Sevco Thread

Do you think it wasn't a penalty ?

Hadn’t actually seen it at time of my post but just saw it now and you know what it probably is a pen albeit a soft one but the antics of the cunts to get the guy sent off - the Rat included - was a disgrace. Still think Thomson is a dreadful ref tho and also still stand by my statement that Sevco will not finish 2nd

That's as blatant a penalty as you'll see... the guy had both arms above his head FFS. 

His first booking however was an absolute nonsense, he won the ball fairly against Morelos who then proceeded to jump in the air like a scalded cat. Ref: "oh, eh, that'll be a yellow then". 

Motherwell's defending after the red card was reminiscent of ours at Parkhead in The Game Which Must Not Be Mentioned*, absolutely hideous stuff. 

*Aye, that 9-0 disaster... thanks McGhee. 

That's as blatant a penalty as you'll see... the guy had both arms above his head FFS. 

His first booking however was an absolute nonsense, he won the ball fairly against Morelos who then proceeded to jump in the air like a scalded cat. Ref: "oh, eh, that'll be a yellow then". 

Motherwell's defending after the red card was reminiscent of ours at Parkhead in The Game Which Must Not Be Mentioned*, absolutely hideous stuff. 

*Aye, that 9-0 disaster... thanks McGhee. 

To be fair he was sliding at the time- it's not uncommon to have arms higher to keep body movement under control but it undeniably affected play -  as I said I've seen them given but would have been (pleasantly) surprised to see it given against the huns and hardly the most blatant hand ball ever - let alone penalty.

Michael Stewart and Stephen Thompson disagreed on Sportscene on whether it was a penalty or not. What they did both agree on is that McHugh was very harshly treated in being sent off for his two offences. I actually thought it was a pen but no way did McHugh deserve to be sent off in that game.

But when Craig Thomson is the ref nothing surprises me.