Sevco Thread

I've no idea what you are talking about now.

What is the going rate for a first team player at Ibrox.

Where do these figures come from?

It's been well established that Black is on 10k a week. Zaliukas is on more than he was on at Hearts. Kevin Kyle was astounded and would have signed for a quarter of what he was offered.

Black, Templeton and Sheils all came in at the same time and it's not a mad idea to assume Templeton and Sheils are on close to 10k as well.

EDIT: Found this about Alexander.

The 34-year-old was initially offered a new 12-month deal on around £10,000-a-week but that was turned down because he wanted a two-year contract, the same as fellow veteran and club captain Lee McCulloch recently penned.

Alexander was stunned when Rangers returned with a final take-it-or-leave-it offer, still for one season but less than half of what the club initially tabled.

So they were ready to hand over 10k a week, but found someone better, and wanted rid of Alexander so removed the offer. 10k a week is what they are paying their top "stars" and that is how they have managed to burn through £100M in 3 years. What do you think they've been doing? Throwing £20 notes into the coal burner to keep the undersoil heating on?

These players signed ages ago as you've already been told.

They were not in a critical position at that point.

I see 'would have' and 'assume' above. I'm asking you what you are basing these assumptions on?

Aye, but they're still under contract (although I'm unsure about Black). To put people in a squad at a wage a fraction of the others is asking for trouble. There's no way that new signings will be accepting <50% of what other players have been and are getting.

They aren't in a critical position at the moment remember. King's got a warchest that he's about to open. Or that's what's being released to the public.

What are you basing your assumptions on? All I've seen is that you have seen players wages and that I'm talking nonsense.

What others? Sevco's squad is threadbare and most of the big contracts are gone. Lee Wallace is the only player left that TUPEd over when Rangers ceased to exist.

2m5xxle.png

Kenny Miller is probably on a decent whack but I don't imagine that many of the others are.

Oh my word. Just look at that squad. In all its glory. That must hurt them so much. What an absolute delight that not one of them would get into our side

• Upvote 1

Aye, but they're still under contract (although I'm unsure about Black). To put people in a squad at a wage a fraction of the others is asking for trouble. There's no way that new signings will be accepting <50% of what other players have been and are getting.

They aren't in a critical position at the moment remember. King's got a warchest that he's about to open. Or that's what's being released to the public.

What are you basing your assumptions on? All I've seen is that you have seen players wages and that I'm talking nonsense.

Mine are not assumptions.

I know how much clubs in Scotland will pay to various wage brackets in their squads and it's a lot less than the huns are reporting that they are paying to their players.

So either the huns are lying, or?

I think we can conclude the former without hesitation.

Wages in Scottish football have decreased quite dramatically in recent times, and are now more in line with the common man.

Oh my word. Just look at that squad. In all its glory. That must hurt them so much. What an absolute delight that not one of them would get into our side

It's fantastic isn't it. Kids, donkeys and could have been's.

I'd even struggle to take Cummy Bell. Every one of the players we have are miles ahead of their counterparts.

It's fantastic isn't it. Kids, donkeys and could have been's.

I'd even struggle to take Cummy Bell. Every one of the players we have are miles ahead of their counterparts.

Imagine having to watch that shit having grown up watching Laudrup, Gazza and then the de Boer twins.

lol

Different club though innit?

Well aye, but the fans still had the pleasure of going to Ibrox and seeing some great football on display. Now they go to Ibrox (if they transferred to the new club) and watch shite. Like real shite. Ricky Foster level shite. Shite that's beneath us. Well beneath us. Thankfully.

Macgiollabhain develops the Boardroom split at Mordor story.

Also says the huns are getting a substantial 6 figure bill for unsold replica shirts last season :) Yaaas!

If the hun rank and file dont buy Ashleys replics tops, the club is obliged to buy them :laughing:

So ironically the large scale merchandise boycott the fans are talking about now will only hurt the club more this season. Good.

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/normal-channels/#more-6513

That's the part of the deal they did not want the Daily Ranger to publish.

Buyback of all unsold stock at full price.

This was fine when they were selling half a million shirts and getting 50% of the proceeds.

Not so fine when you are selling 50,000 if you are lucky and getting 25% of the proceeds.

Stupid hun bastards :laughing:

On the Danny Wilson wages story. Not convinced on that number.

Kris Boyd went to sevco on more than he was offered by Killie but LESS than he was offered by Dundee United and Aberdeen. He didn't want to commute in the end and his wife refused to move.

Talk of them offering silly wages like £8k/week basic before bonus etc is poppycock.

On the Danny Wilson wages story. Not convinced on that number.

Kris Boyd went to sevco on more than he was offered by Killie but LESS than he was offered by Dundee United and Aberdeen. He didn't want to commute in the end and his wife refused to move.

Talk of them offering silly wages like £8k/week basic before bonus etc is poppycock.

Hun.

Macgiollabhain develops the Boardroom split at Mordor story.

Also says the huns are getting a substantial 6 figure bill for unsold replica shirts last season :) Yaaas!

If the hun rank and file dont buy Ashleys replics tops, the club is obliged to buy them :laughing:

So ironically the large scale merchandise boycott the fans are talking about now will only hurt the club more this season. Good.

http://www.philmacgiollabhain.ie/normal-channels/#more-6513

From what I remember their was a story that Sports Direct suggested they order N thousands shirts based on previous figures and analysis, but Sevco insisted they would need more as they have 500 Millions etc etc. So they ordered 5 x N thousand.

So we know Sevco are skint and it appears King is potless.

I think people are getting a wee bit too hot under the collar about their signings though. Their squad is threadbare and they do need bodies in, they aren't paying any transfer fees or compensation for anyone named to date. If one ignores the Scottish MSM season ticket drive on behalf of the current occupants of Ibrox and look at the reality of these latest appointments and signings.

Warburton - is not actually the hottest young managerial property in the UK. He's a guy who made enough money in the City to be comfortable for the rest of his life and took up football coaching in middle age. His track record is incredibly limited and whilst getting promoted to the Championship and reaching its playoffs is an achievement of sorts, they've been well funded in doing so. Got the boot for not being willing to go with the Chairman's moneyball vision for the club. One might have expected that a dynamic young manager would have been quite comfortable with that approach.

What he is, though, is cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if Sally (still on the payroll) takes as much between now and December as Warburton takes in 2-3 years. That said, he is exactly the type of manager they should have appointed when they were first formed in 2012. Also, seems to have the right approach to the culture of a professional sports team which could be a real positive for them ........ but then again look what happened to Paul Le Guen with the previous tenants at Ibrox.

Kiernan - solid if unspectacular central defender who has spent almost his entire career on loan and has average about 10 games a season throughout his career. Obviously a bit thick as he apparently turned down Birmingham due to the lure of Champions League football :hysterical:

Wilson - solid if unspectacular central defender who had talent but failed to make it down south. Will do well for them in the Championship

Eustace - at face value a decentish signing being a quality Championship midfielder with a couple of forays into the Premiership who has been captain at most of his clubs. However he's ageing and injury prone having averaged about 15 appearances per season over his career.

Are those players better than McCulloch, Faure, Foster and Mohsni? Debatable. Cheaper? Certainly.

• Upvote 1