Sevco Thread

McLeish is up against a surprise contender in little known Portuguese coach Pedro Caixinha, who was previously on the brink of a move to Ibrox before Mark Warburton took the job in the summer of 2015.

The 46-year-old is currently head coach with mega rich Qatari club Al-Gharafa on a bumper tax free pay packet - believed to be around £2m a year - but The Rangers will hope the lure of a possible pathway into the English Premier League could be enough to tempt him to Britain for a fraction of that sum.

​A pathway to the EPL you say.....sign me up :hysterical:

strange...... isn't that the very thing they used against Warbs to justify the imaginary resignation? Now all of a sudden that a European coach with an exotic sounding name is on the horizon it's all OK again.

In the 201011 season he returned to head coaching duties and made his Primeira Liga debuts, leading U.D. Leiria to the tenth position.

Caixinha resigned after only three games into the following campaign, amidst rumours of several months due in wages to both him and the players.

Sounds like he has the experience necessary for the role.

Rangers will have to pay the legal bills of former chief executive Charles Green and billionaire businessman Mike Ashley after the club halted a legal action.

Lawyers for Rangers attended the Court of Session in Edinburgh because the club's current owners object to a 2012 deal which allowed Mr Ashley's Sports Direct to have the "naming rights" to Ibrox Stadium.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/1382098-rangers-to-pay-charles-green-and-mike-ashley-s-legal-fees/?utm_content=buffer34c58&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

:hysterical:

Indicative of nothing but being bored oot me arse at work I note the theory flying about the interweb that if we fuck up against Motherwell on the 11th that Timbo is going for the league in their fixture on the 12th. Who's that against then?

Even if we beat Motherwell they'll all but clinch it anyway. Goal difference far superior. Highly unlikely they'd lose every game thereafter anyway.

Indicative of nothing but being bored oot me arse at work I note the theory flying about the interweb that if we fuck up against Motherwell on the 11th that Timbo is going for the league in their fixture on the 12th. Who's that against then?

Sunday 12th March 2017

Celtic v Rangers
Scottish Premiership
12:00
Sky Sports 1

From hun Media on the supposed imminent appointment of Pedro Caixinha

"Is he gay? seems to be the chat on follow follow"

Would surely be too good to be true...the hun with an out Gaylord at the hem...would see some of the the diehard old school bluenoses topping themselves...

Al-Gharafa have published the following statement: ‘Pedro Caixinha denied the existence of negotiations with him to take over the responsibility of training the team Glasgow Rangers, stressing that he has a contract with Al-Gharafa and there’s no truth at all to it.’

Of course, it could simply be manager and club trying to put on a public face, with very different things happening in private. But, as far as Al-Gharafa are concerned, they want to get a message out that talk of Pedro Caixinha going to Rangers is nonsense.

Someone is talking porkies :hysterical:

Al-Gharafa have published the following statement: ‘Pedro Caixinha denied the existence of negotiations with him to take over the responsibility of training the team Glasgow Rangers, stressing that he has a contract with Al-Gharafa and there’s no truth at all to it.’

Of course, it could simply be manager and club trying to put on a public face, with very different things happening in private. But, as far as Al-Gharafa are concerned, they want to get a message out that talk of Pedro Caixinha going to Rangers is nonsense.

I'd rather they weren't...

So if they aren't willing to roll over and have their belly tickled, as it seems, there wold be the sticky subject of compensation.

He's on a reportedly very high wage out there, so to buy him out of his contract would be very expensive...

Id like to think that if I was Pedro Itchyberry, it'd take some huge convincing to swap the glorious sun drenched life he has right now, for the slightly underwhelming experience of Glasgows Govan area. I mean, how much is that number, the one that equates to how much money its worth.

What would it cost to get you to manage sevco? A billion? A million? 100 thousand?

I'll do it on the cheap, don't think they'll get much motivation from me but I'd love to run them into the ground for fun.

First signings - Jerry Adams and Martin McGuiness

It'd be a bit like Brian Clough taking over at Leeds and telling the players to throw their medals in the bin as they were won by being dirty cheats.

No player at Hamilton should be considered good enough for Aberdeen.

Nonsense!!!

Would you not have taken Snodgrass Griffiths or Dorrans from Livingston if we had the chance, or would you be saying "No player at Livi should be considered good enough for Aberdeen"

These teams are more than capable of unearthing a few hidden gems due to their central belt location and catchment areas, it should be our aim to spot them early enough offer the clubs a small developmental fee and get them up to Aberdeen to develop with a big club.

But to keep on topic, Newco are still sh*te ?

• Downvote 1