Sevco Thread

I agree Macgiollabhain does 'milk it' somewhat - likes to stir the pot to titilate his readers and scare the hun - but then who can blame him?

He does have a good track record, in terms of the fate of the 1st club and the carry on over the tribute act.

I have noticed an increasingly amount of bolshy huns in his comments section - his piece about King asking Ashley to buy him out was derided as "fenian drivel" - wonder if this is a sign of panic in Mordor.

Meanwhile, the main chat on rangers media is about whether they should call warburton "warbs" or "warbo". "war machine" was even suggested. So, they are all clued up and closely following events, as usual.

He'll soon be called Wharbs or Wharbo when The Rangers struggle to pick up points and slip behind Hibs in the title chase.

Surely if the swivel eyed fraudster brings them down shortly, having just passed the SFA's 'fit and proper' test, that would then call into question the whole integrity of our game's governing body?

Not that I'm saying they had any anyway, but they surely could not survive that?

I said sevco would be done by November and I stand by that.

At this point I fail to see how they can make it that far.

Season tickets sales, even if they came close to King's desired 45,000 (and they won't), does not get them through next season, let alone allow them to add to the 14 professional players on their books at the moment.

Without an investment (not a loan) of £10m+ their goose is well and truly cooked.

Even if they did get £10M investment that would still only see them OK for a year and know that lot they'd spunk it on over priced players and then be in exactly the same position next season.

I don't see how they can get out of this mess without liquidation. Regardless of gaining promotion they aren't going to win the Premiership and even if they manage that, then they certainly won't make enough money from European football to pay off their debts and repair Mt. Doom. Given that Big Mike owns their logo etc I'm guessing liquidation really would be the final nail in the coffin of the myth that they are the same club.

At this point I fail to see how they can make it that far.

Season tickets sales, even if they came close to King's desired 45,000 (and they won't), does not get them through next season, let alone allow them to add to the 14 professional players on their books at the moment.

Without an investment (not a loan) of £10m+ their goose is well and truly cooked.

I think the season ticket money will give them enough short term cash to see them through a few months.

I don't see them buying any players and those they do source will be freebies on low wages.

They can probably limp on for around four months yet at current income and expenditure levels.

I think the season ticket money will give them enough short term cash to see them through a few months.

I don't see them buying any players and those they do source will be freebies on low wages.

They can probably limp on for around four months yet at current income and expenditure levels.

Surely if they were to pay reasonable SPL salaries instead of 6-8k per week, they'd survive on their ticket sales?

Surely if they were to pay reasonable SPL salaries instead of 6-8k per week, they'd survive on their ticket sales?

I think the problem is that they already have a serious cashflow/short term debt issue which will scoop up a fair percentage of the season ticket sales.

You can tell by their behaviour. Holding off on appointing a manager for ages. Ridiculous speculation that comes to nothing.

And buying bargain basement dross.

It all points to a serious problem with funds at sevco.

Even if they did get £10M investment that would still only see them OK for a year and know that lot they'd spunk it on over priced players and then be in exactly the same position next season.

I don't see how they can get out of this mess without liquidation. Regardless of gaining promotion they aren't going to win the Premiership and even if they manage that, then they certainly won't make enough money from European football to pay off their debts and repair Mt. Doom. Given that Big Mike owns their logo etc I'm guessing liquidation really would be the final nail in the coffin of the myth that they are the same club.

That's true. But at some point the penny has to drop that they need to balance their budget most of the time. £10m buys them the chance to avoid administration in 2015/16 and balance their budget beyond that.

Where are they going to get investment from, let alone £10m worth?

Apparently King has been down begging for the long-discussed second traunch of £5m from Ashley - but:

(1) Why would he give them it, they have nothing else to grant as security?

(2) Yet another loan is not really a solution, its just fire-fighting / short-termism; in fact you can argue that its a bad move as it increases ashleys grip on the club and deepens the financial hole they are in.

Have they signed any additional players yet, or is it still just the crock who failed a medical at birmingham? Imagine how funny it would be it if he went off on a stretcher within 10-20 mins of the start of the opening game :laughing:

No harm to the bloke personally, but if you pull on that jersey you deserve all you get.

I wonder how Warburton was wooed to sign-up to this farce, they must have lied to him or promised him funny money (while knowing they cant pay it).

The wife got her MOT at a Douglas Park garage at the weekend; I was seething over it.

Whilst you could be forgiven for thinking that Warburton was the second coming but the reality is that he was the former manager of Brentford. Getting them to the playoffs after nearly £100m of investment in the Club by it's new owner was an achievement but he still got the boot at the end of it. Despite rumours of Fulham it appears that there wasn't a long list of suitors for his services.

