Jason Brown

Langfield is nae great and we need to aspire to getting a better keeper preferably in January but if not then summer time.

However, I admit myself although going bonkers when he was made number 1 for the Celtic game (and then even more bonkers after the game) it has proved to be the right decision over the piece imo. Craig Brown 1 Me 0.

I would argue that he's Shat in his own nest deliberately in light of the way he was treated by Leighton for his mate. Not that I agree with how he's reacted & in the professionalism of it since.

Brown wants away like a spoiled wee child yes but before he left for his fathers illness/turn he was loving the club, the fans & all things Aberdeen & came back to find that Leighton had shoehorned Clangers in never to be removed barring injury (regardless of performances).

I'd still rather Brown was our No.1 & we will certainly not be ok with Clangers filling that berth.

Clangers may pull off the odd good save but they are often seen as wonder saves cos they are rarely seen with him & we are more inclined to expect the normal fk ups by him.

The odd times Clangers has semi decent (whole) games he gets exaggerated praise because it's so rare & the few (i told you so'ers) revel in it.

He gets praised for basic saves, bread & butter saves that ALL keepers should be making & he will always still be making the most simple of mistakes.

Now with an unproven coming in on trial, we are stuck with Clangers & he will just get even more assured of his berth cos that is the standard we are accepting in such a very important position & & a time when we could really be pushing on.

I'd rather Brown was the standard of our No.2 & he was pushing to oust better than Clangers as No.1 & that Clangers was nowhere near our club but that's just not going to happen whilst Leighton is involved cos, although he was a world class keeper, he's got no fkn idea about coaching & what's right for Aberdeen. It's almost like he's scared to have a decent keeper come to the club in case he turns out to be better than he was ;)

If it wasn't for the fact that we have a decent, experienced & confident defence in front of Clangers, we'd be truly fkd & we'd be cursing Clangers even more cos he'd be getting found out a whole lot more than he is even now.

Just look at our defensive record this season compared to last when Brown was in and you have your answer.

Clangers is better. I agree with Leighton.

Langfield is nae great and we need to aspire to getting a better keeper preferably in January but if not then summer time.

However, I admit myself although going bonkers when he was made number 1 for the Celtic game (and then even more bonkers after the game) it has proved to be the right decision over the piece imo. Craig Brown 1 Me 0.

Absolutely Tord, I was not convinced either, but I'm delighted to say that Clangers has restored some of my faith in him, his performance level has been excellent.

Just look at our defensive record this season compared to last when Brown was in and you have your answer.

Clangers is better. I agree with Leighton.

If Brown was in now with Anderson in front of him the way he's playing. He'd be better than Clangers has been.

You cannot compare the two from last season to this because our whole team has improved in front of them.

Absolutely Tord, I was not convinced either, but I'm delighted to say that Clangers has restored some of my faith in him, his performance level has been excellent.

Utter utter Bullshit in the extreme, almost blatant :fishing:

I don't think Brown has ever been so good that he can demand a first team place at any team.

He cost us in the SC semi-final last year, and his behaviour since means his goose is well and truly cooked.

I've little sympathy for him, especially when he's so hypocritical that he thinks nothing of jumping in the car when he kens full well he's banned.

Anything he says is automatically diluted by his own behaviour in that sense and I won't be sorry to see the back of him, these types of players never help team spirit.

He's gone that

It's easy to pick holes in a keeper's performance, after all he's the guy most likely to make a mistake in any given 90 minutes.

I'll repeat, I'm not fishing, I'm 100% serious.

I don't buy into all this bullshit about Clangers being rubbish, and I maintain his performances this season, one horror moment against Celtic aside, have been excellent.

The facts are there, we're solid defensively now, we were not when Brown was in goals.

Trying to transfer all the credit to Anderson for that, whilst at the same time blaming Brown's team mates for his shortcomings last year, as fine-n-dandy appears to be attempting, is of course complete and utter nonsense.

Clangers is the better keeper. Simple.

• Downvote 2

I'm still not convinced.

I am still convinced the other way.

Clangers has done NOTHING to prove he is not a shite keeper prone to the most basic mistakes & lapses in concentration & bottle crashing.

