Sevco Thread

Hatchet job on Warburton in the Sun by Cammy Bell. You've got to hand it to Traynor, he knows how to work the media.

Sun went a bit off message by referring to Warburton as the "axed" manager.

Also note how no Scottish media outlet have sided with Warburton on his "resigning" rubbish.

P.S

The reason they are taking a while to make an appointment is they are waiting to see who the fans want as manager then they will act to appease them.

"The guy for me [would be] Derek McInnes. But they are not going to get Derek probably until the end of the season." Barry Ferguson :hysterical:

Hmm... Lets see... Reaping the benefits of managing Aberdeen in Europe for a fourth consecutive year or taking over the thankless task at the helm of a basket case on life support?

Decisions, decisions...

Fuck off Barry you utter cunt.

Correct...

And he gave his backing to Aberdeen boss McInnes, who played alongside Ferguson at Rangers, as a "perfect" permanent appointment.

"The guy for me [would be] Derek McInnes. But they are not going to get Derek probably until the end of the season.

"He's the perfect guy for the job. He's done an unbelievable job up at Aberdeen and he suits The Rangers down to a tee.

"He knows the club. He's a good manager. Him and 'Doc' [Dons assistant boss Tony Docherty] have done a great job up there."

He will be a pundit on BBC, BT or Sky very soon I would imagine.

^^

BBC nailed on.

He's been a permanent fixture on their website for months. No wonder he's been a disaster at Clyde, too busy opining on the huns on the BBC and in the Record.

Writes a column in one of the daily rags too. Presumably they accept submissions in crayon.

Also a regular on the the Real Rangers Radio show, weeknights 6:30pm BBC Radio Scotland.

The Rangers defender Clint Hill claims a third-place finish would represent a successful season.

"This club is built on success and winning things, and in any other circumstance being third is not a success.
"But at the moment, where the club is, and the difficulties they have been in, I think getting a European spot would be counted as a success.
"It was always European qualification that was one of the objectives this season.

"Unfortunately we have let Aberdeen slip away from us a little bit. It's still not over by any means. We still have to play them twice.
"But European qualification was one of the main aims and objectives this season."

I though the main aim was the title and CLF .

Well that is what ALL the media told us at the start of the campaign.

Ibrox board drew up a four-man shortlist, with Leeds United manager Garry Monk, Birmingham City's Gary Rowett, Aberdeen's Derek McInnes and former Rangers manager Alex McLeish having been discussed

The man third on that list better be made up by the media.

Can't see Monk coming if Leeds win the playoffs, and I can't see him supping from the poisoned well until that is decided.

Know fuck all about Rowett other than he's been good enough to get Birmingham to 14th in the Championship and presumably he would cost them to get him before the season end.

McInnes will only go if he gets fucked over by the planners on the training ground. That's June.

Mcleish. Regrettably haven't seen much in Big Eck to suggest he isn't a cheque book manager. His only advantage is he'd be available now.

Laughable that they wouldn't have Tommy Wright on that list.

McLeish is up against a surprise contender in little known Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha, who was previously on the brink of a move to Ibrox before Mark Warburton took the job in the summer of 2015.

The 46-year-old is currently head coach with mega rich Qatari club Al-Gharafa on a bumper tax free pay packet - believed to be around £2m a year - but The Rangers will hope the lure of a possible pathway into the English Premier League could be enough to tempt him to Britain for a fraction of that sum.

​A pathway to the EPL you say.....sign me up :hysterical:

McLeish is up against a surprise contender in little known Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha, who was previously on the brink of a move to Ibrox before Mark Warburton took the job in the summer of 2015.

The 46-year-old is currently head coach with mega rich Qatari club Al-Gharafa on a bumper tax free pay packet - believed to be around £2m a year - but The Rangers will hope the lure of a possible pathway into the English Premier League could be enough to tempt him to Britain for a fraction of that sum.

Pathway to abject failure and destroying all credentials as a coach more like.

I thought Warburton using them as a stepping stone was one of reasons they gave for sacking him no?

Barry Ferguson had his brother touting him for the hun job till summer on sky news yesterday, even used the magic phrase "I'm sure he'd do it for nothing"! We can but hope he gets it

The Rangers are NOT in crisis insists MD Stewart Robertson

If the Daily Record needs to reassure the huns that this is the case, they are in deep shit.

Above all though, our next manager will be someone who understands that defeat can never be acceptable. The Rangers is synonymous with winning and we will select a manager who is also a winner.

:hysterical:

The Rangers have identified Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha as the man they want to succeed Mark Warburton at Ibrox.

Caixinha is the Portuguese James Bond: a bull fighting, jet skiing, action man, according to a Qatari TV presenter. "He looks the part, he is absolutely immaculate and he really is an action man," says Rhodri Williams. "When he is not on the training pitch he is out on his jet ski and all kinds of stuff."

Not many chances to home his bullfighting skills in Glasgow :hysterical: