Sevco Thread

It's a league system.

If they have their "glamorous" ties at the beginning then they won't have this later on....other than a wee cash injection at the beginning, I don't see how this helps them later on when they are left with shitty home ties and better away ties.

You have just said yourself in the above post why it helps them.

As I said, it's obvious. They have a serious cashflow issue.

You have just said yourself in the above post why it helps them.

As I said, it's obvious. They have a serious cashflow issue.

It doesn't help them anymore than this "cash" available to them mid season. I don't think they are in such a serious state that they won't make it through the first 12 fixtures.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

The advantage is that they are on life support financially and the authorities are giving them the glamour fixtures first.

I thought that was obvious from the above posts.

St Mirren at home being a glamour fixture for those horrible bastards gives me a warmer glow inside than 10 bowls of Ready Brek.

In my opinion, they are in a perilous financial state. If you have information to the contrary, fine.

It therefore does help them for this to happen.

There is no agreeing or disagreeing with facts min.

Well that's just the stupidest comment I've ever read.

You cannot disagree with a fact. :clangers2:

They have money from season tickets, front loading big games conspiracy stories make no sense, it's later in the year they'd be needing them more, bigger teams in the latter rounds.

I'll take what you say on sevco with a pinch of salt after you assured us of their promotion a few months ago.

still only signed Danny Wilson and the other defender or have I missed any? Considering they didnt score any goals you would think wingers/strikers are required?

Reports today they have signed two teenagers for their youth academy.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/439/9899370/rangers-sign-teenagers-jordan-gibson-and-tom-lang

Probably didnt cost owt and its just part of the "feel good" bollocks the media is trying to script, to help shift the season tickets.

In terms of actual players, this is the typical story (same link):

Rangers manager Mark Warburton is also reported to be considering deals for 23-year-old former Doncaster right-back Reece Wabara and former Livingston and Middlesbrough winger Andy Halliday.

These are two free agents; note that Warburton isnt considering them, but is "reported to be considering" them. Desperate stuff!

This made me laugh:

Reece Wabara compared to Barcelona star Dani Alves as defender nears Rangers move

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3142615/Reece-Wabara-compared-Barcelona-star-Dani-Alves-defender-nears-Rangers-move.html

Aye, I bet Alves would get released by Doncaster too :laughing:

Both are young, but have never settled anywhere for long. Maybe a step down to 'rangers' will be their level, though I do hope their level is more "public park".

• Upvote 1

Somebody casting aspersions on a new website:

Bill McMurdo and Phil Macgiollabhain. I can confirm both of these characters have received payment over the last 2 years from Mediahouse to publish stories on behalf of not just one but several of their clients with interests in Rangers

https://exposingtherhats.wordpress.com/

Interesting accusation given mcmurdo is a hun and macgiollabhain a potato fancier.

They're fucked either way.

Tbh they'd still have been struggling at 45,000 STs without a sizeable cash injection.

Livingston were relegated in 2009 to D3 due to insolvency fears, surely the SPFL must have the same fears over Sevco being able to complete their fixtures for the coming season.

Isn't it a bastard when you pick on the wee teams to set a precedent!

Livingston were relegated in 2009 to D3 due to insolvency fears, surely the SPFL must have the same fears over Sevco being able to complete their fixtures for the coming season.

Isn't it a bastard when you pick on the wee teams to set a precedent!

It would be a bastard if the authorities were consistent with their punishments. But we all know they won't be

Paraphrased from a comment on sfm.scot:

• RIFC is loss making business with no credit line from a bank
  • The proposed multi million investment from the current Chairman has not yet materialised
  • Looking at expenditure last year and projecting reasonable income going forward, they will clearly run out of money at some point in the season
  • They have not repaid the £5m loan to Sports Direct, this is being openly pursued, and are at risk of being taken to court to enforce payment

In light of the above, precisely what plans and provisions do the SPFL and the SFA have to deal with this scenario?