Sevco Thread

The English league has the advantage that the tv money is distributed much more fairly than in the other top leagues. The league (on paper) looks more competitive than the other big leagues in Europe.

A quick google tells me the English deal is £1bn from overseas tv and £1.8bn from domestic but the figures don't really matter. The overseas mnoney is split in a straightforward 20 way (EPL clubs). The domestic money is split 3 ways. 50% is again a straight 20 way split. 25% is on merit with winners last year Chelsea getting 20 times what bottom club Sunderland got. Finally the remaining 25% is split based on tv appearances. Interestingly, the end result once you factor all that in is that winners Chelsea got 1.5 times what Sunderland got.

Does somebody fancy doing a Scottish comparison. Apart from the obvious sums involved I'm guessing it would look a bit more top heavy. But its still light years from the old ridiculous SPL top two creaming it model.

Been to 3 EPL games. All boring pish. The Merseyside Derby I was in with the toffees. Absolutely dire atmosphere compared to the Edinburgh derby. Had cunts with Liverpool shirts on mingling about with the blues. And not once did anyone tell me to calm down.

Could get a pint at half time mind you and I quite liked the naughty chant "the babies not yours, the babies not yours, Steven Gerrard the babies not yours" (his Mrs meant to have been getting rode from some local gangster) I think Liverpool won 0-1. Andy Carroll goal.

But a general feeling of apathy and indifference from the supporters.

EPL can sook my root. Laddies at 17/18 never played a first team game and are millionaires - aff it.

Pancake is the gangster in question

Ryan Jack has won his appeal against the red card shown in the recent 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1401348-ryan-jack-wins-appeal-against-violent-conduct-ban/?utm_content=buffer414c1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Looks like Jack The Rat has found his vocation.

Does anything he likes on the pitch without punishment.

Ryan Jack has won his appeal against the red card shown in the recent 1-1 draw with Kilmarnock.

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1401348-ryan-jack-wins-appeal-against-violent-conduct-ban/?utm_content=buffer414c1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Yes its called playing for the "old firm"

no fucking way, beyond belief