Sevco Thread

2 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

They've spent more time and money on that tifo than they did trying to save their club.

The football doesn't matter to those cunts. Its a means to an end for airing their daft beliefs. 

Tend to agree. 

Thing is there are Huns who are pro Indy Republicans, more than you'd think. 

What I don't get is why they continue to go every week, when the club itself pedals this fucking nonsense. 

It's bizarre. 

18 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I think a lot of it is down to automatic season ticket renewal. We all know why such a system is in place. 

But what I mean is, the club itself plays into all the worst aspects of the fanbase. 

Why do these guys not just remove themselves? What kinship do they share with these people?

3 hours ago, DelMonte said:

McGregor was off his line for all 3 penalties. I quite like that ref but he bottled another retake and sending Morelos off. 

I've just had a look at the highlights on youtube, only watched it once however I think that he had a foot on the line when the ball was kicked for all the pens.

I think the ruling is that you have to have a foot either behind the line or on the line when the ball is kicked.

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

They tend to be well educated and keep themselves to themselves. 

The majority of Golf Clubs on the South Side of Glasgow are infested by the Hun elite or so they like to consider themselves. Pricks in their own special  way Still complete bigots just express their views in a slightly more intelligible manner.

Most of the clubhouses still have a picture of the Queen on the wall. Had my old faither choking on his pint when he spotted it at the golf club I was a member of at the time. Gave up the membership. Too many Hun pricks 

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Can't say I've met too many.

I don't meet huns but I agree.

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Fuck knows man.Obviously brought up supporting the club and have that attachment.Youre right there are a tonne of pro-Indy and republican Sevco fans. 

Prob about half a dozen then.

Obesity goes hand in (fat) hand with high unemployment and low education levels.

1 hour ago, Kilgore Trout said:

The majority of Golf Clubs on the South Side of Glasgow are infested by the Hun elite or so they like to consider themselves. Pricks in their own special  way Still complete bigots just express their views in a slightly more intelligible manner.

Most of the clubhouses still have a picture of the Queen on the wall. Had my old faither choking on his pint when he spotted it at the golf club I was a member of at the time. Gave up the membership. Too many Hun pricks 

Troons a particular hot bed.  Full of self righteous minted bigot retirees.

Huns told not to sing the national anthem, decide to organise whole stadium singing of the national anthem which is something the club were 100% in control of = no UEFA fine for the club.

Tim fans told not to bring in naughty banners, small fan group decide to bring in naughty banners which is something the club had no control over = UEFA fine incoming for the club.

?

11 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Huns told not to sing the national anthem, decide to organise whole stadium singing of the national anthem which is something the club were 100% in control of = no UEFA fine for the club.

Tim fans told not to bring in naughty banners, small fan group decide to bring in naughty banners which is something the club had no control over = UEFA fine incoming for the club.

?

I don't see how singing God save the king/queen warrants a fine from UEFA? As oddball and subservient as it is. 

Just an incredibly weird football club and set of people.

Dont get why uefa didnt want them to sing it? 

Surely if everyone just ignored these acts of bigot top trumps from the arse cheeks, theres no issue. 

The cunts singing gstq and taking in a ‘fuck the crown’ banner want the world to be outraged and talking about it cos it makes them feel important.

Im a republican and couldnt give a fuck what either set of cunts has got to say about anything. 

Yes but by openly endorsing one, the situation the club could control and that uefa had specifically prohibited but acting against the club who, like it or not have a legitimate interest in that first part being upheld, when in truth the crime they have cited was, as you say, a couple of losers who just wanted the publicity, that looks like dodgy ground to me.

Either way, really not giving a fuck.  I look forward to the next small provincial qualifier saying they won’t play the CL music because they’ve got a thing about violins.  See where it gets them.

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Dont get why uefa didnt want them to sing it? 

Surely if everyone just ignored these acts of bigot top trumps from the arse cheeks, theres no issue. 

The cunts singing gstq and taking in a ‘fuck the crown’ banner want the world to be outraged and talking about it cos it makes them feel important.

Im a republican and couldnt give a fuck what either set of cunts has got to say about anything. 

I think it's just part of their non political policy for club games. ie. It's not an international match so no national anthems (wrong national anthem anyway).