He is a very very average keeper but pulls off the odd good save that is made out to be a whole lot better by the rarity of them.

I challenge anyone to honestly say that they have full faith in him in a one on one with a striker of even the lowest abilities.

My heart is in my mouth anytime he asked to save us.

• Upvote 1

It's easy to pick holes in a keeper's performance, after all he's the guy most likely to make a mistake in any given 90 minutes.

I'll repeat, I'm not fishing, I'm 100% serious.

I don't buy into all this bullshit about Clangers being rubbish, and I maintain his performances this season, one horror moment against Celtic aside, have been excellent.

The facts are there, we're solid defensively now, we were not when Brown was in goals.

Trying to transfer all the credit to Anderson for that, whilst at the same time blaming Brown's team mates for his shortcomings last year, as fine-n-dandy appears to be attempting, is of course complete and utter nonsense.

Clangers is the better keeper. Simple.

That is not what I attempting & you know it.

I'm simply saying we have a better defence this season & that is the difference in our record from last.

Brown was not great last season but he was better than Clangers would have been & of that I have no doubt what so ever.

Brown is light years ahead of Clangers in goal keeping standards. Even on the most basic level. In fact ESPECIALLY on the most basic level.

Clangers is (as a whole) a shite keeper & I'd rate him at the low end of top ten in the SPL. Fuck me I'd even rate Rab fkn Douglas above him :dontknow:

Just cos I'm calling Clangers shite, does not mean I'm saying Brown is great, just that Brown is far better than Clangers (which doesn't take great skill) & that for that reason Clangers should not be anywhere near our No.1 spot.

Can someone clarify to me where this belief that Leighton and Clangers are best buds come from? I'm not a huge watcher of warm ups butLeighton is one boring fker and he wasn't exactly bantering away with Clangers against Dundee Utd.

Maybe it stems from the time when Leighton was binned by McGhee & Clangers was in the press saying he missed him :cry: & that he was great to work with :blahblah1: :blahblah1:

It's no secret.

Besides, they are both cocks & birds of a feather :blahblah1:

I agree with all of tup's post on this page.

Chilling.

Nobody remembers any of the good saves that he makes. He's in the top 3 first choice keepers in the league.

He made some good saves last saturday.

The problem a keeper has is that it's more often his fuck ups that he's remembered by.

He made some good saves last saturday.

The problem a keeper has is that it's more often his fuck ups that he's remembered by.

Both games i've seen this year, Pars away, Utd away, he's had a great game. Im up for St Mirren on Tuesday so hopefully it's a hat trick.

I agree with all of tup's post on this page.

Chilling.

Nobody remembers any of the good saves that he makes. He's in the top 3 first choice keepers in the league.

Celtic-- Forster & Zaluska

St Johnstone-- Manus, tuffey & Clark

Aberdeen--- Clangers, Rodgers & Brown.

Hibs--- Williams, Murdoch & Grant

ICT--- Esson, Reguero & Mathieson

Motherwell--- Randolf, Hollis & Bradley.

Killie--- Bell, Letheren & Jaakkola.

Hearts--- MacDonald, Ridgers, Enkleman, Hamilton.

St Mirren--- Sampson, Smith & Adam.

Ross Co--- Fraser, Malin, Brown & McCarthy.

Utd--- Cierzniak,Banks,Mental & McCallum

Dundee--- Douglas,Baird & Paton-Cavanagh.

In the top three!!!!!!!

You are having a fkn laugh.

Name three better goalkeepers in the SPL.

Celtic-- Forster & Zaluska

St Johnstone-- Manus, tuffey & Clark

Aberdeen--- Clangers, Rodgers & Brown.

Hibs--- Williams, Murdoch & Grant

ICT--- Esson, Reguero & Mathieson

Motherwell--- Randolf, Hollis & Bradley.

Killie--- Bell, Letheren & Jaakkola.

Hearts--- MacDonald, Ridgers, Enkleman, Hamilton.

St Mirren--- Sampson, Smith & Adam.

Ross Co--- Fraser, Malin, Brown & McCarthy.

Utd--- Cierzniak,Banks,Mental & McCallum

Dundee--- Douglas,Baird & Paton-Cavanagh.

