my opinion our best player...but in goals Langfield looked weak at corners and set pieces (thankfully they were few and far between) he is a passenger we can ill afford to carry.

Thankfully you work in the oil industry in Baku and not as manager of Aberdeen.

No, hardly.

MT defends all the weegie players but he disna have the first clue about football, or anything else really. His defence of all the Calderwood cronies is tribal.

I'm saying we're a better team now with Clangers in goal than we were before with Jason Brown in goal. Simple enough.

I'm not saying I love Clangers, and I'm not saying he's the ideal goalkeeper or anything.

But he's doing quite well this season so I say leave him be.

All this criticism, a constant outpouring of it, is really quite pointless.

He's in goals, and he's staying there.

Get behind him.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

No, hardly.

MT defends all the weegie players but he disna have the first clue about football, or anything else really. His defence of all the Calderwood cronies is tribal.

I'm saying we're a better team now with Clangers in goal than we were before with Jason Brown in goal. Simple enough.

I'm not saying I love Clangers, and I'm not saying he's the ideal goalkeeper or anything.

But he's doing quite well this season so I say leave him be.

All this criticism, a constant outpouring of it, is really quite pointless.

He's in goals, and he's staying there.

Get behind him.

He will be afforded the same support as every other player come game time. Doesn't alter the fact he is fucking pish

• Upvote 1

Where's everybody getting this 'only one fuck up this season against Celtic' from?

In my opinion a semi - competent goalkeeper with decent reflexes and reaction speed would have saved the goals that Clangers let in against Hibs and Killie. I'll not count the ones he palms back out to the feet of the opposition striker for now.

We've played 12 games, Clangers has gifted the opposition a goal in 3 of them, in other words he has a ratio of fucking up once every 4 games, simply not good enough.

We are where we are because of the defense, defensive midfielders and team set up, nothing to do with this clown. A decent keeper and we'd have more points and less goals against.

In saying that, he probably is one of the top 6 keepers in the SPL as most of the keepers are also shite.

Well that's 13 games and 5 goals gifted to the opposition, that's more than one every three games. The guy is a fucking liability and we will never achieve anything with this knob between the sticks.

• Upvote 1

The guys a fucking liability, wake up.

• Upvote 2

Well that's 13 games and 5 goals gifted to the opposition, that's more than one every three games. The guy is a fucking liability and we will never achieve anything with this fucking knob between the sticks.

Jason Brown and Langfield are as bad as each other IMO.

In an ideal world, I'd bin them both.

Not realistic though as Langfield has 18 months left on a contract that he knows he won't get anywhere else, so he's staying.

Jason Brown will be punted asap, and hopefully replaced by someone that will challenge Langfield to be first pick, not some young keeper happy to be on the bench.

I suppose finances will dictate that, and tonight defeat to St Midden won't help the finances.

With Langfiel in goal, slip ups will always be on the cards. He's cost us a good few already this season.

Well that's 13 games and 5 goals gifted to the opposition, that's more than one every three games. The guy is a fucking liability and we will never achieve anything with this fucking knob between the sticks.

It's as simple as that.

Fuck the rangers then, fuck the rangers now, fuck the rangers forever.

I was not happy when he got the number 1 shirt, and was even less so post the Celtic game.

Since then I have tried to get behind him and he has shown some areas of improvement, but there are still far too many areas he is just not good enough in.

I wish I'd just stuck to my original thoughts a few months back.