Sevco Thread

Fuck sake… https://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-statement-on-old-firm-violence/

RST Statement on Old Firm Violence 3rd February 2015

The Rangers Supporters Trust (RST) is extremely concerned at some of the incidents surrounding the Old Firm game at the weekend. We spoke last week about our fears that certain elements in the Celtic support were using the internet to raise sectarian tension ahead of the fixture. Sadly our concerns appear to have been well founded.

The Rangers Supporters Trust (RST) is extremely concerned at some of the incidents surrounding the Old Firm game at the weekend. We spoke last week about our fears that certain elements in the Celtic support were using the internet to raise sectarian tension ahead of the fixture. Sadly our concerns appear to have been well founded.

First of all, we would like an explanation of how the Green Brigade were once again allowed to bring an offensive, sectarian banner into the game? This group has previous for openly supporting Irish Republican terrorism, disrupting Remembrance Day, and overt sectarian behaviour. If a Rangers fan group consistently disgraced our club with offensive, sectarian banners, we would expect the club to take decisive action. Not only does Celtic Football Club tolerate the Green Brigade, they encourage them and facilitate their displays.

The use of the term “Hun” on the banner in question, despite some apologists in Scottish politics and the media playing down its significance, is clearly sectarian. Its origins in Northern Ireland are well known. All anti sectarian charities acknowledge that it is a sectarian term. We will not accept it as 'banter'. Furthermore, the use of the term “monkeys” to describe Rangers fans on another Green Brigade banner has clear parallels with historic racist language.

Its not racist

by the way how many monkeys have they signed from newcastle

Englishman Streete, 20, has played for Newcastle's under-21 side this season and also featured three times during a loan spell at Port Vale earlier this term, meaning he has already been registered with two clubs in the current campaign.

And he explained: "It's all signed from my end.

"I think the different federations in different countries have different rules. I've been told from my agent that the Scottish FA have allowed us to make the transfer so hopefully it should be fine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31121967

How can they get around this?

That is a strange one. I'm sure that hartem ben arfa had a similar problem when he went to France a few weeks ago. He's played for Hull and made one appearance for the Newcastle development squad and he's now been banned by fifa for playing for another team this season.

First of all, we would like an explanation of how the Green Brigade were once again allowed to bring an offensive, sectarian banner into the game? This group has previous for openly supporting Irish Republican terrorism, disrupting Remembrance Day, and overt sectarian behaviour. If a Rangers fan group consistently disgraced our club with offensive, sectarian banners, we would expect the club to take decisive action. Not only does Celtic Football Club tolerate the Green Brigade, they encourage them and facilitate their displays.

The use of the term “Hun” on the banner in question, despite some apologists in Scottish politics and the media playing down its significance, is clearly sectarian. Its origins in Northern Ireland are well known. All anti sectarian charities acknowledge that it is a sectarian term. We will not accept it as 'banter'. Furthermore, the use of the term “monkeys” to describe Rangers fans on another Green Brigade banner has clear parallels with historic racist language.

The purpose of the terms used by the Green Brigade - “monkeys” and “huns” - is to dehumanise Rangers fans.

In addition to the Green Brigade, we highlighted the likes of Phil MacGiollabhain, Angela Haggerty and others using dehumanising language online ahead of the fixture. Rangers fans are described regularly as “the klan”, references are made to “Stalag Sevco” and “fascists”. Again the clear purpose is to characterise Rangers fans as less than human or liken them to the worst elements of humanity – in other words, fair game for the hard of thinking who the writers seek to, and in some cases successfully, influence.

The effect of this is clear. A ten year old Rangers fan bottled by Celtic fans who forced their way onto a Rangers supporters’ bus. Another Rangers fan assaulted outside a pub by Celtic fans and hospitalised with possible brain damage. Nacho Novo once again threatened online. Curiously, instead of accurate media reporting, we see some outlets refer to the perpetrators as “rival fans”.

It is quite clear that a minority of morons in the Celtic support are listening to, and acting on, the bile churned out by MacGiollabhain, Haggerty and the Green Brigade.

Instead of ineffective legislation which produces inconsistent and at times bizarre outcomes, the Scottish government should be educating the next generation of Old Firm fans on why sectarianism is not acceptable. In addition, they should be clamping down on the online hate campaign waged by certain individuals and dealing with the type of organised, premeditated sectarianism perpetrated by groups like the Green Brigade.

The overwhelming majority of Old Firm fans, and indeed all Scottish football fans, are decent people who love their club. They are often targeted for disgraceful treatment and demonised whilst the real culprits are ignored. We thank the Celtic fan who started a collection for the young Rangers fan attacked at the weekend. We hope his club and the police will start to take the actions of online hate-mongers and the disgraceful, sectarian Green Brigade seriously and belatedly deal with them.

