Sevco Thread

Guest the shepherd

Mind Hans Blix?

Aye, he helped prolong the lives of poor haddock, cod and whitings in the North Sea and saved them from being murdered by greedy, overzealous fishermen. The boy's a legend.

But of course, any "outpouring of grief" by Aberdeen Football Club and its fans in a similar scenario (early death of a former club captain who led the team to a league title and league cup) would be genuine and totally appropriate. 

It's a function of the social media driven world many choose to live in.  BWG's underlying point was that he hates huns, whereas your point is that you tolerate them.  Which basically means you are a hun.

But of course, any "outpouring of grief" by Aberdeen Football Club and its fans in a similar scenario (early death of a former club captain who led the team to a league title and league cup) would be genuine and totally appropriate.

I've seen dons fans on here criticised for much the same sort of fake grief, so your assumption doesn't really ring true tbh.

Personally what I always find difficult with the Huns is the utterly singular, narrow mindset they all seem to have. Where MND affecting Ricksen is a huge subject of grief and dismay for them by if the same condition or say Cancer befell a Celtic player many of these same Huns wouldn't give a toss.

So in that sense it is very fake - half of them probably have no idea what MND actually is and how many people are affected Uk wide or globally etc.

I've seen dons fans on here criticised for much the same sort of fake grief, so your assumption doesn't really ring true tbh.

Personally what I always find difficult with the Huns is the utterly singular, narrow mindset they all seem to have. Where MND affecting Ricksen is a huge subject of grief and dismay for them by if the same condition or say Cancer befell a Celtic player many of these same Huns wouldn't give a toss.

So in that sense it is very fake - half of them probably have no idea what MND actually is and how many people are affected Uk wide or globally etc.

Another thing that you see is people putting in their RIP tuppence on social media but they have to include "As a Celtic Fan" or " from a Celtic fan". Like they want congratulated for it because it's a hun that's died and they support the other side. 

Or even worse "from the Celtic family". Boak.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/4736358/fernando-ricksen-rangers-wife-veronika-visit-death/

"Couldn't visit due to cash woes"

How on earth have they got into a situation where they can't afford a flight? Did they spend all the money on treatment?

Unlikely, untreatable. I'd like to think my wife (If I had one) would choose to live in the same country as me if I was terminally ill.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/4736358/fernando-ricksen-rangers-wife-veronika-visit-death/

"Couldn't visit due to cash woes"

How on earth have they got into a situation where they can't afford a flight? Did they spend all the money on treatment?

I wondered that a few months back when they were begging for cash. Apparently his first wife cleaned him out when they split. Kudos to Mrs Ricksen mk1