He was probably on little more than £100k a year at Brentford, he's got the Zombie FC gig because he was cheap, and he's taken it because he was out of work and they are (in theory) still a "big club" so it could still be, at face value, an interesting job for him.

Look at this pathetic rubbish, they are trying to come up with a song for Warbs / Warbler / Warbo etc:

To the tune of Posh Spice is a Slapper...

Ooooohhhh Warbo's takin Rangers
to the top where we belong
Ronnie Delia is a pervert
he strips down to his thong

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=284499

We should keep that in mind and mockingly sing it if we ever play them again. First division dross that they are.

Im not very musically gifted, but here my song suggestion for him:

Hun! Hun! Hun! Hun! Hun!

Hun! Hun! Hun! Hun! Hun!

Hun! Hun! Hun! Hun! Hun!

Hun! Hun! Hun! Hun! Hun!

They seem totally intoxicated with him, drunk on the sound of his name. I look forward to the dawn of reality.

The atmosphere around the Orcs reminds me of the desperate last days in Berlin, as the Soviets moved in, yet still the nazi fanatics thought it would all work out alright - just as soon as the Fuhrer unveiled his secret super-weapons, "wunder-waffen", that would win the war for them. Meanwhile old Adolf was sitting thinking what would be the best way to top himself.

Its the exact same as them waiting, wild eyed, for King to unveil what they call "marque signings" - while hes actually trying to punt his shares and get the hell outta dodge.

They think Stevie May is going to leave Sheffield Wednesday and come to play for them.

:)

Sad to see another young Scottish player throw his career away, this is going to set him back significantly I think. Much as it has to guys like Wallace & Templeton who may never get international careers back on track after wasting years playing at a low level when they should have been pushing themselves at a much higher level.

Not sure quite how thick these players are but they do seem incredibly easily misled into signing for any old pile of shite with a "Rangurs" badge on it.

How have Berwick Rangers not snapped up all the mopes long ago I'll never understand.

Sad to see another young Scottish player throw his career away, this is going to set him back significantly I think. Much as it has to guys like Wallace & Templeton who may never get international careers back on track after wasting years playing at a low level when they should have been pushing themselves at a much higher level.

Not sure quite how thick these players are but they do seem incredibly easily misled into signing for any old pile of shite with a "Rangurs" badge on it.

How have Berwick Rangers not snapped up all the mopes long ago I'll never understand.

£1.25 Million goes a long way to softening the blow over 3 years for Mr Wilson. What an incredible amount of money for someone that must have been earning 2 grand a week last year! I mean he's been a free agent for 6 months and nobody's snapped him up! Surely 4 grand a week at most he would have bitten your hand off at. These cunts seem intent on a self inflicted death, just like the old Rangers.

I don't think Wilson's in the same boat as Templeton and Wallace but there's certainly an air of "easy option" about it. But In his eyes, another year in the Championship and then he's competing for the league title next season. That's how they reel them in me thinks.

You have to wonder if someone is sat at Ibrox playing Football Manager. They try out buying certain players, get knocked back, then edit the Finances section and add millions, and then go after the likes of Danny Wilson for 8k a week. He joins the team along with other overpaid moneygrabbers and they romp the Championship before going on to CL glory.

It's worked in the game, so is good enough for reality.

• Upvote 2

£1.25 Million goes a long way to softening the blow over 3 years for Mr Wilson. What an incredible amount of money for someone that must have been earning 2 grand a week last year! I mean he's been a free agent for 6 months and nobody's snapped him up! Surely 4 grand a week at most he would have bitten your hand off at. These cunts seem intent on a self inflicted death, just like the old Rangers.

I don't think Wilson's in the same boat as Templeton and Wallace but there's certainly an air of "easy option" about it. But In his eyes, another year in the Championship and then he's competing for the league title next season. That's how they reel them in me thinks.

I disagree Pudgie.

There is no excuse for any half decent football player joining this shambles, not players that should be entering their peak. Older players who just want to top up the pension fair enough I can understand it. But for guys like Wilson its shameful.

Wilson could go on to better things, he just needed the right club.

I'm convinced he has just signed the death warrant on his own career, this could set him back years.

Idiotic.

• Upvote 3

They way they are going, they won't be around in 3 years! When this incarnation folds, he'll be one of th first to disappear off to another club a la Naismith etc

Quite willing to believe they are paying him that much, or at least promising to. What the huns say and do are two very different things. Wilson's career is over though, no doubt about that.

I don't get why this is being treated as such a massive signing though? He's a defender that did OK in the championship for a season and has pretty much failed everywhere else.