I remember that no one liked their old club but they didn't care. Now that everyone hates their new club they don't half come across as a bunch of easily offended whiney little bitches

Englishman Streete, 20, has played for Newcastle's under-21 side this season and also featured three times during a loan spell at Port Vale earlier this term, meaning he has already been registered with two clubs in the current campaign.

And he explained: "It's all signed from my end.

"I think the different federations in different countries have different rules. I've been told from my agent that the Scottish FA have allowed us to make the transfer so hopefully it should be fine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31121967

How can they get around this?

Ben Arfa didn't get away with it. FIFA overuled the FFF

The purpose of the terms used by the Green Brigade - “monkeys” and “huns” - is to dehumanise Rangers fans.

In addition to the Green Brigade, we highlighted the likes of Phil MacGiollabhain, Angela Haggerty and others using dehumanising language online ahead of the fixture. Rangers fans are described regularly as “the klan”, references are made to “Stalag Sevco” and “fascists”. Again the clear purpose is to characterise Rangers fans as less than human or liken them to the worst elements of humanity – in other words, fair game for the hard of thinking who the writers seek to, and in some cases successfully, influence.

The effect of this is clear. A ten year old Rangers fan bottled by Celtic fans who forced their way onto a Rangers supporters’ bus. Another Rangers fan assaulted outside a pub by Celtic fans and hospitalised with possible brain damage. Nacho Novo once again threatened online. Curiously, instead of accurate media reporting, we see some outlets refer to the perpetrators as “rival fans”.

It is quite clear that a minority of morons in the Celtic support are listening to, and acting on, the bile churned out by MacGiollabhain, Haggerty and the Green Brigade.

Instead of ineffective legislation which produces inconsistent and at times bizarre outcomes, the Scottish government should be educating the next generation of Old Firm fans on why sectarianism is not acceptable. In addition, they should be clamping down on the online hate campaign waged by certain individuals and dealing with the type of organised, premeditated sectarianism perpetrated by groups like the Green Brigade.

The overwhelming majority of Old Firm fans, and indeed all Scottish football fans, are decent people who love their club. They are often targeted for disgraceful treatment and demonised whilst the real culprits are ignored. We thank the Celtic fan who started a collection for the young Rangers fan attacked at the weekend. We hope his club and the police will start to take the actions of online hate-mongers and the disgraceful, sectarian Green Brigade seriously and belatedly deal with them.

FUCK

RIGHT

OFF

• Upvote 1

The overwhelming majority of Old Firm fans.......are decent people who love their club.

Absolute rubbish. The majority of Rangers fans indulge in sectarian chants routinely. They viciously round on any of their number who suggest leaving the dark ages behind.

It is absurd to see them - the sole purveyors of religious bigotry - claiming to be the victims of that which only they create.

Via the televised game last Sunday, constant sectarian chants were heard from the Rangers fans (at least in the bit I saw of it). It was clear there were 1000s singing, not a "small minority".

The Police made fools of themselves praising the general behaviour at the game.

It is Rangers fans alone (and their obnoxious social clubs etc) who are responsible for the continuation of bigotry in modern Scotland and this will continue until there is the political will to stamp it out and force the organisations responsible to take responsibility.

Disgracefully, sections of the media and even MSPs will point the finger at the existence of Catholic Schools, as if they are responsible for this behaviour by Rangers fans.

And this despite the Governments own figures showing that more than half of scots Catholics marry non-Catholics, which clearly demonstrates that there is no resentment, suspicion or hatred of others existing within Scottish Catholicism. (Christianity isnt about hatred or division - quite the opposite in fact.)

This shows how Scotland prefers to cause diversions or to create myths, rather than simply address the problem.

I have sympathy for the hun kid who got a burst face after being hit by a missile, but he would have gotten absolutely zero media attention if he had been part of a fan-base singing (eg):

(Swapping in other minority groups, instead of Catholics, to well know Rangers songs)

- No N*ggers of Africa, no Darkies to sadden my eyes

- Fuck the jews, big-nosed bastards

- We're up to our knees in poofters blood

Yet this behaviour is tolerated in modern Scotland because its only Catholics who are the targets.

You cant blame people for being violent towards those who despise and attempt to oppress them. Would a jew be blamed for throwing a missile at a Neo-nazi march? Would a black man be criticised for standing up to racists?

And afterwards, the purveyors of this behaviour turn around and complain about being the victims of it.

Only in Scotland - which is why this place will never amount to anything.

Rant over!

• Upvote 1

Another Rangers fan assaulted outside a pub by Celtic fans and hospitalised with possible brain damage

I was under the impression that one first needed to possess a brain, before it could be damaged?

Part of the problem if combatting this social problem is that.......this is all these people have in their lives.