Im assuming it's not about what the fans sing but what the club organised/played in the stadium.

Am I right in thinking there was a similar rememberence argument a year or 2 ago? 

Its easy to see this as UEFA interference but if you think about it, they need to be consistent or we'd have all the clubs playing whatever they like and before long it'll be the precious Huns, or the British media out with the pitchforks because a club played something that upset them at at euro game.

49 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I just don't care enough to get wound up about what is sung at fitba. And getting all paranoid about why UEFA ain't fining them.

We all agree etc.

I mean the paranoia about UEFA not fining them is silly.

Celtics message was viewed as overtly offensive, and Rangers was virtuous. 

I agree with the Celtic one, and not the Rangers. 

UEFA aren't doing funny handshakes on the matter. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I mean the paranoia about UEFA not fining them is silly.

Celtics message was overtly offensive, and Rangers was virtuous. 

I agree with the Celtic one, and not the Rangers. 

UEFA aren't doing funny handshakes on the matter. 

What did the Celtic one say?   Lovely bastards.

Is Kris Boyd dead yet?

21 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

UEFA has realised that the backlash involved in fining Sevco is hassle they can do without. They are quite correct to fine Celtic though. No place for that shite at a football game.

So, would you ban Union Jacks? Flags of various nations?

The sooner we all accept football is by its nature an inherently political vessel, both for organisation and the freedom of speech, the sooner we can maybe organise the working class under a collective ambition.

Celtic and Rangers fans are largely of the same class, from the same city, their football teams are a huge divider in how they vote, what they believe, and what principles they carry. 

The banning of certain songs, punishment etc is absolutely pointless. All it does is further entrench these beliefs, and in the case of Rangers, the establishment club, make their supporters falsely believe (despite countless evidence to the contrary) that their "culture" is being denied. When in reality, if you've access to a television, radio or newspaper, their "culture" is very much the norm and in fact the most celebrated. 

IMO let cunts get on with it, who says freedom of political expression can't apply to football matches? Where else do working class people generally organise? 

Let them eat each other to death. 

You get folk in our support who'll cry about Celtics rebel songs, or Rangers' King Billy crap, but gladly sing about the Ibrox disaster or that disgusting Bobby Sands number. 

Whatever. 

Let them be stupid, let them be ignorant, the price they'll have to pay for it in the long run is their material conditions.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Grays Babylon 1875 said:

What did the Celtic one say?   Lovely bastards.

Is Kris Boyd dead yet?

"Fuck the Crown."

Actually quite a reasonable sentiment and not attacking an individual. Nothing wrong with it, in my opinion.

As I said before, it'll be viewed as overtly offensive by those at UEFA desperate to be seen as purveyors of morality in football. 

25 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

How does it give an advantage to the attacking team? They've just had their goal disallowed.

Because as I originally interpreted it was , the team given the penalty had also a player who was encroaching therefore giving them that advantage ,in the instance where the pen was initially saved ( or even coming back off the bar or post) as being there quicker for the resulting rebound ..

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I believe people of a higher intellect have a duty to at least try and educate these horrible bastards.

I agree, but banning them just makes their position more entrenched.

Its a conversation you might be able to have 1 to 1 but no way does mass punishment help the conversation. 

Part of the problem is that people view their football club, understandably, as an inseparable part of their identity. Once a club takes on specific politics, as both clubs have, it's very hard to remove yourself and apply objective balance.

I know Huns who have no interest in the nonsense, but equally don't condone it- which IMO is worse than some uneducated guy who wouldn't know any better, who's been indoctrinated. They just let it fester and run rampant, for fear of having their loyalty questioned. 

On the other side of that, I've got a Celtic fan mate, goes home and away, sings all the rebel songs and hates the Brits, doesn't really have any connection to Ireland other than his support of Celtic, and I've tried to tell him it's wrong to trivialise the struggle of the Irish Republican movement, for the sake of appearing virtuous at the football. He takes my point, but continues to sing the shit. 

For some it's almost social. It's so difficult to break the lines. 

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You're right and I know similar people. I often wonder if there is one thing that you could say to them to break that spell of fuckwittery.

They should stop breeding.

I don't know that there is. 

I think the clubs should be policing it, offering education, whatever it might be, not governmental bodies though.