Sevco Thread

Rangers fans have raised £3500 for a charity collector abused by supporters of the Ibrox club.

John Burkill, who pledged to raise £1m for cancer research after the death of his wife, was sworn at and robbed on Sunday.
The 78-year-old was accosted outside Hillsborough Stadium before Sheffield Wednesday's game with Rangers, reportedly because he was wearing green.
He was sworn at before fans stole his wig and items from the pram he pushes around.
Rangers FC's Club 1872 supporters' group has apologised to Mr Burkill and fans have raised £3500 for him.
"We were surprised and disappointed because all the other reports we had heard from the day were really positive," said Laura Fox, one of the directors of 1872.
"We hope to atone for an unfortunate and inappropriate incident to show John that the majority of the Rangers support don't represent themselves or the club in that way and we're supportive of his fundraising.
"We've spoken to the club about getting John up to Ibrox and to make him feel welcome, encourage him to do some fundraising and to present him with a cheque for the money we've raised."
Mr Burkill was targeted outside the stadium at 2pm on Sunday as thousands of Rangers supporters made their way to the game ahead of their 2-0 win.
Known locally as the "mad man with the pram", Mr Burkhill said he would not let the incident stop him.
"I stand outside Hillsborough on every single match day and I won't let this stop me," he said.
"It was not good at the time and I learned some swear words I had never heard before - and all because I was wearing green like Celtic do.
"I took a lot of abuse but I stood my ground and didn't let them stop me doing what I was there to do - to raise money for Macmillan - because it is too important to me."
He added: "The Wednesday fans who know me saw all this happen and were upset because 95% of them probably know me.
"It could have caused some real bother but it wasn't all the Rangers fans so thankfully nothing else happened."
Rob Turner from Macmillan Cancer Support said he was "shocked" by the attack.

shows you what a mickey mouse outfit sevco fc are when Ryan Jack is lauded as some kind of brilliant signing, he is anything but he is shyte.

Aye a sevco fan in my work (admittedly a decent fella) was raving about jack the other day and I just thought if he is a stand out in your side it just means your shite.

I replied with a diplomatic "we'll see how he does over the course of the season".

What I want to know about sevco is when this much vaunted "cold shoulder" from the takeover panel will start to affect them. Its been a long wait for nothing so far.

Aye a sevco fan in my work (admittedly a decent fella) was raving about jack the other day and I just thought if he is a stand out in your side it just means your shite.

I replied with a diplomatic "we'll see how he does over the course of the season".

What I want to know about sevco is when this much vaunted "cold shoulder" from the takeover panel will start to affect them. Its been a long wait for nothing so far.

Do yous work in a pawn shop? They do know a fair bit about recycling possessions

• Downvote 1

Not just triumphalist Protestant shite but new emboldened apparently immortal seemingly untouchable Protestant shite. Enjoy.

Think this culture is dying, even at sevco.

Saw a thread on hun media recently "are we still a protestant club?" - and a surprisingly large number of them didnt identify with that. (Of course very few of them are religious at all, mirroring wider society.)

I think thats been the case for a while, but those with a more modern outlook have been shouted down by those who hang onto that for a sense of identity (particularly northern irish fans).

Many of them even said they dont care who or what the players are, as long as they try hard for the team. I was almost tempted to revise my extremely low opinion of them as a social group. Almost.

The consensus seemed to be that they are now a club open to anyone, but have "links with protestantism and loyalism" - this is completely erroneous but will remain for as long as some of them cling to this to feel like they have an identity,

They love talking about their "traditions" and all this kind of thing, but its all empty waffle.

If a football club has any tradition other than playing football, then something isn't right!

From my entirely disinterested uninvolved aethiest standpoint I'd agree the whole Protestantism thing is reducing vis a vis "Rangers" but it has been shackled onto a wider 'triumphalist' gig. Whether it's winning the league to Tina Turner by cheating or bashing their wee drums up streets full of people they know damn fine take offence at them doing so that seems to be what floats their boat.

• Upvote 2

Joking apart, if anyone can't see the shift in media coverage just now, starting from the terrorising locals/singing Rigby songs as we all know happens most weeks but is just ignored to full on Celtic Bad Rangers Good then you're not looking.

I'm fairness both are scum and the media reporting of both confirms this. No conspiracy

• Upvote 1

Think this culture is dying, even at sevco.

Saw a thread on hun media recently "are we still a protestant club?" - and a surprisingly large number of them didnt identify with that. (Of course very few of them are religious at all, mirroring wider society.)

I think thats been the case for a while, but those with a more modern outlook have been shouted down by those who hang onto that for a sense of identity (particularly northern irish fans).

Many of them even said they dont care who or what the players are, as long as they try hard for the team. I was almost tempted to revise my extremely low opinion of them as a social group. Almost.

The consensus seemed to be that they are now a club open to anyone, but have "links with protestantism and loyalism" - this is completely erroneous but will remain for as long as some of them cling to this to feel like they have an identity,

They love talking about their "traditions" and all this kind of thing, but its all empty waffle.

If a football club has any tradition other than playing football, then something isn't right!

Tbf most of the thick cunts probably thought they were being asked if they thought they were a club that protested a lot & didn't want to be seen as to be like the green brigade

I think it's gotten worse. It's every other week there's some pish coming out whether it be the Jack song, "we hate catholics" or the boat with Simply the Best playing and between the lines them all singing "fuck the pope and the IRA".

Celtic fans have gotten worse as well. That Linfield game was just poison.

Just when one of the arse cheeks does something to let the other take the moral high ground, the other decides to go and make a cunt of itself.

This.

It always staggers me how Celtic in particular have never carved out a niche for themselves as the 'acceptable' or 'normal' face of Glasgow's so-called great footballing divide. Instead they appear hell-bent on rivalling Rangers for sheer utter cuntishness. Bewildering, and also bewilderingly stupid.

This.

It always staggers me how Celtic in particular have never carved out a niche for themselves as the 'acceptable' or 'normal' face of Glasgow's so-called great footballing divide. Instead they appear hell-bent on rivalling Rangers for sheer utter cuntishness. Bewildering, and also bewilderingly stupid.

a/ Why I think there's been a deliberate switch in media coverage (what, like OF fans have never sung anything offensive before?)

b/ Its not up to me to defend the Tims but when they watch our authorities let their rivals away with as much as they do it must be hard to keep their zoomers in check tbf.

I do agree though, that its always puzzled me why they haven't taken the chance of the Huns demise to push their own fortunes in another league? I just can't see how the OF package playing in, say, England offers the Tims more than the Tims doing it on their own. Huns, yeah for sure they'd just be another Aston Villa but the plastic paddies? Surely that brand stands on its own?

I do agree though, that its always puzzled me why they haven't taken the chance of the Huns demise to push their own fortunes in another league? I just can't see how the OF package playing in, say, England offers the Tims more than the Tims doing it on their own. Huns, yeah for sure they'd just be another Aston Villa but the plastic paddies? Surely that brand stands on its own?

No one wants them

No one wants them

Agree, but you can't be telling me they have more chance with their ugly wee brother in tow? Unless they too are now believing Sky's propoganda?

Said before, their best shot at England is probably if the Manyoos and Chelskis fuck off to some global league and the rest of the shite in England use some of their Sky cash to reinvigorate what's left. But again I'd ask why they're not brave enough to go down this route on their own.