This hatred and resentment - its all they have by way of an identity or culture, its all they have to understand themselves by - its the soap opera of their empty, worthless lives.

The rise of the EU and Scottish Nationalism has meant British identity has been greatly reduced in Scotland.

Their beloved football team was liquidated and replaced by a cobbled together tribute act.

The various Protestant Churches are in severe decline and will probably be completely defunct in the next 2 or 3 decades. (Not that the Rangers fans who call themselves "Protestants" even go to these Churches).

You can see that the identity of the Rangers fan is at heart an empty vessel.

Their bigtory and their hatred is the only tangible thing they have left.

It makes them feel like "the big man" to stand with others chanting about "fenian blood" . It makes them feel powerful, it makes them feel like they are someone special - instead of the typical fat semi-literate in a dead-end job (if indeed any kind of job).

I despair for Scotland.

• Upvote 2

CS I suppose the IRA stuff from Celtic is acceptable? The Green Brigade..........mmmmm. I know quite few Rangers fans and they are nothing like what you describe. Problem is they have lots of hundamentalists many of which have created factions to suit their own, in many cases, bigoted agenda, but dont succumb to the lcd and tar them all with the same brush.

CS I suppose the IRA stuff from Celtic is acceptable? The Green Brigade..........mmmmm. I know quite few Rangers fans and they are nothing like what you describe. Problem is they have lots of hundamentalists many of which have created factions to suit their own, in many cases, bigoted agenda, but dont succumb to the lcd and tar them all with the same brush.

A Hun's a Hun for a' that.

• Upvote 3

A Hun's a Hun for a' that.

Huns are cunts.

Tims (in my experience) are worse in most cases.

They try to hide behind this self labeled BS "best fans in the world" shite when in fact they are just all cunts. Especially the cunts that never go to games. The ones that watch the games on the TV & Even more so the ones abroad.

Cretinous wankstain bastards that have no respect for other fans (unless they are "linked" to their religious ways) & the game in general. They think that the game in Scotland should revolve around them first, sevco second & all the rest don't even exist. The SPFL/SFA have sucked up to them & only strengthened this opinion beyond repair.

I hate BOTH sets of fans but Celtic (in my experience) have a far higher percentage a cretinous self obsessed cunts.

They don't deserve to represent the beautiful game.

SCUM!

Hiya,

I agree the Green Brigade are of dubious repute.

You are right that I was a bit OTT with my post earlier. My apologies. Its true that the majority of Rangers fans Ive know / have known personally are better than what I described. My Father is a sometime Rangers fan, as is my wifes uncle (and various dead relations of mine). Ive many friends and colleagues who are the same.

I think the thrust of what I was saying was correct - its true they are a club with bigotry at its very heart - but I likely was too enthusiastic with my criticism.

You are dead right that we should 'not tar everyone with the same brush' and I am glad you pointed it out, where it looked like I had given license to that approach.

I wish we didn't have any IRA songs / similar in Scottish football. What place does it have? But its not the same as the "fenian blood" stuff from the Orcs, its more akin to "Flower of Scotland" at Hampden park.

I can wholly appreciate why its offensive to some people, and do not condone it. But its not sectarian. It was deeply offensive to me, for many years, given what a "Brit Whore" I am (to quote an Irish friend) and because my Father was a Policeman (and so would have been a target of the IRA, had I been Irish via accident of Birth).

Nowadays I just shrug. Its like Flower of Scotland, nothing more. Im not going to defend it in depth, as I have no personal connection to Ireland (nor plastic paddys) and dont care for the connotations of this stuff. I am Scottish, British and have bigger and more worthwhile fish to fry.

All the best Brother! :)

• Upvote 1

pound for pound we do better out of ex-Tims...for Bett see Nicholas for Rae see Hartley

I agree in general, but dont like being asked to chose between Jim Bett and Champagne Charlie.

I would choose Bett - at least he didnt go on to plague us via sky sports. (and he was born in bellshill - like me - not Hamilton as per wiki; effing Hamilton indeed)

To be honest Bett has always been a hero of mine. I remember a vicious row in a standard grade chemistry class, when I proposed Bett as the best midfielder in Scotland (ahead of McStay and Collins). Que outrage and vitriol.

I know I hate the hun more than I hate the tim...

Welcome to society. ;)

Love it! McDowall has come out and said he's been told by the Newcastle mafia running The The Rangers that he has to play all five of those loan players every week! Hah.

It's like the Mad Lithuanian at Hearts all over again. But funnier.

yep, just seen this

Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman 44m minutes ago

Wow - Kenny McDowall has just told us he's been told the 5 Newcastle players must play every game #rangers #bonkers

Raman Bhardwaj ‏@STVRaman 46 minutes ago

That instruction has come from Derek Llambias and Sandy Easdale. Kenny McDowall confirmed he had no say in the signings #rangers