In the top three!!!!!!!

You are having a fkn laugh.

Bolds are miles better & underlined are better as in I'd have them ALL before Clangers if given a choice.

So that's what? 14 I'd have ahead of Clangers?

Jesus, it's worse than I thought. :suicide:

Edit: Can add Mark Brown to that list as well

• Downvote 1

Bolds are miles better & underlined are better as in I'd have them ALL before Clangers if given a choice.

i'll give you Forster and Zaluska but others nae so sure on. United keeper aint looking as good as their last three foreigners. Samson is average. McDonald could prove to be good but jury out anoo id say.

Randolph possibly is better aye

Bell has been rubbish for last couple years but should be better. Similarly Mark Brown was better ages ago but shite noo

• Upvote 2

Thats ridiculous.

You clearly have a personal issue with the guy, because that list is just nonsense. Youve underlined Rab Douglas and Steve Banks ffs, both are in their 40s :blahblah1:

I was in no way his biggest fan, but apart from a horror at Celtic, hes been solid this season, and for me has shown hes a better goalkeeper than Brown. Conceeding the second least amount of goals in the spl says something about our defence, but also says something about his performances as well.

Take your heed out your arse min.

Thats ridiculous.

You clearly have a personal issue with the guy, because that list is just nonsense. Youve underlined Rab Douglas and Steve Banks ffs, both are in their 40s :blahblah1:

I was in no way his biggest fan, but apart from a horror at Celtic, hes been solid this season, and for me has shown hes a better goalkeeper than Brown. Conceeding the second least amount of goals in the spl says something about our defence, but also says something about his performances as well.

Take your heed out your arse min.

But Apparently our keeper has never had a save to make most times :dontknow:

BTW age has fk all to do with it & OK I'll admit Banks is pushing it a little but Douglas (whilst still shite) is better than Clangers in terms of the fact he kens the basics.

I stand by the rest of my choices though.

Cammy Bell has had injury troubles but is still a far better keeper than Clangers & I dare say there are better than Clangers in the lower Scottish leagues, even without counting Neil Alexander.

Clangers is not even near top five in the SPL & as far (as someone said) top three :hysterical:

Yes I will admit I am slightly biased AGAINST Clangers but that bias from me has been formed solely from his poor performances in the past & his ability to make really basic errors, especially at his near post (not just the tic fk up) & his inability to come for crosses & command his area, his utterly shocking (worst I've EVER seen) kicking & his inability to keep hold of the ball & his preference to just block the ball, mostly straight back into play rather than around his post or out wide at least.

& also if you watch him, you will notice when he makes these blocks (whether great, good, or just run of the mill) & the ball bounces back out into play & to the in running players (both to defend & attack the ball) you will notice that he always hesitates that split second to see where the ball is breaking to rather than getting straight back to his feet WHILST looking for where (or who) the ball is breaking off towards.

• Downvote 1

& also if you watch him, you will notice when he makes these blocks (whether great, good, or just run of the mill) & the ball bounces back out into play & to the in running players (both to defend & attack the ball) you will notice that he always hesitates that split second to see where the ball is breaking to rather than getting straight back to his feet WHILST looking for where (or who) the ball is breaking off towards.

This in particular is very true

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20021878#asset

I'll just use the Utd game as an example cos that's the only highlights available the now (unless someone can find me the Killie game)

I've said I don't blame him for the goal cos he initially made a good block but you will see the slight hesitations I speak of after his blocks, it's just a split second hesitation but it's something he regularly does & considering his regularity of his blocks going back OUT into play rather than to the side. That hesitation is all the more unacceptable.

He done the same in the Killie game.

His first save of the match was done with his wrists rather than both hands :clangers2:

Look at Utd keepers save just after their goal to see how the ball should be placed around the post (admittedly this was an easier example but all the same BASICS).

4mins 30 Clangers save is his typical "great save" & (on this occasion) he got off with it but more so because the Utd players were sleeping for the (almost guaranteed) rebound back into play rather than around his post or out wide.

Leighton should be working on this weakness as a priority but he obviously isn't but if he has spotted it & is in fact working on it, then he should be sacked cos he's certainly not getting it out of his game. :dontknow: