Sevco Thread

Couldn't give a shite who goes down. Nae difference to Aberdeen financially which of the current teams from 3rd down to 12th.

Even the great traveling Hearts support only brought just over a thousand folk at the weekend.

Hearts took 1,251 - pretty decent for a 1230 game live on to.

Of more concern is the fact only 11,859 AFC fans could be arsed going.

• Upvote 1

Hearts took 1,251 - pretty decent for a 1230 game live on to.

Of more concern is the fact only 11,859 AFC fans could be arsed going.

Point is we are hardly going to miss Hearts away support financially. Two games a season with 1200 fans as opposed to (for example) two games with a side taking 400 fans.

Nae a lot of cash in the grand scale

Point is we are hardly going to miss Hearts away support financially. Two games a season with 1200 fans as opposed to (for example) two games with a side taking 400 fans.

Nae a lot of cash in the grand scale

Not a lot of cash but I'd rather have 1,200 Hearts fans than the 40 Accies ones.

I'm more concerned about how crap our support is though.

• Upvote 1

A lot like to talk about our support without actually attending themselves.

If the huns comes up, they come up. It's a year later than expected so their run through the leagues is already a failure. They'll win the league this season though, Hibs and bottle don't go.

Milne needs to focus on us and make sure we're in the best possible position to beat them and move in on the tims.

Not a lot of cash but I'd rather have 1,200 Hearts fans than the 40 Accies ones.

I'm more concerned about how crap our support is though.

The RDS Lower, South Stand & Main stand all looked 90+ % full on Saturday.

I don't think the Merkland and RDS Upper holds 7,000 between them.

Read into that what you will.

I don't see anything on the beeb site,only that its mentioned in the gossip page.

Daily mail and the sun ( well !!!!)

Is there a reliable source as to what Milne has actually said ?

To simply wave away years of cheating for reasons I cant quite fathom just doesn't seem right.

I'm baffled and if I'm honest upset that he would say something along those lines.

If it goes to a 14 team league then its only one gate that will be recieved ?

Is that going to make a big difference to AFC's finances.Telly money,whats that going to be worth to us ?

Yes there might be a bit more money but is that worth selling your soul for ?

Then there are those within our own support who might think thats the final nail in the coffin as to giving further support to the club or even to scottish foorball.

The game is quite plainly corrupt but many of us hope that it will somehow come good in the end.This statement ( if true ) doesn't bode well.

foorball !? I need more cider.

anyone know who this is

Sent to AFC this morning….
Dear Mr Milne,

I started my Aberdeen supporting career way back in the late 70’s. My first big memory is attending the match via FC Sion at the beginning of our amazing ECWC campaign of 82-83. I’ve been a season ticket holder for many of the years since, but unfortunately as work dragged me way from Aberdeen my attendance at Pittodrie has reduced somewhat. However, I have attended many a game where I wished I hadn’t, those embarrassing defeats at home to Livingston will forever burn in my memory. That said I have never been as embarrassed I was was reading your recent comments with regards to Scottish football and TRFC.

Can I firstly point out that we already have the top teams in the top league of the SPFL. Those are the teams that are there ON MERIT. That is the point of a league system, or perhaps Mr Milne would prefer we just hand picked the teams we wanted and removed relegation and promotion?

But, my main point is this. I was one of those supporters who was defrauded. I was one of those supporters that turned up at least every second week, to pay over my hard earned cash to watch a football match. A sporting occasion, where to teams match up to fight out for points in a league competition, or in one-off cup matches. The important phrase is “Sporting”. Do you think I would have invested one penny if I had know that there was one team in Scotland who were running roughshod over the rules and regulations, who were telling lies to the authorities, who were screwing the national government by withholding taxes, who were running up massive amounts of debt, who were so deeply interwoven with the authorities that those self same authorities were choosing to ignore irregularities……. etc etc etc etc etc???

Do you really believe that as supporters we should just shut up and continue to pay into this sham? I want the cheating to be acknowledged, I want the titles gained by that club to be declared void (not re-assigned, just declared void). In fact I would really like to have every pound I invested in watching the game over that period returned to me. I repeat, I was defrauded – you sold me tickets on the basis that I was attending a fair sporting competition. It very clearly was not. I must hold you partly responsible for that, and I believe your comments yesterday were an insult to every supporter who invested time and money in those competitions.

So Mr Milne. How dare you ask me to forget and move on. I will not forget that I was cheated, I know thousands of others from every club in Scotland (bar 1) will not forget that they were cheated. Why the hell should I just move on, what contrition has there been from RFC/TRFC?? absolutely none! In fact they continue to behave as if they have been harshly treated! There has been no punishment, bar from a single £250,000 fine which I believe has yet to be paid. Instead you and every other chairman (with one or two notable exceptions, the Late Mr Turnbull being a shining light amongst a field full of duds) have done all you can to accommodate this new club – or is it company, or holding company or…..?? Its a mess, and you can count yourself partially responsible. If only you had all insisted that the SFA apply the rules without fear or favour. Like they did with Spartans for missing out a single signature perhaps, or Elgin for unsporting conduct. One rule for everyone except for RFC.

