Sevco Thread

Published: 17th September 2022

“Dundee United are aware of the actions of a small section of the crowd who chose to not respect the minute's silence before this afternoon's match at Ibrox.

As a club, ahead of the game we reached out to advise our supporters of the pre-match arrangements with the expectation that the minute silence would be observed.”

???

3 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Up to yir knees in fenian blood they sing every game. Sometimes they even wear the specifically designed ‘up to yir knees’ team socks. 

Absolute fucking sub humans. 
9-D151-A73-DD63-4-A3-F-ABE8-20-A1835-DAC

Those socks are actually representing the flag of Govan. Which actually was a separate town (ie not part of the Weeg) when oldco were formed

31 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Those socks are actually representing the flag of Govan. Which actually was a separate town (ie not part of the Weeg) when oldco were formed

Quick google search is inconclusive on yir theory. You seen the flag?

Moot point anyway seeing as the west coast catholic community have been led to believe it symbolises the famous line in the song since the huns started started wearing those socks. Whatever has been thrown out there since as an explanation doesnt make much odds. 

FTR, i give zero fucks about socks, i just fucking loathe huns and everything they stand for. The hate between the prods and tims historically, was one-sided and pure racism against the irish immigrants. The huns are the bad guys and have been since day one. 

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You’re at it, yes? ?

Absolutely not. I detest der hun but the story about the socks representing being up to their knees in fenian blood is just an urban myth that somehow gained traction.

I've no fucking idea who Bob Steele is, other than he's a sevconian but here's what he says about it 

Interesting fact of the day: - The famous royal blue shirt with white shorts is synonymous with Rangers. So why the long tradition of black and red socks? Black and Red are the colours of the Burgh of Govan, so the black and red socks indicate that Rangers are Govan's local team.