You have to decide on your next move Stewart. You had better choose carefully. What is a football club without its fans? You are very close to losing me, and I know thousands of Scottish football fans feel the same way. Carry on this ridiculous subservient attitude to the team from Govan and I will never step foot inside Pittodrie again. This relentless pursuit of the dodgy blue pound was almost the ruination of Scottish football, be careful or that “armageddon” we were promised in 2012 by Doncaster and his shoddy crew may yet arise – only it may be because the attendances will plummet as supporters such as myself will refuse to be taken for fools once again.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year,
Stand Free

http://www.sfm.scot/lns-a-summary/comment-page-30/#comment-24784

Interesting that Houston and Milne have come out with the same thing within hours of each other it looks like full on 14 team league campaign

(edit) someone on that forum thinks they might be heading for another points deduction hence the panic over a change to the league setup(edit)

Having spoken to Stewart Milne for a near an hour at Alex Fergusons thing. Yeah the "Rangers back" comment not to my taste but he's a dons fan, totally sound guy and also a very capable business man. He's delivered a debt free Aberdeen in a shit enviroment.

If you like having McInnes... who hired him? If you like being debt free... who made that happen? Easy snipes on sound bites but really think he deserves much better.

Having spoken to Stewart Milne for a near an hour at Alex Fergusons thing. Yeah the "Rangers back" comment not to my taste but he's a dons fan, totally sound guy and also a very capable business man. He's delivered a debt free Aberdeen in a shit enviroment.

If you like having McInnes... who hired him? If you like being debt free... who made that happen? Easy snipes on sound bites but really think he deserves much better.

If you like having debt.... Who made that happen?

If you like winning things... who made that happen? :tumbleweed: Ooops sorry. forgot the league cup.

His attitude concerns me on this issue.

It seems he does not share the consensus of his own support.

This cannot be healthy. It could end up costing him any reputation he has restored over the last couple of years.

They can't come back as they've never been there to begin with.

He's had some horrendous decisions and the odd decent one.

I'm neither here nor there with Milne. Think he's just nae got the personality to be in front of a camera or an interviewer.

If he publicly and implicitly backs the return of sevco with no sanction for decades of base cheating, I would suggest he's playing with fire.

That would be the end of him as Dons chairman. Zero backbone.

Probably sorted over succulent lamb and rolled up trouser legs with the GASL.

What has all this to do with sevco? Internal stuff?

because stuart milne said he wanted the huns back in a 14 team league yesterday same time as others did making some suspicious

dons fans have emailed him to show their dissaproval

anyone know who this is

Sent to AFC this morning….

Dear Mr Milne,

I started my Aberdeen supporting career way back in the late 70’s. My first big memory is attending the match via FC Sion at the beginning of our amazing ECWC campaign of 82-83. I’ve been a season ticket holder for many of the years since, but unfortunately as work dragged me way from Aberdeen my attendance at Pittodrie has reduced somewhat. However, I have attended many a game where I wished I hadn’t, those embarrassing defeats at home to Livingston will forever burn in my memory. That said I have never been as embarrassed I was was reading your recent comments with regards to Scottish football and TRFC.

Can I firstly point out that we already have the top teams in the top league of the SPFL. Those are the teams that are there ON MERIT. That is the point of a league system, or perhaps Mr Milne would prefer we just hand picked the teams we wanted and removed relegation and promotion?

But, my main point is this. I was one of those supporters who was defrauded. I was one of those supporters that turned up at least every second week, to pay over my hard earned cash to watch a football match. A sporting occasion, where to teams match up to fight out for points in a league competition, or in one-off cup matches. The important phrase is “Sporting”. Do you think I would have invested one penny if I had know that there was one team in Scotland who were running roughshod over the rules and regulations, who were telling lies to the authorities, who were screwing the national government by withholding taxes, who were running up massive amounts of debt, who were so deeply interwoven with the authorities that those self same authorities were choosing to ignore irregularities……. etc etc etc etc etc???

Do you really believe that as supporters we should just shut up and continue to pay into this sham? I want the cheating to be acknowledged, I want the titles gained by that club to be declared void (not re-assigned, just declared void). In fact I would really like to have every pound I invested in watching the game over that period returned to me. I repeat, I was defrauded – you sold me tickets on the basis that I was attending a fair sporting competition. It very clearly was not. I must hold you partly responsible for that, and I believe your comments yesterday were an insult to every supporter who invested time and money in those competitions.

So Mr Milne. How dare you ask me to forget and move on. I will not forget that I was cheated, I know thousands of others from every club in Scotland (bar 1) will not forget that they were cheated. Why the hell should I just move on, what contrition has there been from RFC/TRFC?? absolutely none! In fact they continue to behave as if they have been harshly treated! There has been no punishment, bar from a single £250,000 fine which I believe has yet to be paid. Instead you and every other chairman (with one or two notable exceptions, the Late Mr Turnbull being a shining light amongst a field full of duds) have done all you can to accommodate this new club – or is it company, or holding company or…..?? Its a mess, and you can count yourself partially responsible. If only you had all insisted that the SFA apply the rules without fear or favour. Like they did with Spartans for missing out a single signature perhaps, or Elgin for unsporting conduct. One rule for everyone except for RFC.

You have to decide on your next move Stewart. You had better choose carefully. What is a football club without its fans? You are very close to losing me, and I know thousands of Scottish football fans feel the same way. Carry on this ridiculous subservient attitude to the team from Govan and I will never step foot inside Pittodrie again. This relentless pursuit of the dodgy blue pound was almost the ruination of Scottish football, be careful or that “armageddon” we were promised in 2012 by Doncaster and his shoddy crew may yet arise – only it may be because the attendances will plummet as supporters such as myself will refuse to be taken for fools once again.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year,

Stand Free

http://www.sfm.scot/lns-a-summary/comment-page-30/#comment-24784

Interesting that Houston and Milne have come out with the same thing within hours of each other it looks like full on 14 team league campaign

(edit) someone on that forum thinks they might be heading for another points deduction hence the panic over a change to the league setup(edit)